Speculation: Joel Bouchard coming to the Habs org? 98.5fm

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
That should be the goal, for me. And the plan should be that Julien trains Ducharme to be the next head coach while Julien moves to another position in the organization. An adviser or something. And Bouchard is groomed to be the next GM and MB is also moved to another role within the organization. Whether this happens is another story. But it should be the plan they might have.

Succession planning... this is how it should be done. I mean, you'd think it would be obvious. Groom talent internally so that they know the organization, the staff, the resources (players) and it'll be a seemless transition.

Plus, we can get away from the recycling of coaches...

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
Succession planning... this is how it should be done. I mean, you'd think it would be obvious. Groom talent internally so that they know the organization, the staff, the resources (players) and it'll be a seemless transition.

Not until after Vigneault 2.0

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
How can one be worse at explaining things on the offensive and defensive side of things then Bergevin? Bergevin is a horrible speaker period and I don’t mean that to be sarcastic. I never hear him answer a single question without trying to drive off in another direction to protect himself and if he does try, he sounds like a moron.

Well that's when you people have lost their minds.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque

Spot on, but, I think that's the president's job to do so, not the GM, and that's where things got mixed up the last 6 years, Molson did seem to have absolute faith in Bergevin, to the point of letting him do anything he wanted, and why would someone who can do everything want internal competition ?

Molson, while many here consider him a dimwit, I think he learned over the last 3 seasons, first Serge Savard himself turned on Bergevin, then the evidence that the Habs are nothing without Price, then the Therrien debacle, the hugely unpopular Subban trade, the failings of last summer and the consequent downfall of the team, even with Price in nets, the outcry from the fans, and even the bootlicking medias are now bashing the organization, Bergevin looking like a fool in front of them now that Beauchamp is gone...

Call me crazy, but I think he learned something about being a president, that all of this is on him, not on Bergevin. And I'm pretty sure he doesn't like it one bit, and most of the later changes are coming from him. Some pressure from his shareholders is also a definite possibility in that case...

I have no evidence of what I'll imply, those are just gut feelings, but Bergevin's regime is nearing the end, and he'll be a front from now on. (he already is)

Reactions: sandviper

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
So, the announcement for Bouchard, will be right after the Q playoffs? Is it a done deal, or just specualation on the media and fans part?

Nothing confirmed yet. And for as long as he's occupied with the Junior team, they won't announce anything. Even if Armada head to the Memorial Cup, they won't announce anything. But the consensus amongst many media and insiders is that he's headed to Habs. Also, Bergevin himself admitted on Saturday (before the lottery) that they have interest in Bouchard. So right now, all signs point to Bouchard joining Habs after his Junior year is done.

Reactions: BLONG7

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Nothing confirmed yet. And for as long as he's occupied with the Junior team, they won't announce anything. Even if Armada head to the Memorial Cup, they won't announce anything. But the consensus amongst many media and insiders is that he's headed to Habs. Also, Bergevin himself admitted on Saturday (before the lottery) that they have interest in Bouchard. So right now, all signs point to Bouchard joining Habs after his Junior year is done.
This is great news for sure...let's hope Molson continues to turn up the heat, on MB and these new additions help the Habs move forward, instead of deeper in da foxhole.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
So, the announcement for Bouchard, will be right after the Q playoffs? Is it a done deal, or just specualation on the media and fans part?

No one knows for sure but several hints have been dropped. It remains a rumor.

Plus, no one knows what role or roles he'd fill. This is also offset by how valued Martin Lapointe is in the Habs org. and apparently, he might end up with a significant position too.

Reactions: groovejuice

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Okay, I just read that Martin McGuire apparently said that the Habs are interested in buying the Armada. I don't know how that would work in the sense that if another team wants to draft a player or sign an undrafted FA out of Armada, it wouldn't be easy if they're the property of the Habs by default.

However, it's intriguing, even if it's not true.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Okay, I just read that Martin McGuire apparently said that the Habs are interested in buying the Armada. I don't know how that would work in the sense that if another team wants to draft a player or sign an undrafted FA out of Armada, it wouldn't be easy if they're the property of the Habs by default.

If true, there would seem to be a conflict to hire Bobby Smith as President, since he owns the Mooseheads. There was always next to no chance of that happening, but I'm disappointed nonetheless.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

I was just going to post that. It would make sense since Bouchard's attachment to the Armada also stems from his financial interest in it:

hockey30-2018-05-02-a-22.34.45.png

This is coming from Habs play-by-play radio guy, Martin McGuire. McGuire hasn't exactly broken anything with past rumors, in fact I don't recall anything he said ever panning out. Makes for an interesting possibility however and if true, would make much easier for Bouchard to take up a Habs position.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The running joke is how by acquiring the Armada, the Habs would be ruining a 3rd club, after having destroyed their NHL team and the Rocket.

You had to figure that was coming.

If the Armada were bought by the Habs, they'd become another Place Bell revenue stream, being already located within the same geographic area they are now playing in. Makes total sense.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
The running joke is how by acquiring the Armada, the Habs would be ruining a 3rd club, after having destroyed their NHL team and the Rocket.

You had to figure that was coming.

If the Armada were bought by the Habs, they'd become another Place Bell revenue stream, being already located within the same geographic area they are now playing in. Makes total sense.

Quebecor owns 70% of Armada...team was bought for 4 million in 2011... guess if they wanted to sell the offer must be pretty good...or for more $ than Briere Lapierre Giguere etc want to come up with to take over the 70%....

LOL..i thought maybe they(Habs) buy out Hamiltion and move them ...there trying for a brand new rink like Laval got 10,000 seater .. this one may only cost the Hamiltion tax payers $50-60 million,if they build it ,,

CLICK HERE>Years to move on new Hamilton arena too long: Bulldogs owner

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Quebecor owns 70% of Armada...team was bought for 4 million in 2011... guess if they wanted to sell the offer must be pretty good...or for more $ than Briere Lapierre Giguere etc want to come up with to take over the 70%....

LOL..i thought maybe they(Habs) buy out Hamiltion and move them ...there trying for a brand new rink like Laval got 10,000 seater .. this one may only cost the Hamiltion tax payers $50-60 million,if they build it ,,

CLICK HERE>Years to move on new Hamilton arena too long: Bulldogs owner

If Quebecor owns a majority interest in the Armada, the likelihood of a deal took a bath. I knew I couldn't trust Martin McGuire, he's never thorough about anything. He's the type of guy who comes up with rumors based on which scouts walk by his broadcast area at the BC and has admitted as much. He's a gros parleur.

Now, if Bouchard leaves the Armada or Quebecor anticipates taking a huge hit on account of Bouchard departing, could it change their approach and provoke a sale? That's another story altogether. I doubt Bouchard's successor with the Armada would have his charisma and level of expertise. And whoever Bouchard's successor might be, wouldn't have the same financial stake in the team that Bouchard has.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada

The oilers own the oil kings.

Any team can draft or sign yhe players. The oil kings have chl contracts with their players... this has no effect whatsoever on nhl rights.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
The Habs with their subliminal messages. After Ducharme was hired, CJ said he will also add a D coach, with one criteria being they played in the NHL. The next day, the Club 1909 tweeted the code of the day, and it was Desjardins.

Today, after the rumors of Joel Bouchard joining the Habs organization after the Armada's season, guess what the code word is today:

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
The Habs with their subliminal messages. After Ducharme was hired, CJ said he will also add a D coach, with one criteria being they played in the NHL. The next day, the Club 1909 tweeted the code of the day, and it was Desjardins.

Today, after the rumors of Joel Bouchard joining the Habs organization after the Armada's season, guess what the code word is today:

Desjardins is a sponsor of the Habs...the Club Desjardins seats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad