Injury Report: Joffrey Lupul: Hes baaaaaaaaaack!

Hero

Uncle Leo
Jul 2, 2009
heropuck.wordpress.com
I bet it's precautionary. He'll be back next game.

Did you see him try to go to the bench?

He's likely done for the season, maybe playoffs.

He was telling the trainers it was an issue with the left side of his brain. If you have enough damage/pain to identify the pain like that it's a very bad sign.

Leaf4Life

Feb 8, 2010
At this point I'd be happy if he's back for the playoffs let alone next game

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Didn't look like there was any contact to the head (could be wrong, but just observing from some of the replays)..Hoping it's not too bad, a whiplash can cause dizziness, blurred vision for a short period of time

EdBelfour20

Jan 19, 2004
everyone needs to relax until we hear an update. done for career ? we don't know if hes even done for the next game yet. let's wait and see and hope for the best.

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
I really hope this will be one time where his luck finally turns around!

If its a whiplash, and he returns quickly, I also hope he learns to just be like Kessel once or twice a game(avoid the hit!). Its not worth a concussion and being out for a season , especially when you are trying to make the playoffs! Make it to the playoffs ,then you can play for broke!

LEAFSIN4

Jan 14, 2013
i'm hoping it looked worse than it was, or if anything that he'll be back by playoffs.

Disgruntled Observer*

Injury prone player gets injured again.
No surprises here.
(If you prefer calling his injury proneness "bad luck", then go for it... amounts to the same thing).

I think we're going to have to just accept that Lupul will miss large parts of every season that he's under contract here. It's been that way for 7 straight seasons. I don't believe in "magic", and as such, don't expect Lupul to magically stop getting injured.

Hopefully he can play at the spectacular level that he did this season the rare times he dresses, so the contract won't be that bad.

Terrence

Aug 3, 2010
Hoping for the best; Expecting the worst. That said, if it's as bad as it looked, shut him down for the rest of the season. No need to risk anything this year.

Brozak

i scoreded a goal
May 30, 2009
Kitchener, ON
I don't even know what to say at this point. Everything Lupul does turns to magic, he's been nothing short of spectacular and this plug takes him out. Makes me sick.

Realllly hope he's back in the next few games, but I doubt it. Shaky legs like that means a head injury, he's concussed for sure. Out indefinitely.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Injury prone player gets injured again.
No surprises here.
(If you prefer calling his injury proneness "bad luck", then go for it... amounts to the same thing).

I think we're going to have to just accept that Lupul will miss large parts of every season that he's under contract here. It's been that way for 7 straight seasons. I don't believe in "magic", and as such, don't expect Lupul to magically stop getting injured.

Hopefully he can play at the spectacular level that he did this season the rare times he dresses, so the contract won't be that bad.

I didn't realize 1 and 3 games missed were "large parts".

Joo keep using dat wurd "facts". I do not teenk eet means wat'choo teenk eet means.

inigo_montoya.gif

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad