Player Discussion John-Jason (JJ) Peterka, RW (34th overall, 2020) -- Signed to ELC

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
We now interrupt this mouthguard hygiene report to bring you breaking news ...

1 goal in his last 15 games. 2 points in his last 9.

But he's having fun! I can tell, because he's smiling. Even after turning over pucks or failing to get to the middle of the ice, can't keep him down, no sir. He's all smiles.

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
But he's having fun! I can tell, because he's smiling. Even after turning over pucks or failing to get to the middle of the ice, can't keep him down, no sir. He's all smiles.
Like a lot of young players on this team, some tough love would be beneficial. I just don't think Don and company are up to it.

Reactions: Jacob582

HOOats

NO DOOM NO GLOOM
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo

• Love
Reactions: Jim Bob and Dingo44

KiwiGriff

It’s a Bloody Business Bates!
Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
We now interrupt this mouthguard hygiene report to bring you breaking news ...

1 goal in his last 15 games. 2 points in his last 9.
In other news, hockey players don’t score the exact same number of goals and assists every single game they play. Production goes up and down.

4 goals in his last 2 games. 7 points in his last 5 at a +4.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
In other news, hockey players don’t score the exact same number of goals and assists every single game they play. Production goes up and down.

4 goals in his last 2 games. 7 points in his last 5 at a +4.

Most non-elite scorers are quite streaky. Hell, even in Tage's last 2 seasons we've seen it....and we've seen Skinner's streaks.

JJP is no different.

Reactions: Dingo44

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Reactions: HOOats

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Untradeable

Screenshot_20240131_174153_Instagram.jpg

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Golf sucks to no end. Such a snooze fest geezer sport. People care even less about peoples' handicaps than they care about someones fantasy football team. Disc golf, however? Different story. Also, that outfit: World class.

I’m apparently a geezer at 40. Golf is hard. There’s been numerous times I’ve just launched my club and left it behind. It’s not an easy sport at all.

Although my response to “what’s your handicap?” is “me”. Wrong answer, but accurate.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Golf is just an excuse to drink with the boys

Well yes. But I at least start out pretending to care.

Hell there was one time I went golfing and I sliced the ball so badly that I got a “course in one”. Yea, the ball somehow went into the hole on the 18th green. Thankfully the group I was with were playing best ball, because people would have lost their shit if I smacked a ball off of that green.

KiwiGriff

It’s a Bloody Business Bates!
Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
I’m apparently a geezer at 40. Golf is hard. There’s been numerous times I’ve just launched my club and left it behind. It’s not an easy sport at all.

Although my response to “what’s your handicap?” is “me”. Wrong answer, but accurate.
That’s about when I started. Fun way to drink beers and go for a walk.
When I play golf, it’s usually about 90 shots that frustrate me and about 10 that make me feel like there’s hope for me yet.

alehman42

Sponsor
Apr 13, 2015
Golf sucks to no end. Such a snooze fest geezer sport. People care even less about peoples' handicaps than they care about someones fantasy football team. Disc golf, however? Different story. Also, that outfit: World class.

Both traditional golf and disc golf are a blast to play. Even if you're terrible, they're still fun if you have the right attitude. Alcohol can help, but honestly isn't necessary.

(Watching golf: I'm completely with you. It's literally like watching darts or shuffleboard: see if the old guy can hit the target. My grandmother lived to 103 and swore she loved watching golf...because she'd nod off for 30 minutes at a time, then wake up and be completely unaware she'd missed anything.)

As for JJ's duds... that's a long standing tradition among lousy dude golfers: if you flub your tee shot so bad that it doesn't make it past the women's tees, you play the rest of the hole in your underwear 😂

Reactions: Uberpecker

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
Golf is incredibly enjoyable. Best part is relaxing and enjoying the weather with friends. Watching it however, yuck.

Reactions: Uberpecker

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Well yes. But I at least start out pretending to care.

Hell there was one time I went golfing and I sliced the ball so badly that I got a “course in one”. Yea, the ball somehow went into the hole on the 18th green. Thankfully the group I was with were playing best ball, because people would have lost their shit if I smacked a ball off of that green.

Last time I went golfing (on my brother's course in NC in December)............I nearly hit a kid after my ball bounced off three trees...............and then somehow sliced a tee shot over the houses AND the road bordering the course. Mind you, I regularly shoot 85-90.

It's not hard to hit the ball. It's hard to make the f***ing thing go straight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad