Confirmed with Link: Jochen Hecht - 1 year, $1 million cap hit

OcAirlines

Jul 18, 2009
He signed a regular two-year contract in Mannheim by the way, he has an out-clause for the NHL, but it looks like he isn't really expecting to get many NHL-offers and that he is planning for his future outside of the NHL. I personally would probably take him back for cheap, if it was in a 3rd/4th-line role, but I doubt that he'd be interested in playing a limited role for us while getting close to league minimum, if he can be a star in his home town.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Saw him last month with his son's team at North Town. I suspect he's done in North America.

heartsabres*

so 8 points in 3 games says he still has some skills. Better then pommers stats.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
He's exactly what we need on our bottom lines but not for 40 games a year. A defensively capable and versatile veteran like Hecht would be perfect, just no Jochen.

Let him play a top line role at home in a league where he wont have to deal with the shutdown role wear and tear he would receive in the NHL. He will win a trophy or two and end his career healthy this way. One of my favorite Sabres of the past decade and I'd hate to see him go out like Savard or Laperriere.

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
He's exactly what we need on our bottom lines but not for 40 games a year. A defensively capable and versatile veteran like Hecht would be perfect, just no Jochen.

Let him play a top line role at home in a league where he wont have to deal with the shutdown role wear and tear he would receive in the NHL. He will win a trophy or two and end his career healthy this way. One of my favorite Sabres of the past decade and I'd hate to see him go out like Savard or Laperriere.

Lindy loves Jochen so him signing cheap to play on the fourth will forever cause line juggling and Jochen playing in the top 6.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Thanks for the memories Hecht. May there be no future memory of you as a Sabre. Go enjoy life in Germany. Enjoy your wealth, your family, your health.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Entering this season, I had thought that Hecht would be a good insurance policy if Grigs wasn't ready: a center who could be signed on short notice (like in middle of training camp--after Grigs had been evaluated), knows the system, and can hold down a #3C spot. Yes, there are risks that go with Hecht, but you could do worse.

The lockout though changes things. A condensed schedule would be bad for him, and Grigs has had more time to develop should they go that route.

heartsabres*

LOL, 3 game sample size in a european league. By your logic we should name him captain too

So saying a guy still has some skills makes him the captain??? By your logic you would want to sign him to a 10 year back diving contract. :laugh:

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
4+8 in 5 GP? Hecht will get a look somewhere if he keeps that up and can stay healthy, but idk if he can be relied upon in Buffalo any more. I'm not opposed to the player, one of my recent favorites actually, but I would fully expect him to get hurt again and it wouldn't necessarily have to be another concussion either.

sabresandcanucks

Jul 2, 2009
Yes if the price is right....I really like what Hecht brings, and like what I believe Zip said in another thread, think he would be a good fit with Hodgson.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Hecht depends on of of two things:

1. leino leaves in whatever capacity opening up a 3rd line role
2. Hecht is willing to be a 4th line center

Id gladly welcome him back in either situation if his health were in order..

beerme1

Jun 27, 2011
No
Moving on
Thank you Jochen for your service. You were a valued member of the team.

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
with open arms for this shortened season. lineup hole/role is there for him.

if he gets hurt again, big deal, move on then. (if he decides he's healthy and isnt worrying about his health, I'm not either)

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
with open arms for this shortened season. lineup hole/role is there for him.

if he gets hurt again, big deal, move on then. (if he decides he's healthy and isnt worrying about his health, I'm not either)

Exactly, depend on contract. Sorry, are very thin at centre and he can play -- when healthy. Not sure how healthy he can stay though.

Salzig

I am laudable.
Feb 28, 2007
Bonn, Germany
I think he played pretty good so far for his hometown team Mannheim, but there is no way I want to see him back playing for the Sabres. He's too old and too injury prone. The German league is pretty soft, that's why he's doing so good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad