Prospect Info: John Beecher signs ELC - 925K AAV

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Beecher will be a big fast center who cant handle the puck all the well or finish. But he’ll be an effective forechecker and penalty killer who will be a 10-25 point player in the nhl for a long time as a reliable 4th line centerman. Id say his best case scenario is turning into a cody eakin. But he’ll likely be a matt hendricks/MPS
Safe to say his floor is Sean Kuraly? He's a big kid so hopefully he can work on his offensive game.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I’m going to game Tuesday with Eric - we will be fun to see Beecher

there is no room for either Kaly or Brink on top 6 with Marchand & Hall on left side and DeBrusk & Pastrnak on right. I’m very very concerned where Is Lysell & Merkulov going to play.

It’s nice having top end guys but you only have 4 wing spots available in top 6

The good news is with Ullmark & Swayman plus a D of under 30 guys: McAvoy, Carlo (fantastic vs Penguins one of best games I’ve ever seen him play) Lindholm, Grzelcyk, and Uber D prospect Mason Lohrei coming the Bruins aren’t going anywhere anytime soon
DeBrusk's spot when we trade him for an upgrade in the top 4 D in the offseason. You have a much higher opinion of Grzelyk than I do and Lohrei hasn't proven a thing yet. He might be a good top 6 D or he might be Tommy Cross. They need a number 1 and 2 center when Marchand goes. Ain't Studnicka, Frederick or Beecher. I like all of those players but if one of them is your top 1 or 2 center, regardless of how good your wings and D are, you will be battling with Arizona for the top pick.

Of course I would make signing Kadhri a priority this off season but I can't see Sweeney doing that.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
DeBrusk's spot when we trade him for an upgrade in the top 4 D in the offseason. You have a much higher opinion of Grzelyk than I do and Lohrei hasn't proven a thing yet. He might be a good top 6 D or he might be Tommy Cross. They need a number 1 and 2 center when Marchand goes. Ain't Studnicka, Frederick or Beecher. I like all of those players but if one of them is your top 1 or 2 center, regardless of how good your wings and D are, you will be battling with Arizona for the top pick.

Of course I would make signing Kadhri a priority this off season but I can't see Sweeney doing that.
Last year Kadri 36 points 54 games - dangerous to pay him

Ideally Grzelcyk is a Swiss Army knife and not a conventional top 4 but yes I’m a fan

My Lohrei take is 99% shaped by Big 10 Hockey analysts and long time former NHL defenseman Steve Konroyd & Ben Clymer- neither of who broadcast OSU hockey but rave about Lohrei

Reactions: Fenian24

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Beecher will be a big fast center who cant handle the puck all the well or finish. But he’ll be an effective forechecker and penalty killer who will be a 10-25 point player in the nhl for a long time as a reliable 4th line centerman. Id say his best case scenario is turning into a cody eakin. But he’ll likely be a matt hendricks/MPS
Good post - I’m going tomorrow so excited to see him

Although he wasn’t my first choice neither was McAvoy so he’s here and if he is a 25 point guy who brings what Lazar does with some more physicality I will be good/happy

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I’m going to game Tuesday with Eric - we will be fun to see Beecher

there is no room for either Kaly or Brink on top 6 with Marchand & Hall on left side and DeBrusk & Pastrnak on right. I’m very very concerned where Is Lysell & Merkulov going to play.

It’s nice having top end guys but you only have 4 wing spots available in top 6

The good news is with Ullmark & Swayman plus a D of under 30 guys: McAvoy, Carlo (fantastic vs Penguins one of best games I’ve ever seen him play) Lindholm, Grzelcyk, and Uber D prospect Mason Lohrei coming the Bruins aren’t going anywhere anytime soon
Marchand turns 34 in two weeks. As much as we love the guy it’s not like he’s going to be around for a very long time. Debrusk wants out, there shouldn’t be a struggle to find lysell a spot 2-3 years down the road.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Marchand turns 34 in two weeks. As much as we love the guy it’s not like he’s going to be around for a very long time. Debrusk wants out, there shouldn’t be a struggle to find lysell a spot 2-3 years down the road.
2-3 Years away

Kaliyev should only play here as visitor

He would not make it here - not mentally tough

Reactions: Saxon Eric

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
In regards to Brad, The Bruins should find out asap whether Bergy is planning on returning next season. If I'm running the team and Bergy retires I go to Brad and do him a solid and move him to his team of choice.

Get a high-end prospect/NHL player in return and move on with a rebuild with the forward group

Name Chuckie the captain.

This will go over well :)

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
2-3 Years away

Kaliyev should only play here as visitor

He would not make it here - not mentally tough
You know absolutely nothing about kaliyevs mental make up lol. The knock on him is that he had some weird interviews and conditioning. He answered the conditioning aspect and the interviews have nothing to do with him not being mentally tough enough.

When it comes down to it he just had a rookie campaign that many people on here would take as Beecher peaks after reading through comments.

Reactions: TCB

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
In regards to Brad, The Bruins should find out asap whether Bergy is planning on returning next season. If I'm running the team and Bergy retires I go to Brad and do him a solid and move him to his team of choice.

Get a high-end prospect/NHL player in return and move on with a rebuild with the forward group

Name Chuckie the captain.

This will go over well :)

Ya I mean Brad can stay or go whatever he wants. I’m just trying to say if we are afraid of having space for wingers like lysell(or others), well in two years marchand will be 36 and debrusks contract will be up(if he isn’t already traded) so there shouldn’t be much of a road block if lysell actually has the talent to fill the shoes of someone in the top 6.

I actually think the complete opposite of what was said. The bruins need to start drafting some wingers. Smith gone after next year, Debrusk in two years max, Marchand is 34.

There’s a good chance all that’s left is Hall and Pasta in about 3 years and by then Hall will be 34. Time to start actually nailing drafting and developing so we don’t end up paying foligno, haula, nosek, etc

Reactions: TCB

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Looks good - gotta give him the 100 AHL games but overall definitely impressed

Reactions: 13Hockey

TimThomas24

Jun 13, 2013
Does he have any snarl? Would love if he became somewhat similar to Tom Wilson (minus the cheap stuff)

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Safe to say his floor is Sean Kuraly? He's a big kid so hopefully he can work on his offensive game.
I'm hoping it improves, but statwise it doesn't look like he's had much offensive improvement since his freshman year. (it's not bad, but it's not great either, about 0.5 ppg)

Honestly, I hope the Bruins invest in some offensive skills coaches for Providence, because we know all the players that come up can play a two-way game... we need them to develop their offense to the next level.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
This flies in the face of everything I’ve seen written here but it was only one game and maybe it’s a shooting star in more ways than one

He handled the puck exceptionally well - passing outstanding and decisions correct; wasn’t expecting that based on what I saw here

He did start slowly but from mid point of game he was a beast

He got crushed from behind and not only got up he somehow recovered and made a play

He showed confidence making diagonal passes on the power play and they were crisp and right on the blade with speed

He wasn’t overly physical or remotely edgy I saw 0.0 Tom Wilson.

I hope they give him the 100+ AHL games like Marchand & Krejci and let him fully develop

They rush him this could be regrettable they let him get minimum full year they could have a real good one

The Storm

Mar 15, 2022
Beecher
Seems reasonable. Might be a better skater than Kuraly? Beecher looks like he has wheels when he gets rolling. Big guy, who is still filling out his frame. Sometimes these bigger players need more time to mature.

I think Cam Neely even took a while?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Looking forward to the draft this year when the Bruins go off the board with their first pick and draft someone that nobody else considered taking at all. I say this because I assume Providence needs bottom 6 grinders too....:naughty:

As for Beecher, he's a long term project at best and will likely never see significant time in the NHL, good size and speed aside. He lacks hockey IQ, which is far more important than straight line speed.
Beecher looks like he’s on a higher level than Kuraly from skating, passing, shot. At least tonight when he scored 2 and could have had another easily ~ but I am a baseball and football savant, whereas hockey and the Bruins were shoved down my throat by my hockey loving parents and I’m just not as knowledgeable as the other two sports.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Beecher looks like he’s on a higher level than Kuraly from skating, passing, shot. At least tonight when he scored 2 and could have had another easily ~ but I am a baseball and football savant, whereas hockey and the Bruins were shoved down my throat by my hockey loving parents and I’m just not as knowledgeable as the other two sports.
Glad to hear he's settling in down in Providence nicely. Hopefully he works on some things and makes himself ready for camp next season and continues to grow. That's the only expectation I have for him at this point. Keep making progress and working on rounding out his overall game.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
After a disappointing first period he was the best player on the ice, had multiple dominant shifts and drove his line, he's got the tools to be successful
Now the question becomes can he do this consistently? What's he look like in game 30, then 50 and so on
He's off to a good start

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
For those here who want Beecher to succeeed and be a good player on the Boston Bruins he did one thing last night that bodes well - he passed well and found the open man

For those here that are rooting against him you may get your wish if they rush him and yo yo him.

Beecher may not like it but until he is continually one of the best players in Providence leave him there

One Robin don’t make a spring and two excellent periods doesn’t guarantee an NHL future but it’s nice to see that Robin

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
For those here who want Beecher to succeeed and be a good player on the Boston Bruins he did one thing last night that bodes well - he passed well and found the open man

For those here that are rooting against him you may get your wish if they rush him and yo yo him.

Beecher may not like it but until he is continually one of the best players in Providence leave him there

One Robin don’t make a spring and two excellent periods doesn’t guarantee an NHL future but it’s nice to see that Robin

Dan, the Shakespeare of HFB. I loved the Robin last night.

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa
I'm hoping it improves, but statwise it doesn't look like he's had much offensive improvement since his freshman year. (it's not bad, but it's not great either, about 0.5 ppg)

Honestly, I hope the Bruins invest in some offensive skills coaches for Providence, because we know all the players that come up can play a two-way game... we need them to develop their offense to the next level.
He went from an offensive role in school to more of a defensive role. That was because his team had a ridiculous amount of first rounders I believe 6. I wouldn’t count out his offense yet.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
He went from an offensive role in school to more of a defensive role. That was because his team had a ridiculous amount of first rounders I believe 6. I wouldn’t count out his offense yet.
Not completely counting it out... but I'd say we shouldn't be expecting it from him unless he's given that role in Providence.

Reactions: LSCII

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Not completely counting it out... but I'd say we shouldn't be expecting it from him unless he's given that role in Providence.
I would try and get him situated on second line next season down there - and get him on both second PK & PP

Don’t throw a lot at him early but enough and take inventory after 20 games/2 months

Honestly he was better than I expected - but it was only one game and more like 2 periods

Reactions: WhalerTurnedBruin55

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad