GDT: Jets vs Stars (Mar-18th, 6:30pm) - "Did I ever tell you the one about Buffalo Bill?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
So the reason to take Roslovic out it's to get 2nd worst PK'r on the Jets statistically back on the PK. Genius Maurice.

I don't think Tanev is that bad. Little, Armia, Hendricks, Scheif all have a worse goals against per 60 minutes of PK ice time. Stastny actually does too but small sample size. Not to bad for a kid whohas the 3rd most PK time for a forward on the team. And the 2nd most blocks of any forward.

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg
I like the move for Little to wing, he's more effective there imo

But Roslovic sitting for Tanev/Copp? Really?

Connor Scheifele Wheeler
Ehlers Stastny Laine
MP Roslovic Little
Tanev Lowry Armia

Would be a way better line up.

Still guys who can kill penalties with Stastny, Little, Tanev, Lowry, Armia, MP, Wheeler, Scheifele

Deedog99

Nov 22, 2016
These last ten games are when you experiment with the lineup. Roll 4 lines and no top guys on the pk please.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
God i hope Buff is good to go . No Buff means more Myers and that's not good for anyone . :laugh:

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Roslovic is mediocre offensive player, nothing else. Useless on d-zone and beyond useless near boards. Tanev really sucks at hockey and even he is more effective than Roslovic.

Yes, of course. This is obvious from the team photos for Roslo, Tanev and Armia. :sarcasm:

images
images
DeVK-K-X2vE.jpg

Reactions: ps241

Jets2point0

Oct 14, 2017
I think that is a bummer way to award Roslovic after his best game of the season...

I think coaches like to deliver these things after a strong game, instead of after a bad one because it can hurt their confidence

Remember the game Petan fell flat on his face (the game he missed the empty net) - maurice played him in the next game to get some of his mojo back and then the reassigned him after that.

Never immediately punish a player after a bad game its better player management to reassign them/scratch them on a high note IMO

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I think coaches like to deliver these things after a strong game, instead of after a bad one because it can hurt their confidence

Remember the game Petan fell flat on his face (the game he missed the empty net) - maurice played him in the next game to get some of his mojo back and then the reassigned him after that.

Never immediately punish a player after a bad game its better player management to reassign them/scratch them on a high note IMO

That does make sense, especially for the younger guys.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Little with 5,3 AAV and 6 years left on his contract is now demoted to 3rd line rw.

Dont even want to know where he plays in 3 years. Maybe Moose 4th line LW?
Stasny won't be here next year
Edit. Isn't little hurt. He couldnt even take faceoffs last game.

kunekune

Feb 17, 2016
Stasny won't be here next year
Edit. Isn't little hurt. He couldnt even take faceoffs last game.
Why is he playing then? They left NHL capable player in the press box. Shouldn't Little be there recovering from injury. Jets don't even need wins.

Also would you like to have Stasny or Little next year? If your answer is Stasny then Jets will lose a better player because they gave Little 6 years.

brock0791

Jul 2, 2015
Little with 5,3 AAV and 6 years left on his contract is now demoted to 3rd line rw.

Dont even want to know where he plays in 3 years. Maybe Moose 4th line LW?

Phil Kessel is top 10 in points and plays on the 3rd line

brock0791

Jul 2, 2015
Phil Kessel is over ppg and Bryan Little is barely 0,5 ppg.

There's a "slight" difference between them.

And Little is 126th in points by forwards. That would average him out at 4th leading scorer by team. Long way from AHL bound

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
This current lineup says nothing of where the team or Little will be in 3 years, it's nothing but a snapshot and likely largely related to the injury that has been hampering him.
Wonder if little is injured if we see roslovic in for little as we rest guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad