Confirmed with Link: Jochen Hecht - 1 year, $1 million cap hit

SabreBlood

Mar 31, 2012
Since we're now engaging in bald speculation, I'll counter that by saying we'd be giving up a goal/game more if Porter was in there in place of Hecht. In half the ice time. Prove me wrong.
Unfortunately for your silly Hecht argument, there's also more to hockey than your 4th line, fringe NHL player's ability in preventing goals.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Unfortunately for your silly Hecht argument, there's also more to hockey than your 4th line, fringe NHL player's ability in preventing goals.

And, as we all know, Porter both produces and prevents goals. Which is why he got non-tendered by Colorado and couldn't get a one-way deal. :laugh:

SabreBlood

Mar 31, 2012
And, as we all know, Porter both produces and prevents goals. Which is why he got non-tendered by Colorado and couldn't get a one-way deal. :laugh:
You're so funny!

What does Colorado have to do with Jochen Hecht and his fringe position on the last place team in the East? Once again, Hecht wouldn't be in the NHL if he wasn't in Buffalo. Your argument is :laugh: worthy for sure.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
You're so funny!

What does Colorado have to do with Jochen Hecht and his fringe position on the last place team in the East? Once again, Hecht wouldn't be in the NHL if he wasn't in Buffalo. Your argument is :laugh: worthy for sure.

Perhaps ... But Hecht IS ON an NHL team and will be all season looooooong. Porter isn't, and he won't be all season loooooong.

Scoreboard ... Advantage ... Hecht.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Kevin Porter is a very good AHL player that's almost averaing a point per game.

Holy ****! A pt per game in the AHL!!! With our trouble scoring we should get Mancari up here too! immediately !!!

You may even call him a fringe NHL player, which is exactly what Jochen Hecht currently is.

There's a difference between a guy who has succeeded at the NHL level and has diminishing skills. And a guy who never stuck in the NHL, and had very little talent to begin with

If Hecht wasn't playing for the Sabres, he wouldn't be playing in any other NHL city.

prove it...

Porter is also an actual centerman, unlike Hecht. The Sabres could use a real pivot their 4th line.

Hecht has played more center professionally at any level, than Porter has.

Porter puts up enough points to center an NHL 4th line, he hits, fights to protect his teammates, hustles, is an excellent two-way player at the AHL level, and is the Captain of a team that has found it's way and hit its stride, in the midst of losing three of it's best players in Hodgson, Foligno, and Brennan.

Porter is a career AHLer.... get over it

What does Jochen Hecht bring that makes him more valuable than the much younger and hungrier Kevin Porter? Certainly not Hecht's penalty killing, which leads all Sabres forwards in average SH TOI. A penalty killing unit which happens to rank in the bottom half of the NHL. Certainly not his offensive touch, as he has none. Certainly not his physical play, which he's never had.

Your suggestion is that Porter would be a better NHL PKer than Hecht? It's becoming clearer and clearer how little you know.

So, what exactly is it about Jochen Hecht that makes you shrug off giving Kevin Porter a shot on the 4th line over him?

Kevin Porter

Hecht is actually a hockey equivalent of a quadruple-A baseball player. He's also one solid jolt away from permanent retirement. I fail to see how Hecht is so much more valuable to this team than Porter could be.

Yes, you fail to see

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
You're so funny!

Your argument, or lack thereof, is a backwards mess

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida

of course there is more to your 4th line... everyone knows you must have a busted hobey baker winner without a single discernible NHL skill

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
I'm all for calling up Porter, and giving him a shot... why not. We've got plenty of underachievers.... but the idea that he's a better roster option than Jochen "My 2 way play and PK is still a relevant and necessary element" Hecht is just totally absurd

it's a layman's argument

SabreBlood

Mar 31, 2012
Holy ****! A pt per game in the AHL!!! With our trouble scoring we should get Mancari up here too! immediately !!!
Wrong. Just Porter.

There's a difference between a guy who has succeeded at the NHL level and has diminishing skills. And a guy who never stuck in the NHL, and had very little talent to begin with
Jochen Hecht's skills dimished well before this year, expert #2.

prove it...
Jochen Hecht already has.

Hecht has played more center professionally at any level, than Porter has.
Because Hecht has an idiot for a head coach that has constantly played him out of position.

Porter is a career AHLer.... get over it
Jochen Hecht should have retired prior to last season. Deal with it.

Your suggestion is that Porter would be a better NHL PKer than Hecht? It's becoming clearer and clearer how little you know.
Actually, no. That's not my suggestion at all. We don't need Kevin Porter to kill penalties. We also don't need Jochen Hecht to kill penalties. We have plenty of quality PK'ers whether Hecht is here or not.

Kevin Porter
Would be an upgrade on the Sabres 4th line.

SabreBlood

Mar 31, 2012
I'm all for calling up Porter, and giving him a shot... why not. We've got plenty of underachievers.... but the idea that he's a better roster option than Jochen "My 2 way play and PK is still a relevant and necessary element" Hecht is just totally absurd

it's a layman's argument
A layman's argument compared to what? You and your pal's argument? You guys are cute.

Hecht's two-way play and PK ability in 2013 are an absolute must have for any legitimate Stanley Cup contender!!!

SabreBlood

Mar 31, 2012
Who are these quality PKers??? Pominville, Kaleta, Ott.........and who else?????

Hodgson is a PK regular. Stafford has been fine on the PK. As has Vanek when he's been used there.

I don't know....are 7 penalty killing forwards enough??????

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Hodgson is a PK regular. Stafford has been fine on the PK. As has Vanek when he's been used there.

I don't know....are 7 penalty killing forwards enough??????

CoHo and Stafford are being used on the PK because we don't have other options.

CoHo certainly isn't "quality" yet as you say.........and Stafford I believe has been on the ice for the most PP goals against as a forward.

And Vanek is only used on the PK during the last 20 seconds or when we desperately need offense.

EVENTUALLY, Zemgus, Foligno, CoHo et al should be the core PKers for this team. But right now, Hecht is a good guy to teach them how to PK effectively.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
You're so funny!

I think the only thing that's funny in these last couple pages is your theory that the team that's given up the second-most goals in the conference should rid itself of one of its better goal-preventing forwards at ES in favor of an AHL scoring line player.

CoHo and Stafford are being used on the PK because we don't have other options.

CoHo certainly isn't "quality" yet as you say.........and Stafford I believe has been on the ice for the most PP goals against as a forward.

And Vanek is only used on the PK during the last 20 seconds or when we desperately need offense.

EVENTUALLY, Zemgus, Foligno, CoHo et al should be the core PKers for this team. But right now, Hecht is a good guy to teach them how to PK effectively.

Pominville, actually.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
I can't believe there are actually posters here who claim to watch the games who are actually arguing about wanting to see #55 over just about anyone. In Jame's defense, he said he was down for a look at Porter. I'm not even saying Jochen is playing bad, I'm just saying that act has played itself out as much as Lindy Ruff's has.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad