GDT: Jets vs Stars (Mar-18th, 6:30pm) - "Did I ever tell you the one about Buffalo Bill?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
Little is moving to the wing? That can't be right.

Are we sure it's not:

Perreault-little-armia
Copp-Lowry-tanev

???

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
With the Wild closing the gap a bit I wonder if we might see Scheifele and Lowry. Play them on the 3rd and 4th lines...

Connor-Little-Wheeler
Ehlers-Stastny-Laine
Perreault-Scheifele-Armia
Copp-Lowry-Roslovic

What'cha tak'n bout Whilee, if Schief and Lowsy are healthy enough to play I doubt either moves down a line or two!

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Little is moving to the wing? That can't be right.

Are we sure it's not:

Perreault-little-armia
Copp-Lowry-tanev

???

Pretty sure what was quoted came directly from Maurice. Nobody reported line rushes. Little hasn't been taking faceoffs for 1.5 games now.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Little with 5,3 AAV and 6 years left on his contract is now demoted to 3rd line rw.

Dont even want to know where he plays in 3 years. Maybe Moose 4th line LW?
This current lineup says nothing of where the team or Little will be in 3 years, it's nothing but a snapshot and likely largely related to the injury that has been hampering him.

dratbunnies

Nov 23, 2009
Winnipeg Manitoba
Little with 5,3 AAV and 6 years left on his contract is now demoted to 3rd line rw.

Dont even want to know where he plays in 3 years. Maybe Moose 4th line LW?
If you think thats bad, wait till you hear this. Pittsburgh is paying Kessel 6.8 a year for 5 more years to play the exact same position. Hoo-wee thats bad cap management, right?

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I've liked Tanev for the most part but I don't see any dramatic drop off in Roslo's forecheck game and he brings a higher level of skill imo. Pretty similar though, not really going to effect much honestly.

I didn't think Tanev's PK game was all that good last game tbh, he's quick but I felt he got pulled out of his lanes too often. Maybe he was just rusty.
In my mind, the thing that sets Tanev's forecheck apart from practically every other forward on our team is the consistency with which he actually makes meaningful body contact. I think that Maurice is going to value that in a playoff series, it's like death by a thousand bee stings :laugh:

Seriously though, you can see the way he makes the opposition D rush their plays. When most guys forecheck they will skate aggressively but then just swing their stick or give the guy a little bump. Tanev is going in to leave a mark every time, and don't think that doesn't impact a D core.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I like the explanation that perhaps Tanev keeps schief or Wheeler off the penalty kill. Then they are rested and not taking pucks to the ankles.
I also like the fact that the coach recognizes that there are roles to be played and only so many players can play certain roles. Roslovic is obviously going to be a very important player for us (and in the playoffs, no doubt). BUT he has to come in in a role that he is suited for. Tanev is really great at what he does, and I think he's really well suited to that energy 4th line PK role.

Reactions: Howard Chuck

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
This current lineup says nothing of where the team or Little will be in 3 years, it's nothing but a snapshot and likely largely related to the injury that has been hampering him.
I wonder if it's a rotator cuff or something. It seems like he has some issues with his shot, as well as faceoffs.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I've liked Tanev for the most part but I don't see any dramatic drop off in Roslo's forecheck game and he brings a higher level of skill imo. Pretty similar though, not really going to effect much honestly.

I didn't think Tanev's PK game was all that good last game tbh, he's quick but I felt he got pulled out of his lanes too often. Maybe he was just rusty.
What I find interesting is armia and copp over Roslo. Perrault roslo little
Tanev Lowry Armia/copp

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
I wonder if it's a rotator cuff or something. It seems like he has some issues with his shot, as well as faceoffs.

Wonder if it's something that will require off season surgery to correct?

Reactions: Jet

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
I also like the fact that the coach recognizes that there are roles to be played and only so many players can play certain roles. Roslovic is obviously going to be a very important player for us (and in the playoffs, no doubt). BUT he has to come in in a role that he is suited for. Tanev is really great at what he does, and I think he's really well suited to that energy 4th line PK role.
I'm ok with him doing it on that basis, it's too bad Roslo didn't get more PK time in Tanev's absence so that he'd be more able to fill that role however.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I really like our chances of winning with this lineup.....even if Buff and Enstrom are not in the lineup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00