Jimmy Butler requests a trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
butler's trying to team up with kyrie. i don't buy the rumors of him trying to team up with kawhi. that wouldn't make much sense anyways

clips have room for two max roster spots and with kyrie able to opt out after this season they could both team up in LA. only thing is the clips really don't have much to give up for butler at the moment. knicks have more to give up and to be honest i can see kyrie preferring to stay in the east anyways.

next year's FA class is absolutely stacked. kawhi, butler, klay, even rumors of KD maybe opting out but i don't see that happening

also, i hate this whole "teaming up" BS

Apparently he wants to be "The Guy" and he was frustrated with KAT and Wiggins because they refuse to play a lick of defense so he wants to team up with Kyrie? Good luck with that Jimmy.

Reactions: Voight

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Apparently he wants to be "The Guy" and he was frustrated with KAT and Wiggins because they refuse to play a lick of defense so he wants to team up with Kyrie? Good luck with that Jimmy.

well i'm just going off the main rumor i'm hearing

i also heard he'd like to team up with kawhi but like i said, that doesn't make much sense. KD is the dark horse. if butler ends up on LAC and KD opts out then i can see him ending up with the clips, mainly due to his connection to jerry west

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL

Where have you heard he wants to be the guy instead of be in a winning situation and better city to live in?

Jimmy is a fanatical worker, which is why he likes Thibs and can't stand KAT. He doesn't butt heads with KAT and Wiggins because they are stealing his shine, but because they don't work hard enough for his liking.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
well i'm just going off the main rumor i'm hearing

i also heard he'd like to team up with kawhi but like i said, that doesn't make much sense. KD is the dark horse. if butler ends up on LAC and KD opts out then i can see him ending up with the clips, mainly due to his connection to jerry west

For sure. It just seems odd that he wants to be the franchise player for a team yet he wants to "team up" with another superstar.

On another note, every time I read "team up" this old school basketball fan dies a little inside.
As a long time Pistons fan, I could never imagine Isiah wanting to "team up" with his good buddy Magic Johnson in his prime and vice versa or Bird wanting to "team up" with Magic. Those guys wanted to beat the snot out of each other, not play on the same team and sing Kumbaya together.

Reactions: OmniCube

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
yeah i don't blame butler for wanting out

KAT is the second best big man in the NBA behind AD but he does not play D and wiggins has been an underachiever so far in his career

but i haven't heard anything about butler wanting to be "the guy" on a team. all i've heard is that he wants to team up with another star

Reactions: b1e9a8r5s

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Where have you heard he wants to be the guy instead of be in a winning situation and better city to live in?

Jimmy is a fanatical worker, which is why he likes Thibs and can't stand KAT. He doesn't butt heads with KAT and Wiggins because they are stealing his shine, but because they don't work hard enough for his liking.

I saw the article on Yahoo the other day but don't remember their source so it could very well be "fake news". I agree that it would seem.out of character for Butler to want all the spotlight.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017

Based on the teams he is rumoured to want to go it seems like winning is not a priority at all as they are all worse off than Minnesota.

Now whether that means he wants to be the guy or not may be a stretch but considering he chose teams where he would be the guy and wouldnt win it isn't a stretch.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Based on the teams he is rumoured to want to go it seems like winning is not a priority at all as they are all worse off than Minnesota.

Now whether that means he wants to be the guy or not may be a stretch but considering he chose teams where he would be the guy and wouldnt win it isn't a stretch.

Supposedly his preference is the Clippers. The Wolves won 5 games more than them. Take Butler off Min and put him on LAC and I assure you they are a better team. Plus they have the cap space for another max player.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Supposedly his preference is the Clippers. The Wolves won 5 games more than them. Take Butler off Min and put him on LAC and I assure you they are a better team. Plus they have the cap space for another max player.

How much better? Still not close to being a top team.

And unless that max money is for Lebron they still aren’t close to winning anything.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Clippers with Jimmy and Kawhi/Kyrie would be a top 3-4 team in the west.

They would be 4th at best with zero shot (outside of major injuries) of getting out of the 2nd round and no shot at the title. And they are 4th more because someone has to be 4th rather than being on par with the top 3.

I guess that is slightly better but still not really much and relies on the if of someone else coming there.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009

If you believe what's reported, the issue with KAT and Wiggins is due to work ethic. That is definitely not an issue with Kyrie. Jimmy and Kyrie are close friends and I suspect have been talking about playing together for a long time. The interview Butler did with Bill Simmons last summer is pretty telling.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Clippers would be a great fit for him. If they can get him without giving up Shai, then you do it.

Shai
Butler
Harris
(we need help here)
Gortat

with Lou, Robinson, Bev, Gallinari, etc. coming off the bench. Not great but for losing the likes of CP3, Blake, and DJ in the past few years, it;s not bad.

I think Harris would end up being in any package for Butler, given that he just rejected a contract extension.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
They would be 4th at best with zero shot (outside of major injuries) of getting out of the 2nd round and no shot at the title. And they are 4th more because someone has to be 4th rather than being on par with the top 3.

I guess that is slightly better but still not really much and relies on the if of someone else coming there.
As long as GS is GS, no one has a shot at the title. That can't be the bar for "wanting to win" which is how this condo started.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
As long as GS is GS, no one has a shot at the title. That can't be the bar for "wanting to win" which is how this condo started.

My main point is that with teams he listed it was fair to question his motives as none of them look ready to compete GS or no GS.

I don’t think it definitively says that he doesn’t care about winning but it is different from saying he wants to go to GS, Houston or Boston.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
My main point is that with teams he listed it was fair to question his motives as none of them look ready to compete GS or no GS.

I don’t think it definitively says that he doesn’t care about winning but it is different from saying he wants to go to GS, Houston or Boston.
Hes not going to sign for 5 mil, those teams don't have cap room

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Thibs doesn't want to trade him but it looks like ownership is going to step in and make it happen. Normally you wait as long as you need to for the best deal but in this case I don't think Butler can be in the locker room to start the season. The timing of this was terrible and this should've been a conversation they had with Butler back in July.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
We've kind of forgotten all about Wiggins.

He was supposed to be the next great NBA player and hasn't really lived up to the bill.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

So they're a mess in the locker room and also at the management level. Have to imagine this means Butler will be traded sooner rather than later and Thibs might not be there for too much longer either.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Well hey, this is two locker rooms Jimmy buckets has destroyed, eh?

The guys a cancer.

Remember what, a year ago how the TWolves "fleeced" a Bulls team that just got a corner Stone Raif LaFrenz, a bust in Dunn, and a cripple for Jimmy Butler?

Ah, HFBs.

The only place on the internet that says Jimmy Butler is better then three young players cuz stats

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
We've kind of forgotten all about Wiggins.

He was supposed to be the next great NBA player and hasn't really lived up to the bill.

yeah wiggins's career so far can best be described as meh

pretty disappointing for a guy who had so much hype around him from the time he was in high school

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad