GDT: Jets vs Stars (Mar-18th, 6:30pm) - "Did I ever tell you the one about Buffalo Bill?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
I was kind of hoping to see 55 and 17 back in the lineup tonight but only if they are both 100% ready to return. No real need to rush anybody back at this point.
I would rest everybody.......except that we still need to stay ahead of MN. Pretty important to wrap this up asap.

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
About 20 years ago I was offered an extra position in a movie with Bill Paxton in Bangkok. Some war movie. I turned it down but buddies all took it.

For 2 weeks they came home pissed out of their skulls from free drinks on set. Their role was to play pool for 10 hours a day in a GI bar.

One of my many life regrets. Never found out the name of movie.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
It's all about getting healthy and reinforcing good habits. I don't mind if Lowry and Scheifele sit a few more if they are less than 100% (I doubt Lowry will be at all this year - I'm guessing he goes under the knife this summer).

Reactions: ps241

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
About 20 years ago I was offered an extra position in a movie with Bill Paxton in Bangkok. Some war movie. I turned it down but buddies all took it.

For 2 weeks they came home pissed out of their skulls from free drinks on set. Their role was to play pool for 10 hours a day in a GI bar.

One of my many life regrets. Never found out the name of movie.

A Bright Shining Lie seems like a good possibility.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
It's all about getting healthy and reinforcing good habits. I don't mind if Lowry and Scheifele sit a few more if they are less than 100% (I doubt Lowry will be at all this year - I'm guessing he goes under the knife this summer).

Yesterday the coach said they were 100% He just wanted to make sure they woke up still feeling good.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
And Lurch?
giphy.gif

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Yesterday the coach said they were 100% He just wanted to make sure they woke up still feeling good.
Sure, but do you think Lowry really is ONE HUNDRED percent?

If it's a nagging shoulder injury I don't think so. I've never heard of a shoulder injury that totally healed during the season. Hell, my shoulder still bugs me and I only sprained it back in November.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Sure, but do you think Lowry really is ONE HUNDRED percent?

If it's a nagging shoulder injury I don't think so. I've never heard of a shoulder injury that totally healed during the season. Hell, my shoulder still bugs me and I only sprained it back in November.

There has been speculation lately that it may have been a back injury which would explain why he wasn't skating for a time.

Reactions: Jet

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
So if Brighteyes and Lowsy are ready to go, who comes out??

I would have said Roslo based on the past few games but he was excellent last game. This is tough - Maurice really loves Tanev (as do I). I really don't like the idea of pulling anyone right now. Can we just dress 5 D? :)

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
There has been speculation lately that it may have been a back injury which would explain why he wasn't skating for a time.
Ugh, well that would make sense. I don't know if that is better or worse (so many variables)

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
IMO the team has been ultra cautious and any more would just start frustrating players. I think Trouba was ready for a good week before and he was banging on Mo's door daily to let him back in. I'm guessing Scheif doesn't even miss a game if it was playoffs. You might be right about Lowry but I'm guessing he is as healed as he can be without surgery.

Reactions: Jet

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014

I would have said Roslo based on the past few games but he was excellent last game. This is tough - Maurice really loves Tanev (as do I). I really don't like the idea of pulling anyone right now. Can we just dress 5 D? :)
Tanev and Dano, no brainer.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013

In the past Maurice normally says something like "I haven't told the player(s) yet so I'm not going to tell you before talking to the player(s) first" when asked at a presser. I expect we won't know until warm up.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
These possible lingering injuries to players are going to keep me on the edge of my seat every game. I almost clench more at hits than I do at goal attempts against us.

Going to take a few games of no injuries to get me passed this.

I think it’s probably easier staying healthy after getting everyone back so that we don’t have to push everyone as hard. The players can share the workload more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad