Joel Quenneville...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thucydides

Dec 24, 2009
If we lose its our D depth. Never thought I would say that as a hawks fan when our D has always been our strength.
I worry every time Timmo steps onto the ice. Anaheim constantly making him look out of position and just beer league at times. He's not strong enough to match up with anaheims size, and not skilled enough to make it so their size doesn't matter.

Johns next year is going to be awesome.

mikee*

Anybody think Hammer looks tired?

Last night he did. Uncharacteristic turnovers in the defensive zone and he was the only D man that didn't jump into the play offensively once they got down. Just didn't seem like he had any legs in game 5.

here come the

Mar 25, 2013
Anybody think Hammer looks tired?

I love Hammer and he's a warrior, but these last two games he's been miserable. Physically and mentally he's reacting slowly, no crisp passes, pizza central, no interchange with the forwards on the cycle. Unfortunately, not everyone is Keith.

here come the

Mar 25, 2013
Maybe the fatigue, especially in the back end, is more of a factor than many projected?

For Hammer I think so. But Keith is Keith, haven't noticed much difference in Seabs, and Oduya has actually had a very strong series, I don't think it's been a deciding factor, most of the goals are still coming from Kimmo, Cumiskey, or the forwards. Up front I haven't noticed any issues with fatigue.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
This team needs to get back to basics and play good D hockey, stop running and gunning, play real solid team D with very little space on the ice and capitalize on other team's mistakes. Just like they have been doing all season and in the previous 2 series, why are they not playing their game I have no idea.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
So, I'd like to hear from the Qumbaya Choir, what exactly did the Grating One do to put the team in a position to win last game?

Remembering of course that they came out flat AGAIN, gave up bang bang goals AGAIN...and then went with Bickell and Kane to start OT.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
If this team needs a coach to wake them up for Game 5 with the series tied 2-2, we are in big trouble with this core.

But let's leave out their big turn around in the 2nd period, comeback late in the 3rd and just say that was all the players just like them coming out flat was all on the coach.

And I fail to see why it matters who starts OT.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
How many times has this team come out flat? Tons.

How many bench penalties have they taken? Tons

Maybe it's the culture created by, oh I don't know, the head coach.

And your team would lose just like last night if you liked that line out to start OT. I would prefer a different outcome and actually go for the W.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
How many times has this team come out flat? Tons.

How many bench penalties have they taken? Tons

Maybe it's the culture created by, oh I don't know, the head coach.

And your team would lose just like last night if you liked that line out to start OT. I would prefer a different outcome and actually go for the W.
Tons? No more than any other team. How many times have they come out flying? Tons.

I was unaware that the coach tells players to slowly come back to the bench on line changes and to touch the puck as soon as you get out on the ice even if your fellow player isn't off the ice yet.

And again, it doesn't matter who starts OT, someone has to go out. No one was expecting the OT to be over in 45seconds. And I am sure that line has started a period every so often with it resulting in a GA about 0.0001% of the time.

You're reaching, so I'm done.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
To add if you you want to play this game.

This team is known for winning and winning and winning and never giving up, and being clutch, and being one of the best in the league over the last 7 years.

Maybe it's because of the coach? Can't be the players, who, you know, actually play the game on the ice.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
And again, it doesn't matter who starts OT, someone has to go out. No one was expecting the OT to be over in 45seconds. And I am sure that line has started a period every so often with it resulting in a GA about 0.0001% of the time.

You're reaching, so I'm done

Hmmmm .... who is reaching?

.... and btw, history says that many OT's are over in the first few minutes.

This was just another fundamental coaching rule ignored by our HOF coach.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Hmmmm .... who is reaching?

.... and btw, history says that many OT's are over in the first few minutes.

This was just another fundamental coaching rule ignored by our HOF coach.
History? In what 1950? How many OT's this year were decided in the first min? I'll hang up and wait.

Ace Rothstein

Aces High
Mar 13, 2012
Q isn't responsible for the game 5 loss. He is still a dope for his game 3 lineup decisions. They didn't make sense at the time and make even less sense in hindsight.

STC

Oct 29, 2012
Q isn't responsible for the game 5 loss. He is still a dope for his game 3 lineup decisions. They didn't make sense at the time and make even less sense in hindsight.

Continuing to throw Bickell out there with Kane despite his negative value seems to be on Q's shoulders as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad