John Scott on Erik Karlsson

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
"Reliable" insider John Scott is reporting...

Just got word that the NHL camps will begin again June 1... European players are coming back soon #breaking

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Hard to say because, and believe me when I say this, I dont know the times they sat there quietly after going down in a playoff game because their teammate was lazy. I just dont have any on the top of my head

A coach yelling at his players is about the most drama you will get, and even then that draws headlines. There is a reason why Couture's comments (earlier this season) about Meier and Labanc raised so many eyebrows; it is so rare to see a public dressing down or spat.

Just got word that the NHL camps will begin again June 1... European players are coming back soon #breaking

You'd think this is true, no? Otherwise, he'd be destroying his credibility. This is a verifiable fact.

The Ice Hockey Dude

Ack! Thbbft!
Jul 18, 2003
Lost in the SW!
this is all very interesting, not quite sure what to make of it
other then some drama for us to read on a player.

However, where their is smoke, perhaps there is a fire. We will never know, only players arounf him, his friends and family
know how he really is, be interesting to see if they defend him
now.

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
my guess is that in a regular season game, burns will get stuck on the ice for an extended shift

then when they finally barely clear the puck out of the zone, EK65 gets ready to jump on the ice for the change

but then Burns sees an opportunity to be aggressive for an odd-man rush, stays on the ice, and joins the rush, forcing EK65 to stay on the bench

unfortunately Burns is too gassed, gets the puck stolen and vegas goes the other way for the gwg while Burns injures his knee on the play

clock runs out and game is over

Burns is grimacing on the ice holding his knee

EK65 skates over, shaking his head, hands on hips, and berates Burns for not tagging him in, then kicks Brent's bad leg

EK65: "All you had to do was just tag me, Brent. My hand was there, just tag me. I knew your leg was bad, I was aware of that, just tag me. I could've won the game, but you're too damn selfish. And that's why you're sitting there with a bad leg. And that's why I kicked your leg out of your leg."

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007

I'm the NBA is opening their facilities apparently the same day

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
my guess is that in a regular season game, burns will get stuck on the ice for an extended shift

then when they finally barely clear the puck out of the zone, EK65 gets ready to jump on the ice for the change

but then Burns sees an opportunity to be aggressive for an odd-man rush, stays on the ice, and joins the rush, forcing EK65 to stay on the bench

unfortunately Burns is too gassed, gets the puck stolen and vegas goes the other way for the gwg while Burns injures his knee on the play

clock runs out and game is over

Burns is grimacing on the ice holding his knee

EK65 skates over, shaking his head, hands on hips, and berates Burns for not tagging him in, then kicks Brent's bad leg

EK65: "All you had to do was just tag me, Brent. My hand was there, just tag me. I knew your leg was bad, I was aware of that, just tag me. I could've won the game, but you're too damn selfish. And that's why you're sitting there with a bad leg. And that's why I kicked your leg out of your leg."

Enough is enough and it's time for a change.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
yeah but if what’s being conveyed is true the difference is Boyle came in undrafted and busted his ass to get to where he did. He was one of the most competitive and from what I’ve read one of the most respected leaders in the room.

What I’ve seen in a couple different interviews is that Erik doesn’t have a strong offseason workout regiment, he has quit on the team when the going gets tough, and that it seems he’s not well liked amongst the locker room. There’s a difference between being a vocal leader that’s respected and one that just alienates you’re teammates.
Chastising a teammate publicly is not a good sign of leadership. Brassard eludes to that:

If Hoffman had jumped Boyle or Pavelski the way he did to EK65 in FLA, I’m betting the team would have intervened unlike they did for Karlsson. That’s the unsettling part.

You are right though. EK isn’t going anywhere so they’re going to have to sort it out in the locker room

Sharks are notorious for not helping out when one of their players gets jumped. It' a surprise when they do come to someones aid. It's been an off and on problem for a couple decades.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Sharks are notorious for not helping out when one of their players gets jumped. It' a surprise when they do come to someones aid. It's been an off and on problem for a couple decades.
It's certain teams. The last I really remember not giving a rip physically was in 02-03, and this team is similar in a lot of ways. The next year they got Scott Parker and no Jody Shelley on Brad Stuart-type situations occured after.

90's Sharks teams never used to get bullied. Most post-lockout teams have stood up for one another, too.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
It's certain teams. The last I really remember not giving a rip physically was in 02-03, and this team is similar in a lot of ways. The next year they got Scott Parker and no Jody Shelley on Brad Stuart-type situations occured after.

90's Sharks teams never used to get bullied. Most post-lockout teams have stood up for one another, too.
Having a Ryans Clowe helps too. Miss this guy in teal.

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009

It's certain players too. I mean even this year in the first game, Jumbo got into a mix to protect Sorensen. When Michalek got smoked by Morrow, no one stepped up, but that team had Clowe and Murray and Shelley (not sure if he played that game though).

Let's not also pretend that Hoffman jumped Karlsson and started throwing. He engaged him and immediate got separated by the refs. Kane was there immediately, ready to step in if needed, and so was Goodrow, PLUS the announcers also note how Dillon got involved verbally, probably saying to fight him instead.

Reactions: slocal

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
It's certain players too. I mean even this year in the first game, Jumbo got into a mix to protect Sorensen. When Michalek got smoked by Morrow, no one stepped up, but that team had Clowe and Murray and Shelley (not sure if he played that game though).

Let's not also pretend that Hoffman jumped Karlsson and started throwing. He engaged him and immediate got separated by the refs. Kane was there immediately, ready to step in if needed, and so was Goodrow, PLUS the announcers also note how Dillon got involved verbally, probably saying to fight him instead.

I must have missed the beginning of this game... this is the altercation where a bunch of people claimed no one jumped up to come to EK65s defense? Looked to me like Dillon was there almost immediately. This was nothing like the events of the past where Sharks actually got jumped and no one did shit. But I know that doesn't make a good narrative for some to constantly hate on ek65.

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
I didn’t listen to the podcast.
I was thrilled and amazed that we acquired him from Ottawa. I’m ecstatic that he will pull on a teal sweater for many years. I even bought his bobble head before he signed just for some juju.

Go Sharks!!

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
I don’t recall seeing Pavs putting anyone on blast during a game over a mistake like EK did with Dillon and Brassard. Nothing wrong with chewing out a teammate but do it in the locker room. Let the coach handle it during gameplay.

Brassard absolutely deserved that lashing out, and it arguably fired up the whole team to come back to win that game and the series.

Motivation isn't an exact science but the team started playing different after that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad