Not open for further replies.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Going back to my comment pre game about playing better lately

This game
Corsi 43.5%
Scf 56%
Hdcf 50%

And Galley saying mid way thru the 3rd the problem Winnipeg is having is Ottawa is always in the lanes.

The scoring chance data has been ok for a while and it seems like Nilsson is making some saves.

I hope we sign Stone and Duchene. I really don't think we're that far away from being competitive

Reactions: swiftwin

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Does boucher not care about rookie development....like, at all?

IMO He'd rather not have any rookies in the line-up .. He'd rather play guys like Pyatt and Dumont over younger guys with potential but not as much experience... He was basically told to play the rookies this year. He very likely won't be back next year but our GM is every bit as inept so all bets are off

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Allowed a ton of shots, but none looked dangerous. Good game, but I'd like us to maybe control possession a bit more
Small steps
But overall against a powerhouse...
Tought we were going to be destroyed like
8-2

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
IMO He'd rather not have any rookies in the line-up .. He'd rather play guys like Pyatt and Dumont over younger guys with potential but not as much experience... He was basically told to play the rookies this year. He very likely won't be back next year but our GM is every bit as inept so all bets are off

Thats exactly the kind of coach you WOULDNT want on a rebuiliding team. Yikes.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Going back to my comment pre game about playing better lately

This game
Corsi 43.5%
Scf 56%
Hdcf 50%

And Galley saying mid way thru the 3rd the problem Winnipeg is having is Ottawa is always in the lanes.

The scoring chance data has been ok for a while and it seems like Nilsson is making some saves.

I hope we sign Stone and Duchene. I really don't think we're that far away from being competitive
We still dead last...

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
So....consensus here seems to be the board likes Nilsson.

How long do you run with him? I'd give him a good run.

Reactions: DrEasy

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Sens are better than their record IMO. So many games where we lose by 1 or had comebacks just fall short. Not a playoff team but Sens, definitely not bottom 5.

Reactions: Tundraman

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
So....consensus here seems to be the board likes Nilsson.

How long do you run with him? I'd give him a good run.

I was hoping Nilsson would play at least the 2nd last game before the mandatory break since he was playing so well but Boucher went with Andy both games and they lost.

Reactions: Crosside

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I was hoping Nilsson would play at least the 2nd last game before the mandatory break since he was playing so well but Boucher went with Andy both games and they lost.
Yep. I was surprised Nilsson played today

The Worst One

Who wants to die?
Oct 5, 2017
I thought Balcers had a good game both offensively and defensively. Might have scored a goal but an assist also is good. What do you think?

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Just run with Nilsson for now.

You play the hot goalie until he falters.

We are not making the playoffs, but we need to make sure our pick is as low as possible.

Why? The pick doesn't matter whatsoever. We don't own it anymore. Really doesn't matter.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Why? The pick doesn't matter whatsoever. We don't own it anymore. Really doesn't matter.
I think it matters to the fanbase. The best thing that could happen for the team is colorado getting the 1st. Then we'd have that 1st pick in every other round. But for the fanbase that is the worst thing that can happen.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
I think it matters to the fanbase. The best thing that could happen for the team is colorado getting the 1st. Then we'd have that 1st pick in every other round. But for the fanbase that is the worst thing that can happen.
The lottery is only for the first round.

A lottery win could help us hit rock bottom, which we may need to do before things change.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010

Just optics. Doesn't change a thing with the actual team. And we're about to trade our best players again, so it's hard to care much about this team right now or where they finish. Good for Colorado if they get 1st overall. I'd rather that. Shows how incompetent our team is.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Nice win! A few comments:

- This "live thread" GDT thing jumbles all the comments, at least for me. Very annoying.

- Nilsson is weird in that he's clumsy with his hands but good with the stick. His size helps him with not getting pushed around in his crease, but doesn't help him with covering a lot of the net. Overall though he's been great. Ride him while he's hot!

- Tierney is not very assertive, but I think he gets his points because his passes are very good.

- Chabot hasn't been his dominant self in the past couple of games.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Not in the marketplace established for NHL stars.

If our owner can’t compete under those circumstances, then he should sell to someone who can/will.

As already explained to you lots of teams can't afford to carry numerous contracts like this. You are not owed anything. [MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: aragorn

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Yep. I was surprised Nilsson played today

Nilsson has his weaknesses but they are fixable. He gives up the top of the net in favor of covering the low part because he goes down so low especially when he is trying to track the puck not just because he goes on his knees but he also lowers the upper part of his body too. When he comes out on top of his crease to challenge that's not a problem because he's so tall. The often used phrase "you can't teach size" is so true with him he covers a lot of net.

He gives up some juicy rebounds but if he's in sync with the D they can cover those up like they did today. They just need to practice and play often together. They seem to have a good handle on that so it may not be as bad as it might seem.

Aside from size he's also very active, agile and athletic for a big man. Unless something changes , I'd like Boucher to at least go 50-50 with Nilsson and Anderson to finish out the year. He deserves it.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Another 46 SOG. Is this another case of the Sens being so good they sat back with their lead and took the pedal off as to not embarrass the other team? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad