GDT: Jets vs Stars (Mar-18th, 6:30pm) - "Did I ever tell you the one about Buffalo Bill?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I don't think Tanev is that bad. Little, Armia, Hendricks, Scheif all have a worse goals against per 60 minutes of PK ice time. Stastny actually does too but small sample size. Not to bad for a kid whohas the 3rd most PK time for a forward on the team. And the 2nd most blocks of any forward.

He is last among forwards on the PK in the following metrics CA/60 FA/60 xGA/60.

Also FREE LOWRY! Why is he playing on the 4th line? He should be the one centering Perreault and Little or at the very least be centering Copp and Armia.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
He is last among forwards on the PK in the following metrics CA/60 FA/60 xGA/60.

Also FREE LOWRY! Why is he playing on the 4th line? He should be the one centering Perreault and Little or at the very least be centering Copp and Armia.

Tanev is purely a sacrificial lamb to get pummelled with shots on the PK at this point.

Lowry has been off for a very long time. This is much like how Maurice introduced Trouba to the lineup. What you see tonight is not what Maurice would run with in the playoffs IMO

WPGChief

May 25, 2017
Winnipeg
jetsnation.ca
9G1u8VX.png

(5v5, score/zone/venue adjusted, NaturalStatTrick.com)

Just a casual reminder that your supposed two best PKers are in fact the absolute worst in terms of number of shots generated against them... and if you can see tiny photos:

PNjkgET.png

xBiXKjE.png

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
9G1u8VX.png

(5v5, score/zone/venue adjusted, NaturalStatTrick.com)

Just a casual reminder that your supposed two best PKers are in fact the absolute worst in terms of number of shots generated against them... and if you can see tiny photos:

PNjkgET.png

xBiXKjE.png

How do they do in GA?

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Little with 5,3 AAV and 6 years left on his contract is now demoted to 3rd line rw.

Dont even want to know where he plays in 3 years. Maybe Moose 4th line LW?

So not only do you think that Little will be on the Moose in 3 years but that he will be on the 4th line and that he also won't be playing his natural position of C and on top of that he will be playing his off wing? :huh:

Tanev is purely a sacrificial lamb to get pummelled with shots on the PK at this point.

Lowry has been off for a very long time. This is much like how Maurice introduced Trouba to the lineup. What you see tonight is not what Maurice would run with in the playoffs IMO

Well I would like to have a player who can help us win in the lineup rather than someone who is just there to get pummeled with shots on the PK. Now, Roslovic hasn't been that great so I am not opposed to him sitting in the PB but both Roslovic and Dano are better options over Tanev.

Reactions: Bigfish

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

True but IMO the only metric that matters is goals against on the PK and he isn't last in that, or even 2nd last. Our PK allows shots from the outside because they are low quality chances. Tanev is great and keeping those shots to the outside. Stats people only see the fact that there are a lot of shots against him when he's on the ice and overlook that there aren't a lot of goals compared to our so called low event guys.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014

Tanev as sacrificial lamb seems kind of faulty logic to me, a kind of self-fulfilling prophecy. If you surrender a ton of shots like he does, you have the possibility of blocking a half ton of shots. Put a better PKer out there and fewer shots are surrendered, needing fewer blocks.

Agree with your Lowry-Trouba comparison. Assuming he stays intact today, he'll soon be back to normal service.

Reactions: FonRiesen

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
This current lineup says nothing of where the team or Little will be in 3 years, it's nothing but a snapshot and likely largely related to the injury that has been hampering him.

I think its also clear Little is dealing with something as he hasn't taken much in the way of faceoffs lately. He will likely go back in the middle when he has healed up a bit.

Reactions: Mathil8

WPGChief

May 25, 2017
Winnipeg
jetsnation.ca
91Lwg6f.png

(4v5 only, score/zone/venue adjusted, forwards only, min 60 minutes over season, sorted by CA/60)

People talking about "bend don't break defense" is giving me bad flashbacks to another Winnipeg team this past season who collapsed mightily in the postseason...

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
True but IMO the only metric that matters is goals against on the PK and he isn't last in that, or even 2nd last. Our PK allows shots from the outside because they are low quality chances. Tanev is great and keeping those shots to the outside. Stats people only see the fact that there are a lot of shots against him when he's on the ice and overlook that there aren't a lot of goals compared to our so called low event guys.

But he doesn't fare well in xGA either which takes into account some of this "shot quality" stuff and his shot heat maps that @WPGChief posted above don't look particularly great.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
So not only do you think that Little will be on the Moose in 3 years but that he will be on the 4th line and that he also won't be playing his natural position of C and on top of that he will be playing his off wing? :huh:

Well I would like to have a player who can help us win in the lineup rather than someone who is just there to get pummeled with shots on the PK. Now, Roslovic hasn't been that great so I am not opposed to him sitting in the PB but both Roslovic and Dano are better options over Tanev.
Dano. Ha! Good joke.

Reactions: Zhamnov5GoalGame

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
But he is the best option to put his body in front of a barrage of shots on the PK

I would prefer to use effective players there. We can already roll Copp, Armia, Statsney, Little, Lowry on the PP. This would negate even needing Tanev, plus we all know Moe can't help himself and will play Chef and Wheeler on the kill anyhow.

Just seems like more silliness from our coach.

Imcanadianeh

Nov 1, 2015

Why use predictive stats that like anything else are flawed instead of using stats based on results? GA/60 at the end of the day is the only thing that matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad