Player Discussion John-Jason (JJ) Peterka, RW (34th overall, 2020) -- Signed to ELC

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I’m sure all the guys he’s beat scored all of their points against only the best teams…so…sorry JJ. You scored on Canada today. That gives you one point for the tourney.

Reactions: Jeremy2020

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
It's like Cozens last year - there has been a spread of scoring against everyone. It would've been impressive to see Stutzle or even Reichel here with him since there are plays that he creates that don't fully form because Kahun or Tiffels or anyone else is spending time dusting things off.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
Smart teams don't trade players they see huge upside in.
Yes they do. Teams make hockey trades. Boston did it. Chicago did it. Tampa did it. Colorado did it. I don’t remember off the top of my head if the kings did it. Vegas does it twice a year.

Well, I disagree, there’s enough place for Peterka and Savoie and Kulich.

Skinner - Thompson - Tuch
Quinn - Cozens - Peterka
Kulich - Mitts - Savoie
Queue the “why does Okposo have 17 mins a night of ice time?” Comments.

Last edited:
Reactions: HOOats

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Yes they do. Teams make hockey trades. Boston did it. Chicago did it. Tampa did it. Colorado did it. I don’t remember off the top of my head if the kings did it. Vegas does it twice a year.

Braydan Schenn and Simmonds for Mike Richards, although the Kings had a bonafide starter and had made the playoffs a couple times by then.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
I hope and think prime Milan Hejduk, of course he had Sakic and Forsberg too...

I loved Hejduk. That's a great style comp.

I have a vision of Peterka being one of the NHL's best penalty killers, someday.
Can anyone talk me out out of it?

Long term, I'm hoping he and Ostlund have good chemistry. That could be 2/3rds of an elite 2-way line. As for the other wing, Quinn honestly has it in him to have good defensive chops as well. Perhaps a less ratty version of Pasta - Bergeron - Marchand

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I'm a little upset he didn't step it up for the Sabres playoff run.

But he looks to be a gamer otherwise. This tournament and the AHL playoffs last year where he scored 12 points in 10 games.

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
I'm a little upset he didn't step it up for the Sabres playoff run.

But he looks to be a gamer otherwise. This tournament and the AHL playoffs last year where he scored 12 points in 10 games.
Maybe I’m remembering wrong, but didn’t he have a very lengthy midseason slump and then started producing again towards the end of the year?

Edit: looks like you do have it right. He did break out of his winter slump with 11 points in March, but had just 1 point in April (his goal at MSG).

RefsIdeas

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Maybe I’m remembering wrong, but didn’t he have a very lengthy midseason slump and then started producing again towards the end of the year?

Edit: looks like you do have it right. He did break out of his winter slump with 11 points in March, but had just 1 point in April (his goal at MSG).
Peterka had a 22 game stretch where he had 2 points from Dec 31 to Feb 26. Jack Quinn had a 21 game stretch where he had 3 points from Dec 15 to Feb 13. Having both of those guys step up and produce more consistently would be huge for us next year.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022

top teams competing for cups do it. Thanks for listing all the cup winners to prove my point. Sabres can do it next year if they perform well.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
top teams competing for cups do it. Thanks for listing all the cup winners to prove my point. Sabres can do it next year if they perform well.
Beep beep beep beep heads up goal posts moving

Btw Tampa traded drouin before winning a cup, blues traded for ROR before winning a cup, Vegas traded for Eichel before winning a cup, reinhart and Tkachuck, ya know as a matter of fact most teams that won a cup made trades prior to winning it. See eventually to get your silly point to not be factually incorrect you have to allow everyone in the pool. So we’ve gone from you can’t make bold trades and win a cup to you can’t make a trade if you aren’t already a contender if that trade involves a draft pick higher than the mid first round but you also can’t trade the pick if it is lower than that and has developed into a player who has developed and shows any promise. You

Last edited:
Reactions: HOOats

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
I mean, how often do ELCs get traded? If you're good enough to be an every day player, you're too valuable to move and if not, you Greyhound into the AHL sunset.

Reactions: elchud

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad