Prospect Info: John Beecher signs ELC - 925K AAV

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
LOL what. The plan all along was to have him sign an ATO, get games in Providence and then sign his ELC after the Bruins season was over....which was two days ago.
Have we seen that before, where the actual ELC is announced after the season?

Normally, they just announce it, regardless of the official signing date. Or am I wrong about that?

Reactions: Saxon Eric

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Have we seen that before, where the actual ELC is announced after the season?

Normally, they just announce it, regardless of the official signing date. Or am I wrong about that?
They were going to do the same thing with McAvoy until injuries happened and they signed him early to get him in the lineup for the playoffs.

But yes, happens a lot

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
They were going to do the same thing with McAvoy until injuries happened and they signed him early to get him in the lineup for the playoffs.

But yes, happens a lot
Yeah, that's who I was thinking of when I started questioning it. Just didn't recall them being forced into it and just assumed it was the plan all along.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Hopefully Beecher will be an upgrade over Studnicka, who just can't get his act together at the NHL level.

Yeah, Studs is the prospect that is probably the most disappointing of the current bunch. It will be interesting to see what happens in camp with Beecher.

Reactions: BMC

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Would love to see this kid make it out of camp and force the Bruins hand on Foligno.

Beecher -- Frederic -- Lazar

as the 4th line with Blidh and Nosek coming off the bench.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Beecher-McLovin-XXX 4th line or do we think they put him at center?
Like to see those x's translate to Lazar. Guy deserves a contract after his play this season. He wants to stay and Bs apparently are interested. It depends on the $$$$ of course. But if you're pencilling in two rookies for the 4th it would be good to have a steady vet presence there.

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
Yeah, that's who I was thinking of when I started questioning it. Just didn't recall them being forced into it and just assumed it was the plan all along.
Injuries that playoffs forced him into the lineup. The stated plan prior was to have him play out the string in Providence. Because of his age, even playing 1 game in Boston would burn a year off his ELC.

Clearly whatever they saw during his short time in Providence convinced them he was ready.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
He can hit, but hes not close to the offensive game or the snarl of wilson

Excellent skater, by far his best trait

I hope he isn't a psycho like Wilson, either. As for offensive game, Wilson was not Wilson for several years as a pro. It's a development thing. We should be so lucky if Beecher can get to that level offensively, but you never know.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
A lot happened yesterday that I didn’t really notice until I saw thread names. So Beecher and Zboril both signed/re-signed.

I don’t know where but @BMC made a good point on Sweeney and these signings. Would they let him make moves like this if they were planning on moving on from him? @DominicT @Gee Wally?

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
A lot happened yesterday that I didn’t really notice until I saw thread names. So Beecher and Zboril both signed/re-signed.

I don’t know where but @BMC made a good point on Sweeney and these signings. Would they let him make moves like this if they were planning on moving on from him? @DominicT @Gee Wally?

I think he’s say for now.
Ask me again though come Thanksgiving and where they stand.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

Beecher's signing is pretty standard and I can't imagine they weren't going to sign Beecher. The Zboril signing wasn't exactly a massive hit to the cap either. With that I don't think for a moment they thought about moving on from Sweeney. Had the Bruins missed the playoffs then maybe its a different story.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

Why not? Gold does most of the negotiating and Neely links the deals

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad