Speculation: Joel Bouchard coming to the Habs org? 98.5fm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Tonight is Game 7 between Armada and Islanders in the semi-final series of the Q playoffs. If Armada loses, if Habs do indeed hire Bouchard, it would most probably be done in the next week or so.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
If someone can do it, it's Joel. lol The guy is tireless.

I agree. I would have faith in Bouchard occupying multiple positions in the organization. He'll probably be able to knock Patrick Friolet out and do the in-between the benches broadcast for Laval.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I agree. I would have faith in Bouchard occupying multiple positions in the organization. He'll probably be able to knock Patrick Friolet out and do the in-between the benches broadcast for Laval.

Funny thing is, I REALLY miss Joel between the benches at the Bell Center during Habs games! He was awesome. Most of the guys that do this job are just like other commentators but when Joel was there, he kept saying what was happening at ice level, the feel of the game, what the players were saying to each other. He was really bringing something new to his job.

Not too long ago I was thinking of my dream broadcast team and he was in there but I also wanted him for hockey role and was not sure where I wanted him more for. lol

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Funny thing is, I REALLY miss Joel between the benches at the Bell Center during Habs games! He was awesome. Most of the guys that do this job are just like other commentators but when Joel was there, he kept saying what was happening at ice level, the feel of the game, what the players were saying to each other. He was really bringing something new to his job.

Not too long ago I was thinking of my dream broadcast team and he was in there but I also wanted him for hockey role and was not sure where I wanted him more for. lol

I always like Joel Bouchard in that role. But I also really like Marc Denis.

Reactions: Habsddicted and 417

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I always like Joel Bouchard in that role. But I also really like Marc Denis.

I like Mark, he's a great color but what I mean was Denis could be working side by side with Houde and it wouldn't make a difference. Most of the time you don't even notice that he's at ice level. Contrary to other between the benches guys, Joel was really talking to us about what was happening at ice level. And he was like a kid in a candy store, he was having a ball and it made you appreciated the game more. I have never seen anybody do this in that style ever since.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I like Mark, he's a great color but what I mean was Denis could be working side by side with Houde and it wouldn't make a difference. Most of the time you don't even notice that he's at ice level. Contrary to other between the benches guys, Joel was really talking to us about what was happening at ice level. And he was like a kid in a candy store, he was having a ball and it made you appreciated the game more. I have never seen anybody do this in that style ever since.

That's the teacher and great communicator in him. Which is why he'd be perfect to be in the organization, mainly to handle the prospects.

Reactions: David Suzuki

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Anyone worth watching for the draft?

I don't know much about any of them that would be worth watching for the draft. They could also be looking at undrafted players to sign for AHL?

There is Joel Teasdale on Armada that is eligible for this year's draft. But he would be a late round pick. He just turned 19 in March. He's a LW (6', 201 lbs) 65 pts in 65 games this past season.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
I don't know much about any of them that would be worth watching for the draft. They could also be looking at undrafted players to sign for AHL?

There is Joel Teasdale on Armada that is eligible for this year's draft. But he would be a late round pick. He just turned 19 in March. He's a LW (6', 201 lbs) 65 pts in 65 games this past season.

They must be looking for undrafted players in that case....or just watching Bouchard maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->