Joel Quenneville...

Status
Not open for further replies.

zac

Apr 29, 2009
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH!!!!

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

A guy that should have retired, and a 4th line wing, are better centers than Richards and Vermette??????

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

:help::help::help::help::help::help:

You forgot that Kruger 15 is >> Kruger 13.

Our defensive corps and team defense were >>>>>>>>> than it is now. The defense has been a ****ing catastrophe all series. If only BHWC would focus more on that. Center is the LEAST of our problems.

teddy83

Nov 2, 2013
So another OT game so i am assuming Vermette and TT is eating popcorn in the next game because need of "fresh legs"??

BobbleHeadNight*

I agree that this is likely the case. I find that quite sad.

He's gotten this current roster farther than we could have hoped. If he steals a cup with Cumiskey and Timonen on D, he should immediately go to the HOF.

BobbleHeadNight*

I am glad Edzo called out Freshlegs in the pregame for his boneheaded roster moves

He did, rightly so. He also didn't go off the deep end and call for his firing, say he "sucks", is "the worst coach in the league", only "holds the door open", or other such clap trap.

Because a) he knows hockey, and b) wasn't hiding behind an anonymous user name on an internet message board.

DPHawk

Oct 31, 2013
He's gotten this current roster farther than we could have hoped. If he steals a cup with Cumiskey and Timonen on D, he should immediately go to the HOF.

What??? The Hawks beat a Nashville team missing Shea Webber and a WC team that they had already beaten 2 years in a row. The Hawks clearly had a better roster than both teams they beat and the WCF is hardly farther than we could have hoped.

BobbleHeadNight*

What??? The Hawks beat a Nashville team missing Shea Webber and a WC team that they had already beaten 2 years in a row. The Hawks clearly had a better roster than both teams they beat and the WCF is hardly farther than we could have hoped.

Hawks entered the playoffs in a slump, Kane was supposed to be rusty, people were already worried about Roszival, and Minnesota was the hottest team in the league. After Minn thumped STL and we "got lucky" against Nash, as they all said, the sweep was the furthest thing from peoples' minds.

DPHawk

Oct 31, 2013
Hawks entered the playoffs in a slump, Kane was supposed to be rusty, people were already worried about Roszival, and Minnesota was the hottest team in the league. After Minn thumped STL and we "got lucky" against Nash, as they all said, the sweep was the furthest thing from peoples' minds.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/12776665/nhl-2015-stanley-cup-playoffs-second-round-predictions

8 out of 13 ESPN hockey writers picked the Hawks to win the Western conference. 12 of 13 picked them to beat Nashville.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
He did, rightly so. He also didn't go off the deep end and call for his firing, say he "sucks", is "the worst coach in the league", only "holds the door open", or other such clap trap.

Because a) he knows hockey, and b) wasn't hiding behind an anonymous user name on an internet message board.

Do you want a pic of me? I dont think I am hiding behind my screen, I would say the same thing face to face to anyone. Its not anonymous since you use the same user name every time and people tend to start to get to know you and your views and make a judgment of character, whether you know my real name or my nick name does not really matter. For instance, I think you dont have a very good understanding of the game of hockey(no disrespect) but I dont think you should be banned from the forums or dislike you as you are entitled to your opinion.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
I'm thrilled we won the game, but I'm left speechless by yet another defensive collapse. Fifth time this playoffs ops have scores 3 goals in the blink of an eye. Complete team meltdown. Shows lack of focus, lack of effort, and last night it showed lack of a killer instinct. Fifth time this playoffs. Reflects on the coach as much as the players.

Thucydides

Dec 24, 2009
I agree. The Blackhawks are stacked. its a great time to be a fan if we are complaining about the talent on this current roster.

Coach Q knows what's going on. Any team would be happy to have him.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
I was baffled by the game 3 lineup but he did not remain stubborn and went back to the proper setup.

He also made the 4th line his 2nd line by minutes played which not every coach would do. He's handled the mathups well and they also made a concerted effort to get Toews line vs Stoner/Vatanen.

Some of you seem to miss the good things he does.

Awesome series. Duncan Keith is just awesome.... I say it every series...hell, every game.

Central PA Hawk Fan

Apr 16, 2007
York, PA
I'm one of Q's biggest defenders but he definitely outsmarted himself with the game 3 roster. I get the idea and what he was hoping for, but that was not a good decision. Oh well, he adjusted and we're moving forward.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
I was baffled by the game 3 lineup but he did not remain stubborn and went back to the proper setup.

He also made the 4th line his 2nd line by minutes played which not every coach would do. He's handled the mathups well and they also made a concerted effort to get Toews line vs Stoner/Vatanen.

Some of you seem to miss the good things he does.

Awesome series. Duncan Keith is just awesome.... I say it every series...hell, every game.

You mean like lining 19 against Kesler? Or maybe dumping Cumiskey in the minors all year? Or playing Zeus to death last year or moving Sharp off C in 2011, or putting out dud players after a goal is scored, or...

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
You mean like lining 19 against Kesler? Or maybe dumping Cumiskey in the minors all year? Or playing Zeus to death last year or moving Sharp off C in 2011, or putting out dud players after a goal is scored, or...

Just imagine if you really had something to complain about - I am a Leaf fan.

needle

Apr 30, 2012
Why are some of you really mad? Q made a mistake. He's human.

He deserves our trust. 2 Stanley Cup wins this decade. 5 Conference Finals appearances in 7 years. Enjoy the experience.

The 2010s Blackhawks are the natural progression from the 1990s Bulls. Enjoy another dynasty run.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL

Seriously????? This roster is better than every roster in the NHL. The only weakness is the bottom D pairing...

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Why are some of you really mad? Q made a mistake. He's human.

He deserves our trust. 2 Stanley Cup wins this decade. 5 Conference Finals appearances in 7 years. Enjoy the experience.

The 2010s Blackhawks are the natural progression from the 1990s Bulls. Enjoy another dynasty run.

That 2 could be a 3 if he doesn't butcher the Kings series last year.

It could also be a 1, he tried to blow the Detroit series.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
That 2 could be a 3 if he doesn't butcher the Kings series last year.

It could also be a 1, he tried to blow the Detroit series.

I don't really count the Detroit series among Q's screw-ups for two reasons.

1) He was going up against arguably the best coach in the league. The other guy had something to do with that series.

2) He didn't actually CREATE the issues that caused the Blackhawks problems. Their problems were Howard playing out his mind, Zetterberg draping himself all over Toews and the refs never calling it, and the defense generally not playing well.

He did FIX the issue, by double-shifting Toews to get him away from Zetterberg, and reuniting Keith and Seabrook on the back-end, which pretty much single-handedly neutralized any attempt by the Wings best lines to get a forecheck and cycle going. Howard came back down to Earth, Toews got his head right, and talent won the day.

The Boston series on the other hand, WOW.

First, he breaks up the Bickell-Toews-Kane line that won them the Kings series. Then, when Hossa goes down with injury in game 3, he puts Frolik and Kruger on the top line with him.

I mean wow.

Then, he finally undoes all the stupid decisions he made, reunites Bickell-Toews-Kane, and is hailed as a genius by sycophants, simply for managing to un**** the situation he created before he lost the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad