JM Fantasy League (New League, Sign up + Discussion) (BUF, CGY open)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Welcome to the new league, everyone.

If anyone's still wondering why a new league will be starting; A) The lockout killed everything. Right when the lockout was over about 10 GM's were still interested in the league and that's the way it's been since. The lockout also brought in the new salary cap, which is much lower than the previous one and I'm not sure I have a solid solution to bring those teams over the new cap back down. B) It's getting boring for me to keep running it. With 10 GM's out of 30 I'm sure everyone should understand that one. C) After (almost) four seasons of this I feel like it's a good time to pull the plug. Most league's don't last past the original draft so I'm happy I was able to keep it going for a good period of time and hopefully with new rules and more committed GM's this one will go for just as long, if not longer.

Why the draft is starting now? I will be too busy in the summer to be able to update the draft chart & cap central and I would also like to get most of the draft completed by exam time which is why it starts now.

ThreadsDraft Thread - http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1345015
Cap Central Thread - http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1345031

RULES *EVERYONE READ, PLEASE*
* This is a 30 team league, as usual
* Snake draft (Last team to pick in the 1st round will get the first pick in the 2nd round, and so on)
* Draft will last 32 rounds, 22 on your main roster (12F, 6D, 1G) + Press Box (3 EXTRAS) and 10 non-roster players that can be added in for injured/scratched players
* You will have 2 hours to make your pick. If you fail to do so you will be given a warning and your pick will be skipped until the end of the round.
* How do warnings work? You will be handed 3 warnings.. if you use all 3 I will entertain the option to replace you unless you have a good history with me or a good reason for why I shouldn't.
* Clock freezes at 1:00 AM ET - 9:00 AM ET (no time limit on picks, although picks can still be made during this time if you are online)
* To avoid being skipped or given a warning, it would be smart to send in a list of players for someone to select for you.
* Who can you draft? Anyone who is property of an NHL team. That means anyone other than undrafted NCAA's, Entry Draft eligible players (MacKinnon, Jones), or overseas players (KHL, SEL etc..)
* IMPORTANT: You can make trades although if you trade 3 picks in a deal you HAVE to be getting back 3 as well. This is so all teams end up with the same amount of players out of the Main Draft. The reason I'm doing this is because no one wants to take over a team that has 10 players on their roster. This is a problem we've had in the past league that I think will make a major difference in activity.
* Please keep trades fair. I have the power to overturn a trade if it is Malkin for Corey Potter + 2nd bad. I won't bother with one's that are "meh", but that's my decision and I expect no one to complain about it if it happens to you.
* Salary cap is the same as the NHL, $64,300,000. Do not exceed it and be aware of your cap situation, make picks accordingly.
* We are going by capgeek.com numbers
* This is a points league, not a sim league. Still undecided between yahoo or pickuphockey for where stats will be kept.

Welcome to the new league, everyone.

If anyone's still wondering why a new league will be starting; A) The lockout killed everything. Right when the lockout was over about 10 GM's were still interested in the league and that's the way it's been since. The lockout also brought in the new salary cap, which is much lower than the previous one and I'm not sure I have a solid solution to bring those teams over the new cap back down. B) It's getting boring for me to keep running it. With 10 GM's out of 30 I'm sure everyone should understand that one. C) After (almost) four seasons of this I feel like it's a good time to pull the plug. Most league's don't last past the original draft so I'm happy I was able to keep it going for a good period of time and hopefully with new rules and more committed GM's this one will go for just as long, if not longer.

Why the draft is starting now? I will be too busy in the summer to be able to update the draft chart & cap central and I would also like to get most of the draft completed by exam time which is why it starts now.

Threads
Draft Thread - http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1345015
Cap Central Thread - http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1345031

RULES *EVERYONE READ, PLEASE*
* This is a 30 team league, as usual
* Snake draft (Last team to pick in the 1st round will get the first pick in the 2nd round, and so on)
* Draft will last 32 rounds, 22 on your main roster (12F, 6D, 1G) + Press Box (3 EXTRAS) and 10 non-roster players that can be added in for injured/scratched players
* You will have 2 hours to make your pick. If you fail to do so you will be given a warning and your pick will be skipped until the end of the round.
* How do warnings work? You will be handed 3 warnings.. if you use all 3 I will entertain the option to replace you unless you have a good history with me or a good reason for why I shouldn't.
* Clock freezes at 1:00 AM ET - 9:00 AM ET (no time limit on picks, although picks can still be made during this time if you are online)
* To avoid being skipped or given a warning, it would be smart to send in a list of players for someone to select for you.
* Who can you draft? Anyone who is property of an NHL team. That means anyone other than undrafted NCAA's, Entry Draft eligible players (MacKinnon, Jones), or overseas players (KHL, SEL etc..)
* IMPORTANT: You can make trades although if you trade 3 picks in a deal you HAVE to be getting back 3 as well. This is so all teams end up with the same amount of players out of the Main Draft. The reason I'm doing this is because no one wants to take over a team that has 10 players on their roster. This is a problem we've had in the past league that I think will make a major difference in activity.
* Please keep trades fair. I have the power to overturn a trade if it is Malkin for Corey Potter + 2nd bad. I won't bother with one's that are "meh", but that's my decision and I expect no one to complain about it if it happens to you.
* Salary cap is the same as the NHL, $64,300,000. Do not exceed it and be aware of your cap situation, make picks accordingly.
* We are going by capgeek.com numbers
* This is a points league, not a sim league. Stats are kept on ESPN

NHL Team | General Manager
Anaheim| K9
Boston| Alberta Oilfire
Buffalo| Slats432
Calgary|
Carolina| BillyVanilly
Chicago| dustyrockon
Colorado| Dr John Carlson
Columbus| CBJ All The Way
Dallas| sully61
Detroit| TheNudge
Edmonton| Gobo
Florida| OhioState2015
Los Angeles| SENSations
Minnesota| osu1
Montreal| Dynamic Duo 934
Nashville| ReimerForPM
New Jersey| RogueStatus
NY Islanders| TheBigFive
NY Rangers| MollyMollyOxenFree
Ottawa| Smeddy
Philadelphia| TBLBrian
Phoenix| reffree
Pittsburgh| MarkusNaslund19
San Jose|VanIslander
St. Louis| Joey Moss
Tampa Bay| PavelD13
Toronto| Chandrashekhar Limit
Vancouver| MarkusNaslund19
Washington| caps4cup
Winnipeg| 4thLinePlug

WAITING LIST

Last edited:

sully6one

Unregistered User
Aug 6, 2011
Michigan
My idea for the league would be a regular 30 man roster draft then a 10 or so round prospects draft. Also why can't we sign European and NCAA undrafted free agents?

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
My idea for the league would be a regular 30 man roster draft then a 10 or so round prospects draft. Also why can't we sign European and NCAA undrafted free agents?

From experience that would take too long and the level of players getting drafted in the later rounds is pretty brutal. Those players are not going to be playing in the NHL unless they actually get signed by one so they are useless to the league.

Also, drafting prospects in the regular draft adds strategy and makes the later rounds have more quality picks.

The Press Express

Sep 16, 2012
@PressDontStress
Joey I like everything except the way we will draft, I think we should pick a Saturday start the draft at 1PM expect every GM to be there whether we are in a chatzy or some form of communication system give each team 1 MIN each per pick and just pound out the draft then and there, I feel like if each team gets 2 hours it will take a Millennium

One other idea I think the league should have an AHL as well so we could each hire our own coach to manage the Minor leagues so we could have call ups and such and it would be twice the competition

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Joey I like everything except the way we will draft, I think we should pick a Saturday start the draft at 1PM expect every GM to be there whether we are in a chatzy or some form of communication system give each team 1 MIN each per pick and just pound out the draft then and there, I feel like if each team gets 2 hours it will take a Millennium

One other idea I think the league should have an AHL as well so we could each hire our own coach to manage the Minor leagues so we could have call ups and such and it would be twice the competition

I don't want to spend my Saturday's (when I'm not working) on HFBoards and I'm assuming same for others. It takes a while if we have to wait the duration of 2 hours for each pick, but I doubt we will.

We technically do have an AHL. That's where the non-roster players go.

The Press Express

Sep 16, 2012
@PressDontStress
I don't want to spend my Saturday's (when I'm not working) on HFBoards and I'm assuming same for others. It takes a while if we have to wait the duration of 2 hours for each pick, but I doubt we will.

We technically do have an AHL. That's where the non-roster players go.

I feel like im gonna be paranoid checking hf every 10 mins hoping I dont miss my pick maybe we could knock out a certain amount of rounds each day

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I feel like im gonna be paranoid checking hf every 10 mins hoping I dont miss my pick maybe we could knock out a certain amount of rounds each day

Send a list just in case. You don't have to check HF every 10 minutes just be aware of how many picks are ahead of you and look who's online. Someone will PM you when it's your pick.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
:thumbu: I am only online 8am-11am and 9pm-2am Eastern time (except more so on Saturdays if not out and about), but I will submit shortlists to cover any other times. I rock these boards twice daily, for an hour or so each day.

gm_tag-1.png

san_jose_sharks_thumb.png

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
What if we made it a 10 person league?
Not interested, personally. The MORE teams, the more likely we will have ten (10) ACTIVE GMs. A percentage of deadbeats is inevitable, based on experience.

However,...

How about giving us the option of managing TWO teams? Different conferences and no trades between the two teams.

The Press Express

Sep 16, 2012
@PressDontStress
Not interested, personally. The MORE teams, the more likely we will have ten (10) ACTIVE GMs. A percentage of deadbeats is inevitable, based on experience.

However,...

How about giving us the option of managing TWO teams? Different conferences and no trades between the two teams.

The way I see it is we have what 6 Die hard fantasy goers now 4 more and we have a badass league

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
What if we made it a 10 person league?
No. Nothing will be changed out of the rules already mentioned. I was more asking for ideas to add. Like how we added a cap central in the last league. Those sort of ideas. 30 team leagues are much better for drafting.

However,...

We will have enough GM's, guys. I've PM'ed about 15 people from the last league (I picked guys I know have been active in the past and have had a good history), a couple guys who haven't posted here but have signed up and some of the newer guys say they have buddies looking to join as well it'll fill up quick.
The way I see it is we have what 6 Die hard fantasy goers now 4 more and we have a badass league
My past league that ran for 3 and a half years with 30 GM's was badass as far as I'm concerned. Trust me man, I know how to run a league. No more trying to change things.

The Press Express

Sep 16, 2012
@PressDontStress
No. Nothing will be changed out of the rules already mentioned. I was more asking for ideas to add. Like how we added a cap central in the last league. Those sort of ideas. 30 team leagues are much better for drafting.

We will have enough GM's, guys. I've PM'ed about 15 people from the last league (I picked guys I know have been active in the past and have had a good history), a couple guys who haven't posted here but have signed up and some of the newer guys say they have buddies looking to join as well it'll fill up quick.

My past league that ran for 3 and a half years with 30 GM's was badass as far as I'm concerned. Trust me man, I know how to run a league. No more trying to change things.

gotcha boss i just want to get this bad boy up and running

TheNudge

Aug 11, 2008
By the way I'll be gone from Friday till tuesday. SO please don't start the draft before that. If so gotta be out since it change everything.

Hopefully we start in a week and not in a couple days.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
By the way I'll be gone from Friday till tuesday. SO please don't start the draft before that. If so gotta be out since it change everything.

Hopefully we start in a week and not in a couple days.

Sending a list is too hard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad