Jiri Sekac potential

Bullsmith

May 21, 2007
Way too soon to know about consistency, but the guy has the tools to be a top 6 winger in the NHL. Stands out like a sore thumb at the exhibition level. So did Tender, among many others, but so far so good with this guy.

Durvann

Feb 6, 2013
The coaching staff obviously plan to have Sekac in their top 9 this year.
Feels really odd to be excited when #26 has the puck though. Same with Beaulieu and #28 but I will gladly get used to it.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
@renlavoietva: For those who stillwonder if Jiri Sekac is good, he scored another goal. Big acquisition by Marc Bergevin. #canadiens

To which his former teammate responded:

@Oystie74: @renlavoietva played with the kid the past 2 years, absolutely for real! Best free agent out there @walsha

boompuffboom

Jul 10, 2007
farce à part,

he's lookin good out there!!

seems to have the determination, and definitely has the skills.

Looking forward to seeing more!

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
V02max beast. Head seems at the right place, hard worker. Total package, top3 NHL level.

That it itself is significant. His work ethic will shame other players into either imitating him or be resigned to unflattering comparisons with this tremendously committed athlete by the coaches, pundits and fans. Stark contrast against the guys just going through the motions.

Church

The last lion
Mar 26, 2010
Montreal, QC
AivYdpX.jpg

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
That it itself is significant. His work ethic will shame other players into either imitating him or be resigned to unflattering comparisons with this tremendously committed athlete by the coaches, pundits and fans. Stark contrast against the guys just going through the motions.

I agree. Brendan Gallagher has the same unstoppable work ethic, which raises the bar for everyone around him. If Sekac's energy translates to the regular season and playoffs, he'll make his linemates better.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Funny thing is he's only 22, right about the age when drafted players make NHL.

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
He has size, decent hands, smarts, speed...good combination. But what I noticed the most is he's in the action, he goes to dirty areas around the boards, around the net etc. He makes things happen instead of being reactionary.

He hasn't been involved in anything NHL physical like a game against the Bruins yet. It's been pretty tame so far. I'm looking to see if he keeps playing like this against a tough physical opponent or if he goes more perimeter. Because I guarantee he'll draw some attention.

Overall though, he definitely looks like he can play in the NHL.

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
He has size, decent hands, smarts, speed...good combination. But what I noticed the most is he's in the action, he goes to dirty areas around the boards, around the net etc. He makes things happen instead of being reactionary.

He hasn't been involved in anything NHL physical like a game against the Bruins yet. It's been pretty tame so far. I'm looking to see if he keeps playing like this against a tough physical opponent or if he goes more perimeter. Because I guarantee he'll draw some attention.

Overall though, he definitely looks like he can play in the NHL.
so what you actually mean is. will Sekac come back as strong as ever after Chara send him to the hospital with a broken neck and get away with it because " I never do things like that"

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
so what you actually mean is. will Sekac come back as strong as ever after Chara send him to the hospital with a broken neck and get away with it because " I never do things like that"

Well, hopefully not to that degree...But I'd like to see him vs regular NHLers in traffic and post-whistle in tough games to see how he reacts. He's looking good now, but let's face it, he hasn't had much NHL sandpaper thrown his way yet. Some guys who play that style tend to disappear when the going gets tough. Other guys thrive and even seem to get more involved in the game because of it. Curious to see where he fits in there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad