GDT: Jets vs Stars (Mar-18th, 6:30pm) - "Did I ever tell you the one about Buffalo Bill?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Roslo can't pk?

Did you not see what Maurice said..... "I just don't have him killing penalties yet"

He hasn't been used in that role on this team so far but it implies that could happen in the future. I imagine if we stay healthy there will be a rotation of sorts to keep people fresh and rested and also keep players from developing rust.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Did you not see what Maurice said..... "I just don't have him killing penalties yet"

He hasn't been used in that role on this team so far but it implies that could happen in the future. I imagine if we stay healthy there will be a rotation of sorts to keep people fresh and rested and also keep players from developing rust.
I just love the fact that we are back in the position where we need to start scratching NHL'ers again. Any team with cup aspirations needs that. It's a good problem to have scratching a guy who can easily slide into your top 6 :)

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
About 20 years ago I was offered an extra position in a movie with Bill Paxton in Bangkok. Some war movie. I turned it down but buddies all took it.

For 2 weeks they came home pissed out of their skulls from free drinks on set. Their role was to play pool for 10 hours a day in a GI bar.

One of my many life regrets. Never found out the name of movie.

Quite a few years back Dennis Quaid was filming in Winnipeg and out of the blue I get a phone call from people that are doing the movie asking if I want to help out by being a double/stand in (or something like that) for Quaid? I thought it was a prank but it turns out they have people who look for people that resemble these actors to fill in for them in certain scenes. So I decided to go by the try outs just to get a feel for it and it turns out I was one of about 3 Dennis Quaid look a likes and the other two guys needed the money and I already had a day job so I bowed out. Now if they asked me to get drunk and play pool for 10 hours I wouldn't have been so quick to bail. :laugh:

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

I was thinking this as well. When healthy we have more good players than forward spots. Rosie seems the most likely to rest 1st.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Did I miss something about Buff not playing?

Maurice said there would be a game time decision on a couple of D. Enstrom was one. Buff was the only other D who did not skate this morning. It's just speculation, no inside info.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Man, you look at the line combo possibilities with 55 and 17 back and go, "wow".

Its nuts because we have added Roslo and Stas to the previous base that was really good before the injury cycle kicked in.

Reactions: Ducky10

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Quite a few years back Dennis Quaid was filming in Winnipeg and out of the blue I get a phone call from people that are doing the movie asking if I want to help out by being a double/stand in (or something like that) for Quaid? I thought it was a prank but it turns out they have people who look for people that resemble these actors to fill in for them in certain scenes. So I decided to go by the try outs just to get a feel for it and it turns out I was one of about 3 Dennis Quaid look a likes and the other two guys needed the money and I already had a day job so I bowed out. Now if they asked me to get drunk and play pool for 10 hours I wouldn't have been so quick to bail. :laugh:

Just be thankful you don't get calls for Randy Quaid movies. :laugh:

PerryPooley

Dec 28, 2011
Maurice said there would be a game time decision on a couple of D. Enstrom was one. Buff was the only other D who did not skate this morning. It's just speculation, no inside info.
I’m just obsessing over the lineup finally being totally healthy!

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I'd also rest helly and let him play paddy 3 before playoffs.
To me unless we are playing alot of back to back games Helly doesn't need to rest . What is he 24 i think , he has alot of energy . If he was say 36 or 37 , then ya you'd want to rest him . He says he feels great so i think he should play . Now being scared he might get injured , that is a different story because all of our backups are concussed .

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
I think that is a bummer way to award Roslovic after his best game of the season...
With the return to near full health, there were going to be difficult and challenged roster decisions but taking him out after a very productive game is better then after a series of ones that weren't.

It really is part of the process. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad