Speculation: Joel Bouchard coming to the Habs org? 98.5fm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
No. I have not looked into it at all. And all I hear on this message board is french names being tossed around. It doesn't take a math major to know what I said is true though.

So you didn't "look into it" yet you seem to believe you're fit to judge these hirings.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
So you didn't "look into it" yet you seem to believe you're fit to judge these hirings.
Dude relax, we disagree. I really hope it works out. We have been hiring french for years and after every hire you guys assure me they were the best. I just don't believe it anymore, but I still hope you guys are right.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Dude relax, we disagree. I really hope it works out. We have been hiring french for years and after every hire you guys assure me they were the best. I just don't believe it anymore, but I still hope you guys are right.

I don't mind if you disagree with these hirings. I just think you're disagreeing for the wrong reasons.

As for hearing repeatedly Habs hired the best French guy, I think it's actually the opposite.

Therrien wasn't unanimous. Lefebvre wasn't unanimous. Daigneault wasn't unanimous. Neither was Lacroix.
Even Julien isn't unanimous.

Whether Ducharme and Bouchard have what it takes to cut it isn't a guarantee. What we do know is that they are two of the best hockey people coming up. And Habs need new blood. Might as well get two of the best.

And for what it's worth, with Dubas now named GM in Toronto and Lamoriello possibly heading to Islanders, I would like for Habs to take a shot at bringing in Mark Hunter. I'd also like them to try bringing Ron Francis in, as well.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Blainville-Boisbriand lost tonight. They're down 3-2 in the series. If they lose on Sunday, Bouchard's hiring could be made official sooner. However, I wish they win and push Game 7, they win and head to the Memorial Cup. It would be the perfect end to a career in Major Junior. Gold medal at the World Junior Championship and a Memorial Cup.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
eh man, you have 30 other anglo teams to cheer for. Why bother keep cheering for that team full of frenchies ?
There are 30 teams that don't waste time defining themselves as "Anglo" or "Franco". They can access anyone in the hockey world.

The Habs aren't a team of 'frenchies' because that kind of representation is no longer possible with so much more talent coming from outside Quebec and Canada. Whatever your opinion, that same evolution will soon affect Montreal's coaching and management hirings, as more and more American and European staff will make it impossible to only hire within the province.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->