John Scott on Erik Karlsson

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Prime, healthy Karlsson was one of the best players in the game...easily someone you could build around. Outside of Crosby, Malkin, McDavid, and maybe Kucherov, I can't think of any post-lockout skater I'd rather build around.

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
Prime, healthy Karlsson was one of the best players in the game...easily someone you could build around. Outside of Crosby, Malkin, McDavid, and maybe Kucherov, I can't think of any post-lockout skater I'd rather build around.

While that’s true we don’t seem to have that version of Karlsson, yet we are paying and putting our hopes on him like we do?

Erep

Jul 17, 2019
While that’s true we don’t seem to have that version of Karlsson, yet we are paying and putting our hopes on him like we do?
We have for like two stretches, and the team was near unbeatable in both of them. (Both times Simek joined the team.)

If he comes back from the long offseason, healthy and focused, all this nonsense will go away. He has had really bad luck with injuries. Yes, the slow starts are a bit disappointing, but there were unusual situations behind both of them, as well as that being something that has been part of his identity his whole career.

Obviously, it sucks when he gets injured, but that is the sport. Guys will get injured, and when it is your top guy, it will make things hard.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
None of those guys have carried their team the way EK65 carried the Sens in that one playoff. Crosby has always had Malkin who I actually prefer most seasons. McDavid has Drai and they can score but can't win. Kucherov... well, he's great but he hasn't carried a stacked team. IMO the D-man is always worth more especially one like EK65. I'm holding out hope that this much time off will heal all that ails this team at least for next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->