Player Discussion Joel Armia

Status
Not open for further replies.

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
In my opinion, Armia offensive threat leaves a lot to be desired.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Yeah with Hudon's lack of speed, Scherbak is the better offensive prospect, long term.

We already gave Hudon a solid sample try out to see what kind of offense he can provide. I was high on Hudon before but I have seen enough at this stage. As far as DLR and Scherbak, we didn't give them as much opportunity as Hudon got IMO.

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
Like Byron we are missing this guy in the line up.

He isn't a top 6er but he brings a lot to the bottom 6 and adds some size to the team. And he was chipping in too before his injury.

He is a very good 3rd liner, the way the top 9 playing right now he will be a fantastic 4th liner, and very good on the PK

Very much underrated on HF like most guy's who dont pile up points but can do alot of good things that helps you win games

gillyguzzler

Jan 21, 2007
Ontario
Hudon is likely on his way out when Armia returns. I hope he doesn't get claimed as he could be a good filler in the top 9 when the inevitable injuries happen.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
We already gave Hudon a solid sample try out to see what kind of offense he can provide. I was high on Hudon before but I have seen enough at this stage. As far as DLR and Scherbak, we didn't give them as much opportunity as Hudon got IMO.

If Hudon can somehow improve his speed, he's definitely an NHLer, probably a 40-50 point NHLer. But without speed you're always behind the play in today's game.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
If Hudon can somehow improve his speed, he's definitely an NHLer, probably a 40-50 point NHLer. But without speed you're always behind the play in today's game.

Agreed. His ability to create that little bit of time and space he needs affects his decision making. I think the vision and skill is there but he rarely is able to get open for any more than a few seconds.

Can someone please give him Mete's skating

Aug 25, 2009
éal
Did someone say Armia is on the trip this week? Practicing with the guys?
He's not on the trip. Team is getting back in Montréal after Vegas for Christmas. Maybe he fly with the team to Florida but I'm not expecting him to play until the Dec 31 game against Dallas.

Reactions: BLONG7

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Really love the guy. Strong on his skate, fluid, skating look so easy for him. Hes so good at protectiing the pucck and he have some nice pair of hands plus hes good down low. Wish to keep him long term on tje 3rd line... and he could help bery well on a 2nd if injury happen to one ofnour future top 6.

Also one of the few players that isn't 5'9ish...

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I've said before that what he brings to the team is underrated. He's a very good 3rd liner.

Looking forward to his return.

He's advertised as being good without the puck, which is something this club really lacks.

He also has the ability to use his frame to possess pucks for slightly more extended periods, which means less time the team has to play defense.

He can only help this club.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
So what roster move (s) happen when Armia is ready? I know Shaw might be hurt but eventually there will need to be a decision on who stays, who moves on.

Does one of Peca or Hudon get waived?

I think Chaput and Agostino are Clode favorites on the 4th line so they are safe. Deslauriers brings the needed size against certain teams.

It will be interesting how this plays out.

I think Hudon is the odd man out.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
So what roster move (s) happen when Armia is ready? I know Shaw might be hurt but eventually there will need to be a decision on who stays, who moves on.

Does one of Peca or Hudon get waived?

I think Chaput and Agostino are Clode favorites on the 4th line so they are safe. Deslauriers brings the needed size against certain teams.

It will be interesting how this plays out.

I think Hudon is the odd man out.
Assuming Shaw is ok, which I doubt, conditioning stint for Hudon and maybe an injury within 14 days saves him from being waived.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad