JM Fantasy League (New League, Sign up + Discussion) (BUF, CGY open)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Fine, I'll get a new draft order. No one is allowed to switch picks.

I'll post it soon.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Here it is, like I said no one is allowed to switch teams.

There were 30 items in your list. Here they are in random order:
1.Edmonton
2.Ottawa
3.Vancouver
4.Florida
5.Pittsburgh
6.Calgary
7.St.Louis
8.New Jersey
9.Tampa Bay
10.Montreal
11.NY Islanders
12.Nashville
13.San Jose
14.NY Rangers
15.Chicago
16.Dallas
17.Winnipeg
18.Toronto
19.Boston
20.Phoenix
21.Detroit
22.Minnesota
23.Buffalo
24.Philadelphia
25.Los Angeles
26.Carolina
27.Washington
28.Columbus
29.Colorado
30.Anaheim

Timestamp: 2013-02-19 04:27:36 UTC

Regina Pat

Keep Kadri
May 16, 2010
The ODR

1.Edmonton
2.Ottawa
3.Vancouver
4.Florida
5.Pittsburgh
6.Calgary
7.St.Louis
8.New Jersey
9.Tampa Bay
10.Montreal
11.NY Islanders
12.Nashville
13.San Jose
14.NY Rangers
15.Chicago
16.Dallas
17.Winnipeg
18.Toronto
19.Boston
20.Phoenix
21.Detroit
22.Minnesota
23.Buffalo
24.Philadelphia
25.Los Angeles
26.Carolina
27.Washington
28.Columbus
29.Colorado
30.Anaheim

:yo:

Righteous.

The Press Express

Sep 16, 2012
@PressDontStress

1.Edmonton
2.Ottawa
3.Vancouver
4.Florida
5.Pittsburgh
6.Calgary
7.St.Louis
8.New Jersey
9.Tampa Bay
10.Montreal
11.NY Islanders
12.Nashville
13.San Jose
14.NY Rangers
15.Chicago
16.Dallas
17.Winnipeg
18.Toronto
19.Boston
20.Phoenix
21.Detroit
22.Minnesota
23.Buffalo
24.Philadelphia
25.Los Angeles
26.Carolina
27.Washington
28.Columbus
29.Colorado
30.Anaheim

Gigity Gigity Goooooooo!!!

Edit: Can we please take a vote on scoring I think head to head categories would be much better suited for this league!

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Gigity Gigity Goooooooo!!!

Edit: Can we please take a vote on scoring I think head to head categories would be much better suited for this league!

There are three types of Head-to-Head: Points, Each Category, and Most Categories.

So you want most categories? I think most would prefer points honestly.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Not points. That makes most players pretty useless.

I'm not getting why people keep saying this? There are multiple ways to get points in this league. Hits/Blocked Shots/Faceoffs/PIM's/TOI etc..

Dave Steckel takes a lot of faceoffs and also wins a lot. He is not useless.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
For those who don't know about H2H League's here is an explanation on all 3 kinds.

Head-to-Head: Points: "H2H" points is similar to how Fantasy Football is played. Teams play each other one-on-one on a rotating schedule throughout the season. You assign a given point value to individual statistical categories (i.e., goal = 4, assist = 1, etc.) and each scoring period's winner is determined solely by which team accumulates the most fantasy points versus a single opponent. The end result is a win (1-0-0), loss (0-1-0) or tie (0-0-1). If selected, your league will have team schedules and playoffs (optional), and you will have the option to set up divisions. Things to think about: ESPN says that for Points Leagues we wouldn't be able to use Blocked Shots/Hits kind of categories but it says for H2H leagues we would be able to. I'm not sure what they would consider this because it's both head to head and points. If we were to do H2H points you might be risking drafting some goons and then they wouldn't be worth as much if we were to find out the point system was all offensive categories with faceoffs and shots but no hits and blocked shots.

Head-to-head: Each Category: This is the most common type of head-to-head play in Fantasy Hockey. Teams play each other one-on-one on a rotating schedule throughout the season. This format allows you to select a number of statistical categories. For each scoring period, team totals are accumulated, and a win, loss or tie is credited in each category based on opponent's weekly totals (i.e., 6-3-1 in a 10 category league). If selected, your league will have team schedules and playoffs (optional), and you will have the option to set up divisions. NOTE: If the LM sets home team wins as a tiebreaker, the home team will win the first tied category. If there is a second, the away team will win. The tiebreaker will work alternately between the two teams.

Head-to-Head: Most Categories: Teams play each other one-on-one on a rotating schedule throughout the season. This format allows you to set "X" number of statistical categories. For each scoring period, usually Monday through Sunday, team totals are accumulated in each of the categories. At the end the scoring period, the winner is determined by which team wins the most number of categories. The end result is a win (1-0-0), loss (0-1-0) or tie (0-0-1). These results correspond directly to each team's overall record. If selected, your league will have team schedules and playoffs (optional), and you will have the option to set up divisions.

From ESPN..

This is the point system I'd like to use:
SKATERS
Goals
Assists
Shots
PIM's (Penalty Minutes)
+/-
PPG (Power Play Goal)
SHG (Short Handed Goal)
GWG (Game Winning Goal)
TOI (Time on ice)
FOW (Faceoffs Won)
Blocked Shots
Hits
Games Played (Injury prone players being less valuable)

Goalies
Wins
GAA (Goals Against Average)
SV% (Save Percentage)
Games Started
Overtime Loss

With the last two H2H type of league's I listed we are guaranteed the point system I want. The H2H Points League as I said I have no idea if they offer this kind of points system for. If someone who has used ESPN knows the answer to this please let me know.

I'll leave this for people to comment over night and in the morning. I want to know your thoughts and which one of the 3 H2H you guys would prefer. Raptactics had us on a Most Category H2H type. If we did that we might not have to re-do anything unless you guys want to because of the minor changes I made.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
For those who don't know about H2H League's here is an explanation on all 3 kinds.

Head-to-Head: Points: "H2H" points is similar to how Fantasy Football is played. Teams play each other one-on-one on a rotating schedule throughout the season. You assign a given point value to individual statistical categories (i.e., goal = 4, assist = 1, etc.) and each scoring period's winner is determined solely by which team accumulates the most fantasy points versus a single opponent. The end result is a win (1-0-0), loss (0-1-0) or tie (0-0-1). If selected, your league will have team schedules and playoffs (optional), and you will have the option to set up divisions. Things to think about: ESPN says that for Points Leagues we wouldn't be able to use Blocked Shots/Hits kind of categories but it says for H2H leagues we would be able to. I'm not sure what they would consider this because it's both head to head and points. If we were to do H2H points you might be risking drafting some goons and then they wouldn't be worth as much if we were to find out the point system was all offensive categories with faceoffs and shots but no hits and blocked shots.

Head-to-head: Each Category: This is the most common type of head-to-head play in Fantasy Hockey. Teams play each other one-on-one on a rotating schedule throughout the season. This format allows you to select a number of statistical categories. For each scoring period, team totals are accumulated, and a win, loss or tie is credited in each category based on opponent's weekly totals (i.e., 6-3-1 in a 10 category league). If selected, your league will have team schedules and playoffs (optional), and you will have the option to set up divisions. NOTE: If the LM sets home team wins as a tiebreaker, the home team will win the first tied category. If there is a second, the away team will win. The tiebreaker will work alternately between the two teams.

Head-to-Head: Most Categories: Teams play each other one-on-one on a rotating schedule throughout the season. This format allows you to set "X" number of statistical categories. For each scoring period, usually Monday through Sunday, team totals are accumulated in each of the categories. At the end the scoring period, the winner is determined by which team wins the most number of categories. The end result is a win (1-0-0), loss (0-1-0) or tie (0-0-1). These results correspond directly to each team's overall record. If selected, your league will have team schedules and playoffs (optional), and you will have the option to set up divisions.

From ESPN..

This is the point system I'd like to use:
SKATERS
Goals
Assists
Shots
PIM's (Penalty Minutes)
+/-
PPG (Power Play Goal)
SHG (Short Handed Goal)
GWG (Game Winning Goal)
TOI (Time on ice)
FOW (Faceoffs Won)
Blocked Shots
Hits
Games Played (Injury prone players being less valuable)

Goalies
Wins
GAA (Goals Against Average)
SV% (Save Percentage)
Games Started
Overtime Loss

With the last two H2H type of league's I listed we are guaranteed the point system I want. The H2H Points League as I said I have no idea if they offer this kind of points system for. If someone who has used ESPN knows the answer to this please let me know.

I'll leave this for people to comment over night and in the morning. I want to know your thoughts and which one of the 3 H2H you guys would prefer. Raptactics had us on a Most Category H2H type. If we did that we might not have to re-do anything unless you guys want to because of the minor changes I made.
I think you mean to say that raptactics had us doing the Each Category. Which I would prefer to stick with. Failing that, I wouldn't go insane if we did the Most Category option. So option 2 or 3 would work for me (prefer keeping it the same though, so each categories option). If we go for option one I don't think I would stay in the league.

TheNudge

Aug 11, 2008
Why would you even bother with that. :( I was simply trying to be nice and switching team. He said we couldn't switch pick but he never said we couldn't switch teams. :sarcasm: :shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad