Status
Not open for further replies.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
No link, eh?

Then how do you explain JJ Daigneault?
How do you explain Wayne Gretzky?

Best player in history, most points ever...

.473 winning % as a coach

No I don't think there's a link at all, it's one thing to play the game...it's a whole other to teach it to a group of people.

Ironically, Desjardins, if he were just coming up today, would be a better defenseman in the modern era than he was in the era he played. Hardly any defensemen really hit consistently anymore; guys who are bangers are now the exception rather than the rule. The way the game is played today is tailor-made for a pantywaist like Desjardins.
I never quite got the love Desjardins used to get when he was traded to Philly, but he's a good dman...better than the other Cottonelle soft Dman we chose to keep instead (Patrice Brisebois)

Reactions: Laurentide

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
How do you explain Wayne Gretzky?

Best player in history, most points ever...

.473 winning % as a coach

No I don't think there's a link at all, it's one thing to play the game...it's a whole other to teach it to a group of people.

I never quite got the love Desjardins used to get when he was traded to Philly, but he's a good dman...better than the other Cottonelle soft Dman we chose to keep instead (Patrice Brisebois)

I always referred to Brisebois as a poor man's Desjardins. Just as soft but without the offensive prowess.

Of course, I also referred to Desjardins as a rich man's Brisebois. I never thought that Desjardins produced enough offense to justify his fragility in other aspects of the game. His totals were padded by a lot of second assists.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I always referred to Brisebois as a poor man's Desjardins. Just as soft but without the offensive prowess.

Of course, I also referred to Desjardins as a rich man's Brisebois. I never thought that Desjardins produced enough offense to justify his fragility in other aspects of the game. His totals were padded by a lot of second assists.
Of all the player who have played for the Montreal Canadiens since I started watching them int he mid-80's...

Patrice Brisebois was the only one I literally despised...couldn't stand that guy.

Even his comeback tour as #71 made me sick to my stomach.

HabsEstrie

Sep 30, 2017
Of all the player who have played for the Montreal Canadiens since I started watching them int he mid-80's...

Patrice Brisebois was the only one I literally despised...couldn't stand that guy.

And Thomas " Girly " Plekanecs ;)

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta

My hatred grew exponentially when, after finally getting rid of him, the Habs re-acquired him. WTF! And you always had the sneaking suspicion (as one must when it comes to Habs management over the past 25 years) that if his last name were "Brokewood" instead of "Brisebois", he'd have been traded away and forgotten about years before he was. Maybe never even drafted.

Brisebois, Desharnais and Plekanec are three players who I wanted gone so badly that I didn't even require any assets coming back in return. Pure addition by subtraction. I just needed them to not be here anymore because if they remained, whichever idiot coach we had wouldn't be able to stop himself from using them in every situation.

HabsEstrie

Sep 30, 2017
My hatred grew exponentially when, after finally getting rid of him, the Habs re-acquired him. WTF! And you always had the sneaking suspicion (as one must when it comes to Habs management over the past 25 years) that if his last name were "Brokewood" instead of "Brisebois", he'd have been traded away and forgotten about years before he was. Maybe never even drafted.

Brisebois, Desharnais and Plekanec are three players who I wanted gone so badly that I didn't even require any assets coming back in return. Pure addition by subtraction. I just needed them to not be here anymore because if they remained, whichever idiot coach we had wouldn't be able to stop himself from using them in every situation.

The please explain to me why the f*** these Habs fans here keep saying that Montreal is bringing him back next year ? Only in Montreal lol

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
The please explain to me why the **** these Habs fans here keep saying that Montreal is bringing him back next year ? Only in Montreal lol
Well I think that as a statement of likely fact it's valid. I am quite sure that after Bergevin inevitably strikes out on Tavares he's going to sign Plekanec, probably for too much money and term, and Julien is going to over-use him like always.

But as a statement of an actual desire to see this clown come back to the Habs, I agree. It's stupid beyond words. I couldn't care less if Plekanec plays his 1000th game in a Habs uniform or even if he plays 1000 NHL games. His career is already about 500 games too long for my liking and he's not going to the Hall of Fame so I don't get the nostalgia. This team didn't win jack squat with this guy. There's literally nothing to commemorate. I try to think back to any single thing that he did in his entire career that would be worth remembering and I draw a complete blank. Literally my only lasting memory of Plekanec is when he got destroyed by the Flyers in the playoffs and admitted that he had played like a little girl. Other than that, I've got nothing.

Reactions: dralaf

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Well I think that as a statement of likely fact it's valid. I am quite sure that after Bergevin inevitably strikes out on Tavares he's going to sign Plekanec, probably for too much money and term, and Julien is going to over-use him like always.

But as a statement of an actual desire to see this clown come back to the Habs, I agree. It's stupid beyond words. I couldn't care less if Plekanec plays his 1000th game in a Habs uniform or even if he plays 1000 NHL games. His career is already about 500 games too long for my liking and he's not going to the Hall of Fame so I don't get the nostalgia. This team didn't win jack squat with this guy. There's literally nothing to commemorate. I try to think back to any single thing that he did in his entire career that would be worth remembering and I draw a complete blank. Literally my only lasting memory of Plekanec is when he got destroyed by the Flyers in the playoffs and admitted that he had played like a little girl. Other than that, I've got nothing.
I think even if the Habs are fortunate enough to win the Tavares sweepstakes...they're still going to re-sign Plekanec, i'm convinced of it.

Then we'll watch as John Tavares plays 14 mins a night and Plekanec gets his 16+ mins, because well you know...

Gotta play Plekanec against top lines!

HabsEstrie

Sep 30, 2017
I think even if the Habs are fortunate enough to win the Tavares sweepstakes...they're still going to re-sign Plekanec, i'm convinced of it.

Then we'll watch as John Tavares plays 14 mins a night and Plekanec gets his 16+ mins, because well you know...

Gotta play Plekanec against top lines!

Not a chance, he is going out west. And good riddance.

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006

I remember learning he really liked John Cougar Mellencamp and U2 from a little player blurb in the Gazette and that bothered teenage me more than anything bad he could do on the ice. Lol.

Reactions: 417

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Watching Joel in the playoffs, this guy pette his coche more than everybody I've ever seen. Not sure if it's good for the kids in Laval or not. lol

1 - I loved the pette his coche you took haha

2 - pretty sure he’s not coming in the coaching but in the managing

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Watching Joel in the playoffs, this guy pette his coche more than everybody I've ever seen. Not sure if it's good for the kids in Laval or not. lol

I would welcome that if he is coming in as Laval coach.

But like Vachon said, I think he's coming in a management role. Particularly believe he will replace Carrière.

Istvan

Nov 17, 2003
SoCal
Visit site
I just fear that the new hires will not have much say, I want MB gone so bad, I want to get my enthusiasm back for the habs.
Totally agree. It's impossible to be enthusiastic while MB is gm. I'm still unable to comprehend his extension after he proved that he was a very very poor gm who excelled only at excuses, laying blame and a smug f...-you-fans smirk.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Totally agree. It's impossible to be enthusiastic while MB is gm. I'm still unable to comprehend his extension after he proved that he was a very very poor gm who excelled only at excuses, laying blame and a smug f...-you-fans smirk.

It can only be explained by the actions of an ownership group that is itself even more inept than the GM is and which, through its anointed rep. Geoff, has dealt with it via a longstanding production of smoke and mirrors and rubber-stamping. A pure triumph of form over substance.

Reactions: groovejuice
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad