Joel Quenneville...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Continuing to throw Bickell out there with Kane despite his negative value seems to be on Q's shoulders as well.

Where else is he supposed to go?

1st line was dominant last game, and have always played together.
3rd line was amazing last night
4th line shouldn't be touched and goes up against Getzlaf

cherrypik

Jun 2, 2010
Mundelein, IL
Continuing to throw Bickell out there with Kane despite his negative value seems to be on Q's shoulders as well.

I completely agree with this statement. That line was a liability on defense from the start. I went to game 3 and 4 and they both(Kane and BB) floated around and did not back check. Kane especially *****ed and was lazy to get back into any play he got hit on Thursday.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
So, I'd like to hear from the Qumbaya Choir, what exactly did the Grating One do to put the team in a position to win last game?

Remembering of course that they came out flat AGAIN, gave up bang bang goals AGAIN...and then went with Bickell and Kane to start OT.

If people are going to blame game 5 on anybody besides the skaters, they're never going to be content with a coach that isn't a family member. ANA scored FIVE 5 on 5 goals and Crawford wasn't bad. Hawks scored 2 5 on 5 and both were very preventable. Hawks were smoked last night.

I don't think Davis Payne could have coached his way to 16 minutes of shotless hockey to start a game.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Q has killed Kane in this series with Bickell, the same way he killed him in the LA series, and most of the playoffs last season, with Handzus...

STC

Oct 29, 2012

Its pretty simple, put him on the 4th line or put him in the luxury box alongside Handzus and the Bowmans.

Continuing to play him in the top 6 when he has negative value is akin to someone who keeps sticking his hand on a stove top and then wondering why he keeps getting burned.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
Its pretty simple, put him on the 4th line or put him in the luxury box alongside Handzus and the Bowmans.

Continuing to play him in the top 6 when he has negative value is akin to someone who keeps sticking his hand on a stove top and then wondering why he keeps getting burned.

Is Handzus in town?

Don't tell Q.

Hmmm, then again he could be an upgrade over Timmonen.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
I was unaware that the coach tells players to slowly come back to the bench on line changes and to touch the puck as soon as you get out on the ice even if your fellow player isn't off the ice yet.

Maybe a lack of overall focus and paying attention to detail. Maybe?

It comes from somewhere and I know the players have played in many orgs. and systems so I don't think happened coincidentally at all those different places.

One commonality and he's Qonfused

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Guys are being sent over the boards before their guy reaches the bench... Last night they sent Keith over with Seabrook still at the Hawks' BLUE LINE. How is that not on the coaches?

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Qs getting burned for not developing the d prospects during the regular season.

Chickens come home to roost. :laugh:

Nothingman*

Qs getting burned for not developing the d prospects during the regular season.

Chickens come home to roost. :laugh:

That is true. He doesn't let them make mistakes without feeling his wrath while Oduya and Rozy did it at will and Q was A OK with it.

There was probably no need to trade the picks we did for the stump TK if he would have played a couple of the prospects.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I'm not sure how Dahlbeck or Clendening would be worse than Rundblad or Timonen. Two guys that Q gave pretty much zero chance to break this roster.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Dahlbeck would be upgrade but Clendening was awful and so bad the Nucks sent him back to AHL after trade

And there was a rookie defender Q seemed to be thrilled with. We all know what happened to his promising season. So this Q not giving kid a chance argument doesn't hold up when you look at how highly he valued TVR

Lets also not forget though Stanley did force a young defender on Q who was an abomination at hockey

Plenty of blame on Stan for his Rundblad obsession taking valuable roster spot away from a kid

So to start the year Q had 2 young defenders on roster ,, One he loved (TVR) and one he was forced to deal with (Rundblad)

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Q has killed Kane in this series with Bickell, the same way he killed him in the LA series, and most of the playoffs last season, with Handzus...

Kane is killing Kane this series.

He is playing like genuine ****, independent of his line-mates.

It is amazing the lengths to which people will go to shift blame for Kane's slumps and lulls to his linemates. He's an elite player. Elite players make those around them better, they don't require others to prop them up.

zac

Apr 29, 2009

Are you ****ing kidding me? You'd rather have Bickell play significant minutes than get buried on the 4th line? You play him sparing minutes, double shifting some players and moving them around for a few shifts. It's no big deal.

He has no business playing but since Q is dumb enough to keep playing him he needs to be sheltered.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Are you ****ing kidding me? You'd rather have Bickell play significant minutes than get buried on the 4th line? You play him sparing minutes, double shifting some players and moving them around for a few shifts. It's no big deal.

He has no business playing but since Q is dumb enough to keep playing him he needs to be sheltered.

So you want to put him on the least sheltered line the Blackhawks ice? They see almost all their starts in the defending zone.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago

The fourth line plays too important of a role to have Bickell on it. They're relied on to be responsible defensively, take a ton of d zone draws, and often times go up against Getzlaf/Perry. There's no reason whatsoever to break up Desi Kruger Shaw when they have been playing well together almost every game.

They can still shelter Bickell and give him limited minutes while playing him on another line.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Q has been horribly out couched in this series by BB, he continues to play a waste of a roster spot with 29 and he makes that compounded by handicapping 88 with 29....why oh why Q has not put 19-88 together is just mind boggling to me.....

also Q has not only stifled D's growth in the regular season by not letting you guys make mistakes that too can be said for forwards as well...This is one of the reasons (handszus and 7-27 together were the others) we lost the kings last year, Sutter mentored the likes of pearson/toffoli/martinez during the regular season and when the playoffs came they had learned from there mistakes...

this is why I hope Q gets fired, gets a cushy front office job or quits cause going forward the likes of Panarin, Pokka, Johns, Danault, Macniel, Ross, Hartman, Pailotta, Baun, Darling etc. are going to have to play and they will make mistakes...

The Toews Era*

Nov 29, 2014
Bickell cannot play on the fourth line against getzlaf. His fumbling the puck and inability to go zone to zone would be exposed badly. Q should have started overtime with kane toews and saad. We should be able to go a few games with 11 forwards considering we went 2 plus series with 9 forwards last year.

cherrypik

Jun 2, 2010
Mundelein, IL
Kane is killing Kane this series.

He is playing like genuine ****, independent of his line-mates.

It is amazing the lengths to which people will go to shift blame for Kane's slumps and lulls to his linemates. He's an elite player. Elite players make those around them better, they don't require others to prop them up.

Absolutely!!! It was really disappointing watching his lazy effort to back check and look for a call every time someone tries to knock him off the puck. I also noticed a few times yesterday instead of turn on the afterburners he just ate the puck on the side boards or dumped it deep.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Absolutely!!! It was really disappointing watching his lazy effort to back check and look for a call every time someone tries to knock him off the puck. I also noticed a few times yesterday instead of turn on the afterburners he just ate the puck on the side boards or dumped it deep.

Oh god yes, the bambi eyes at the refs every time a Ducks player dare approaches him is getting tiresome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad