Injury Report: Joffrey Lupul: Hes baaaaaaaaaack!

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
James Mirtle ‏@mirtle 2m
Carlyle says Lupul "feels fine now." Will know more tomorrow how serious it is but says he's 50-50 to practice Friday.

LUPUL IS FINE!

50-50 to practice Friday is a lot better than out indefinitely. So HOPEFULLY it really is not that bad, and he will be fine.

Toque*

But I thought having Orr and McLaren in the lineup would protect our star players!

What ? They have been and they do....

Its like saying Airplanes are safe, then someone points out 911.

***** happens I guess.

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
that doesnt sound to bad eh

@WharnsbyCBC: Carlyle said Lupul was feeling fine after the game and that he's 50-50 as to whether he will practice on Friday."
“@jonasTSN1050: Randy Carlyle says Lupul feels fine now. Said he's 50/50 to practice tomorrow. Will have to see how he responds.”

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
This is great news!

I was never a Leafs fan, I'm a Rangers fan. But the way this guy plays, if Rangers are out of playoffs, I will be rooting for Lupul and the Leafs! I wish Rangers had a player with his skill and heart!

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Bad karma for that hit on Hedman a few weeks' back. Hope he recovers soon - don't know how you can be 50/50 with a concussion, but even if it's mild, he shouldn't be rushed back. If he needs to sit Saturday, sit him - someone else has to step up.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Please come back soon...this team looks SO DIFFERENT without Lupul.

I don't care if he sits for a week..we just need this guy.

thunderhawk905*

I had a weird feeling something like this would happen seeing Rosehill traded to Philly. Doubt this hit gets any attention from the league...

Definitely a little relieved to hear about Lupuls prognosis after the game.

BayStBullies

Burn the Boats!
Apr 1, 2012
@BayStBullies
Bad karma for that hit on Hedman a few weeks' back. Hope he recovers soon - don't know how you can be 50/50 with a concussion, but even if it's mild, he shouldn't be rushed back. If he needs to sit Saturday, sit him - someone else has to step up.

Hedman hit was overblown. Hedman held up; or contact lands in the chest area. I don't think Lupul intended to hurt Hedman. There was also quite a bit of embellishment. Go back and watch the clip. Hedman appears fine; except for any time he makes eye contact with a ref; where he immediately clutches his head (twice). He was also back a few shifts later.

This was the same situation; Rosehill made contact with the head; after Lupul was pushed away from the expected travel path. Rosehill appeared to hold up. This case appeared to initially have intent (it was a sandwich; both players approached from each blindside); the player missed at least a game.

I can't see how this was not as bad; or worse. With that said; I don't think either deserved a suspension.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Hedman hit was overblown. Hedman held up; or contact lands in the chest area. I don't think Lupul intended to hurt Hedman. There was also quite a bit of embellishment. Go back and watch the clip. Hedman appears fine; except for any time he makes eye contact with a ref; where he immediately clutches his head (twice). He was also back a few shifts later.

This was the same situation; Rosehill made contact with the head; after Lupul was pushed away from the expected travel path. Rosehill appeared to hold up. This case appeared to initially have intent (it was a sandwich; both players approached from each blindside); the player missed at least a game.

I can't see how this was not as bad; or worse. With that said; I don't think either deserved a suspension.

Don't get me started on the Hedman hit again - that was definitely a head shot and he was rightfully suspended. Like I said, bad karma.

As for tonight's hit - I saw nothing wrong with it - he got hit by Hall and then bounced his head off Rosehill's shoulder like a pinball.

You can't compare the two incidents - one definitely was a head shot, and the other a freak accident.

waingr0

May 14, 2010
I thought it was a cheap hit from Hall. Both him and Lupul saw Rosehill coming in for the hit. Lupul didn't expect the second guy (Hall).

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
I'm sure he feels fine right now. It'll be the symptoms he has tomorrow morning when he wakes up that'll keep him out of the lineup.

Yep. Most athletes that suffer a concussion don't even know that they got one at first. The Leafs won't rush him back if they feel he's not 100%--playoffs or not.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I had a weird feeling something like this would happen seeing Rosehill traded to Philly. Doubt this hit gets any attention from the league...

Definitely a little relieved to hear about Lupuls prognosis after the game.

Me too. Seemed like an iceberg looming on the horizon...

LeafsNation92

Jun 24, 2007
This is why i keep telling people to not celebrate the playoffs yet. We havnt booked nothing yet and now we lost our leader until October. GOLF GOLF, hopefully the Phil the v****a steps ups and so does JVR who apparantly is so great.

Christ

Mar 10, 2004
Canada
This is great news!

I was never a Leafs fan, I'm a Rangers fan. But the way this guy plays, if Rangers are out of playoffs, I will be rooting for Lupul and the Leafs! I wish Rangers had a player with his skill and heart!

Lupul really does seem to be a special player doesn't he? Something about this guy, not just his skill makes him stand out for me. Lupul is the kind of player and person in general who you would like to see others modelled around. He really seems to cherish and enjoy the game which makes watching him much more fun. Wish we had more like Lupul on the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad