JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
Guessing which coaches will be fired/mutually part ways:

Quennville, AV, Gulutzan, McClellan, Blashill, Trotz, Peters

Maybe: Hakstol, Hitchcock, Carlyle

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
I doubt this very much. This guy is a bozo and his predictions rarely if ever come close. Obviously there will be coaches fired, but that number he throws out is ridiculous.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Julien is not getting fired before Bergevin is.

He will go with him. Julien isn't a bad coach but Bergevin is horrible and unfortunately a coach usually goes with his GM when the latter is fired. Montreal needs to be willing to hire people who aren't from Quebec. Last time they had a head coach (full-time) who wasn't born in Quebec was Al McNeil in 1971. Last time they had a GM who wasn't born in Quebec was Bob Gainey, and before that you have to go back to Selke who was GM from 1946 to 1964

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I don't think Boucher is getting canned.

Pretty sure he's safe for now in Ottawa.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Just out of curiosity, is there any rule in promising a coach a job for next season while a team has a coach? Suppose one of the bubble teams makes playoffs but wants to change directions and hire one of the coaches fired, can they sign/promise to sign them once their season is over?

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
What?????

Taylor Hall who is top 10 in NHL PPG with 78 points in 68 games wouldn't help the PP?

No. He's not a D. He doesn't shoot right. He's not replacing McDavid. He's not replacing Draisaitl. That leaves one spot on the top unit and that's in front of the net. Maybe that's where he plays in NJ but I think that's a waste of his talent.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Chicago went from a HFBoards declared dynasty to one of the worst teams in the entire NHL. Can't say I saw that one coming.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
My guess at the firings:

Carlyle, Peters, Gultzan, Quenneville, Blashill, McLellan, Weight, Vingeault, Trotz

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
No. He's not a D. He doesn't shoot right. He's not replacing McDavid. He's not replacing Draisaitl. That leaves one spot on the top unit and that's in front of the net. Maybe that's where he plays in NJ but I think that's a waste of his talent.

Why is he not replacing Draisaitl?

And having him likely means they can potentially move a guy down to help out the 2nd unit.

I am sorry I am having a hard time with the argument that a guys who has 78 points in 68 games can't help the last place PP in the league. If that is true then the PP isn't an issue at all.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
My guess at the firings:

Carlyle, Peters, Gultzan, Quenneville, Blashill, McLellan, Weight, Vingeault, Trotz

carlyle is not getting fired

murray is in love with him and he'll get at least another season

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
carlyle is not getting fired

murray is in love with him and he'll get at least another season

He was dumped the minute Boudreau was available. Besides, Shannon hinted at one move coming out of left corner.

Anyways, Murray may very well hold him in high regard.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
He was dumped the minute Boudreau was available. Besides, Shannon hinted at one move coming out of left corner.

Anyways, Murray may very well hold him in high regard.

that was perfect timing. carlyle had lost the locker room early in that 11-12 season and once BB became available they made the change

if there's a move coming out of nowhere, it's not carlyle getting fired

Reactions: BHD

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
please be Carlyle, please be Carlyle, please be Carlyle....
if I ws a coach looking for a job, I'd start hanging around the Honda Center to help grease the skids on the Carlyle wagon

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Why is he not replacing Draisaitl?

And having him likely means they can potentially move a guy down to help out the 2nd unit.

I am sorry I am having a hard time with the argument that a guys who has 78 points in 68 games can't help the last place PP in the league. If that is true then the PP isn't an issue at all.

I think what he meant is having Hall wouldn't make a difference because of the way it's run. I mean it has McDavid and Draisaitl and it has still been horrendous for the bulk of the season. Everything from their zone entries to their set ups are predictable and aren't successful very often. They basically use only half the zone, have almost no player movement top create good passing lanes. It's an all around mess and has been all season long and a lot of the blame belongs to the coaching staff and in particular Jay Woodcroft.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Quenneville, McLellan, Gulutzan, Housley, Weight, Yeo, Green, Boucher, Trotz?
I think if you replace Green and Weight on that list with AV and Peters. Think that's the list. Out of that group I think 3-4 will be hired with new jobs before next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad