Jiri Sekac potential

Odelein24

Sep 17, 2009
Montreal
Not about position but about your set of skills and importance in the club. If Eller is the sixth forward, a guy like Sekac might steal his spot.

I do not see Sekac taking Eller's 3C spot, especially with how thin we are on the wings AND Eller's lack of success as a winger.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Not about position but about your set of skills and importance in the club. If Eller is the sixth forward, a guy like Sekac might steal his spot.

You mean like Sekac might steal all of Eller's PP time. :sarcasm:

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
http://www.habseyesontheprize.com/b...nacity-on-display-analysis-breaking-down-film

Darren Dietz retrieves the puck in the defensive zone, where he has no choice but to pass it to a back checking Jiri Sekac, given that his defensive partner is out of position. Once he receives the puck, Sekac has two choices. He can either pass the puck to Bouillon to reorganize the breakout, or take matters into his own hands. He chose the latter.

BOUBOU!

sekacbreakdown1.png

Goldthorpe

Meditating Guru
Jan 22, 2003
Montreal
Jiri Sekac - Almost too good to be true.

French blog by Martin Leclerc

http://blogues.radio-canada.ca/blog...ri-sekac-est-presque-trop-bon-pour-etre-vrai/

140707_jf5zt_jiri-sekac_sn635.jpg

Oh god... Sekac showed nice things during pre-season, but it is far too early to proclaim him "too good to be true". It's just pre-season, and the grueling 82 games NHL calendar has crushed plenty of other October surprises in the past. Already against Washington he was more subdue. Not saying I don't like him - I do, he's a more intelligent player than I expected and he fits well in our depleted top-9. But there's a difference between doing a nice show and sticking long term with the team.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
The only thing I doubt of Sekac is his finishing skills but he has all the other tools. The game against washington plekanec was trying to find a way to set him up but he isn't the guy like Pacioretty or Ovechkin that will get open spots and rifle a shot. He looks more a slot type shooter or getting in front of nets rebounds or passes type of player.

The hype is made way too soon, we have to wait and see. Against Washington he looked okay nothing wow, he surely didn't look like the Next saviour. In Sekac I expect a good 2nd or 3rd line player nothing less nothing more. It's still too early but the package is intriguing and you can see the skills.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Sekac has the size, skating and work ethic to play in the Habs top six, he goes to the net and doesn't play on the periphery, which could see him on the DD- Pacioretty line to start the season.:nod:

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
If we're going to keep Desharnais at centre I'd like to see Sekac tried on the wing with him and Pacioretty. Max/DD barely use the other winger on their line but at least Sekac would help them defensively and would open up some space for them. Not a fan of Parenteau on that line since him and Desharnais are primarily passers and I don't want to see Gallagher having to do all the dirty work over a full year with them.

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
http://www.habseyesontheprize.com/b...nacity-on-display-analysis-breaking-down-film

Darren Dietz retrieves the puck in the defensive zone, where he has no choice but to pass it to a back checking Jiri Sekac, given that his defensive partner is out of position. Once he receives the puck, Sekac has two choices. He can either pass the puck to Bouillon to reorganize the breakout, or take matters into his own hands. He chose the latter.

BOUBOU!

sekacbreakdown1.png

To be fair, we have to consider what went on before. If Bouillon chiped in in the offensive zone, it is quite normal that a winger took his place, and it doesn't mean Bouillon is out of position. But I'm not necessarily saying it was the case.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008

BOUBOU!

sekacbreakdown1.png

His other choice and best one would be to go behind his net and buy a bit of time for his teammates to get back and help...hockey 101

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
If we're going to keep Desharnais at centre I'd like to see Sekac tried on the wing with him and Pacioretty. Max/DD barely use the other winger on their line but at least Sekac would help them defensively and would open up some space for them. Not a fan of Parenteau on that line since him and Desharnais are primarily passers and I don't want to see Gallagher having to do all the dirty work over a full year with them.

Yeah, that's one of the first things I said...better fit there than Parenteau long term...but I would give PAP 4-5 games there to start.

The only thing I doubt of Sekac is his finishing skills but he has all the other tools. The game against washington plekanec was trying to find a way to set him up but he isn't the guy like Pacioretty or Ovechkin that will get open spots and rifle a shot. He looks more a slot type shooter or getting in front of nets rebounds or passes type of player.

The hype is made way too soon, we have to wait and see. Against Washington he looked okay nothing wow, he surely didn't look like the Next saviour. In Sekac I expect a good 2nd or 3rd line player nothing less nothing more. It's still too early but the package is intriguing and you can see the skills.

That's the part that is hard to judge in preseason, more time and space than regular NHL hockey.

To me he looks a lot like Pacioretty EXCEPT the shot/release.

Habby Gilmore

Dec 2, 2013
Halifax
This thread was in a new article about Sekac last night, thought that it was interesting that they used an HF Boards thread to prove their point lol.

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
Yeah, that's one of the first things I said...better fit there than Parenteau long term...but I would give PAP 4-5 games there to start.

That's the part that is hard to judge in preseason, more time and space than regular NHL hockey.

To me he looks a lot like Pacioretty EXCEPT the shot/release.

That could be scary because Max Pac without his shot/release doesn't bring much to the game...

That said, I do agree that Sekac could look very good with DD and Max Pac. I'm still doubting Sekac's finishing skills, but he protects the puck real good, better than Max Pac I would say (true it's just pre-season), and he looks hard to knock off the puck. He could be a very good complement to that line, and I could see it working better than with PAP.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
That could be scary because Max Pac without his shot/release doesn't bring much to the game...

That said, I do agree that Sekac could look very good with DD and Max Pac. I'm still doubting Sekac's finishing skills, but he protects the puck real good, better than Max Pac I would say (true it's just pre-season), and he looks hard to knock off the puck. He could be a very good complement to that line, and I could see it working better than with PAP.

Exactly, that's why I mentioned it. Max PAc without his release-shot, he is the max pac earlier in his career. A good skater that goes to the net but doesn't do something in particular very well. That's what Sekac looks like now but his puck possession skills are better then Max at early stage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad