Prospect Info: John Beecher signs ELC - 925K AAV

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I hope he isn't a psycho like Wilson, either. As for offensive game, Wilson was not Wilson for several years as a pro. It's a development thing. We should be so lucky if Beecher can get to that level offensively, but you never know.
I would do handstands and cartwheels if he was anywhere near as mean and dirty as Tom Wilson.

Reactions: Kegs

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
I hope he isn't a psycho like Wilson, either. As for offensive game, Wilson was not Wilson for several years as a pro. It's a development thing. We should be so lucky if Beecher can get to that level offensively, but you never know.
Personally, we hate Wilson, but would be nice to have that kind of guy on our side for once...

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I would do handstands and cartwheels if he was anywhere near as mean and dirty as Tom Wilson.

I don't mind if he has some bite to his game, but no I can't get on board with him running guys and taking cheap headshots, sorry.

Personally, we hate Wilson, but would be nice to have that kind of guy on our side for once...

Again, as I said above, not on board with someone who plays with intent to injure guys as Wilson has in the past. Snarl, bite, whatever you want to call it, is fine. Deliberately taking cheap shots to hurt someone is not okay.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Oct 31, 2008
I don't mind if he has some bite to his game, but no I can't get on board with him running guys and taking cheap headshots, sorry.

Again, as I said above, not on board with someone who plays with intent to injure guys as Wilson has in the past. Snarl, bite, whatever you want to call it, is fine. Deliberately taking cheap shots to hurt someone is not okay.
It's not ok. But it's unfortunately part of the game.

I just hate being on the victim side of that.

Snarl, bite, yes that's what it is. Players play on the edge, it's a very thin line sometimes, and sometimes they cross it. Having a guy on the roster that makes the other team keep their head up isn't a bad thing.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
It's not ok. But it's unfortunately part of the game.

I just hate being on the victim side of that.

Snarl, bite, yes that's what it is. Players play on the edge, it's a very thin line sometimes, and sometimes they cross it. Having a guy on the roster that makes the other team keep their head up isn't a bad thing.
I hate one of our guys being on the victim end of it too. That said, My kind of snarl guy (using recent examples) are McQuaid and Miller. I don’t recall either of them ever going out of their way to cheap shot someone to the head like Wilson has done. People kept their heads up when those guys were on the ice, though. I hope Beecher can be that kind of player.

• Love
Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Oct 31, 2008
I hate one of our guys being on the victim end of it too. That said, My kind of snarl guy (using recent examples) are McQuaid and Miller. I don’t recall either of them ever going out of their way to cheap shot someone to the head like Wilson has done. People kept their heads up when those guys were on the ice, though. I hope Beecher can be that kind of player.
Well, I think we want the same thing. Of course I'd want a guy that's more prime Lucic than Wilson, but you know what, I'd rather have a Wilson on the team than no one that fits that model at all, is basically what I'm saying.

As for Beecher, let's just hope he can be his own player.

Reactions: Dr Hook

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Well, I think we want the same thing. Of course I'd want a guy that's more prime Lucic than Wilson, but you know what, I'd rather have a Wilson on the team than no one that fits that model at all, is basically what I'm saying.

As for Beecher, let's just hope he can be his own player.
well said, having never seen Beecher play outside of clips posted on here, I am intrigued with his combination of size, speed and apparent willingness to play a physical game when called for, so hard to know if this guy will play with a snarl at the NHL level. Not so sure he`s ever played in a league outside of a few AHL games where he would have displayed his fisticuffs

Based solely on what I read about the kid, sounds like he`s more of a bottom 6 C but if he winds up being a 3rd/th liner who brings an energy shift in and out, contributes a bit I`m good with that. 30th pick in round 1 so essentially a 2nd rounder, I typically don`t expect a ton out of 2nd rounders so we shall see

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
bumping this for a beecher-specific discussion. great to see him have a strong camp, despite the fact that it appears
he's on the outside looking in. the biggest key for him is to not sulk in providence and build off what he just did. he's
really close and wouldn't be shocked if he's a regular by midseason (assuming he doesn't act like a whiny bitch down there).

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
bumping this for a beecher-specific discussion. great to see him have a strong camp, despite the fact that it appears
he's on the outside looking in. the biggest key for him is to not sulk in providence and build off what he just did. he's
really close and wouldn't be shocked if he's a regular by midseason (assuming he doesn't act like a whiny bitch down there).
The roster cut blues, he had them for a bit to start last year.

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
If he goes down and plays like Heinen did in fall 2017, he'll get his chance sooner rather than later

Reactions: Alicat

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

I'm hoping they don't bury him on the 4th line with some junk wingers. They need to reward the kid - put him in the top 6 with some decent wingers to run with.

Reactions: neelynugs

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Lucic - Beecher - Lauko was one of the better 5v5 lines in the preseason. In my opinion, I don't think it would hinder his development if he starts in the NHL as a 4th liner. What he needs is minutes in the NHL so he can grow further into potentially a bigger role next season which could free up some more options for the Bruins next offseason. It's a shame that he will most likely be sent down due to not needing waivers, but hopefully he continues to play well in the AHL so he can get called back up this season.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Lucic - Beecher - Lauko was one of the better 5v5 lines in the preseason. In my opinion, I don't think it would hinder his development if he starts in the NHL as a 4th liner. What he needs is minutes in the NHL so he can grow further into potentially a bigger role next season which could free up some more options for the Bruins next offseason. It's a shame that he will most likely be sent down due to not needing waivers, but hopefully he continues to play well in the AHL so he can get called back up this season.
I think PB meant buried in Providence on the 4th line.

Reactions: PB37

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

I definitely liked that line in the preseason. I just don't want to see Beecher saddled with no talent down in the AHL with limited time on the 3rd/4th line because they think that's where he projects as in the NHL. He put the work, looked good in camp and in the games; if he has to be sent down, he deserves top 6 minutes in the AHL.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I definitely liked that line in the preseason. I just don't want to see Beecher saddled with no talent down in the AHL with limited time on the 3rd/4th line because they think that's where he projects as in the NHL. He put the work, looked good in camp and in the games; if he has to be sent down, he deserves top 6 minutes in the AHL.

Beecher = Top 6 minutes, Top PK, 2nd PP
Merkulov = Top 6 minutes, Top PP

How I’d like to see it in Providence.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Sounds like he came a long way in his first full season down there - he can certainly jump in again and learn how to impose his size and talents more now.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Great camp kid. Don’t let the BS around why you were sent down derail you like so many prospects before.
He hasn't been sent down as of today and even if he does it isn't as big a deal as posters are making it out to be. He'll be back in a few weeks.

Pasta was sent down after training camp and played 25 games in Providence.

Last edited by a moderator:

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
He hasn't been sent down as of today and even if he does it isn't as big a deal as posters are making it out to be. He'll be back in a few weeks.

Pasta was sent down after training camp and played 25 games in Providence. People need to stop acting like getting sent down is a death sentence.

Pasta was also 18 and that case of a Euro player being able to go the AHL over the usual 18 year old.

Beecher is 22 years old and has this season and next left on his ELC. 4 years older than the situation Pasta was in. Beecher also has a Providence season under his belt. Different points of their careers.

He earned a spot so hopefully he gets it. It would be nice to get some use out of these ELC deals.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
For once? Bruins have had many violent players. Lucic, siedenberg, mcquaid, chara, boychuck, Kevin miller, clifton, Neely and marchand to name a few off the top of my head.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad