Post-Game Talk: JETS vs SENS, Saturday 2:00 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
So....consensus here seems to be the board likes Nilsson.

How long do you run with him? I'd give him a good run.

If you think there's a trade market for Anderson, give him enough starts over the next couple of weeks to maintain confidence in his status as a trade asset.

Otherwise, Nilsson's earned his place on this team, and deserves to be the co-starter at the very least.

LuckyPierre

Jul 1, 2010
Sens are better than their record IMO. So many games where we lose by 1 or had comebacks just fall short. Not a playoff team but Sens, definitely not bottom 5.
Problem is the squad is fully healthy. Factor injuries in to the evaluation, and there is no redundancy or depth to fall back on. This team is what its record is.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Great game, we were relentless on the counter attack.

Funny thing, in here is all relentless doom and gloom, but my buddies in real life who attend games have a great time and don’t obsess over ownership and management. I got pics, vids, and selfies sent all game as usual.

There are definitly thousands of fans out there that are enjoying going to NHL games, they definitly don’t spend any time in here though save for a hand full of you, but it’s nice to see that in the real world we’re not alone.

This was a great game for our UFAs, I hope they all have the warm and fuzzies and sign on the line, either way wins make smiles, and that was a smile worthy game!

Reactions: darnok

Studzle

Dec 1, 2013
Toronto

Funny thing, in here is all relentless doom and gloom, but my buddies in real life who attend games have a great time and don’t obsess over ownership and management. I got pics, vids, and selfies sent all game as usual.

There are definitly thousands of fans out there that are enjoying going to NHL games, they definitly don’t spend any time in here though save for a hand full of you, but it’s nice to see that in the real world we’re not alone.

This was a great game for our UFAs, I hope they all have the warm and fuzzies and sign on the line, either way wins make smiles, and that was a smile worthy game!
Hey man im not going to judge how you spend your time or money.

Personally im not giving Eugene a penny until he shows me he's willing to spend.

I think most on this board aren't shortsighted, especially when we are in a rebuild. Therefor you have to be looking towards the future, which looks bleak.

I guess us "not real world" folk have a hard time hearing on twitter everyday that players don't want to play for our team anymore.

Reactions: bert

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa

I don't know, if I was at the game today I would've enjoyed myself for sure, but people enjoying live NHL hockey doesn't really change anything about the overall sad state of this franchise

sirom

May 17, 2010
We seriously need to try to trade him. I can't see him ever having more trade value. He's such a mediocre player who's benefited from playing a lot with our good players and PP time.
You obviosouly never followed him in San Jose especially the year they went to the SCF. Check out comments from Sharks players when he was traded not HF Board posters! Penguins went after him last year. Wouldn't be surprised if Sharks try and get him back

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Hey man im not going to judge how you spend your time or money.

Personally im not giving Eugene a penny until he shows me he's willing to spend.

I think most on this board aren't shortsighted, especially when we are in a rebuild. Therefor you have to be looking towards the future, which looks bleak.

I guess us "not real world" folk have a hard time hearing on twitter everyday that players don't want to play for our team anymore.

I respect that for sure, it’s just so different between the vibe in here, versus my buddies at the games.

I have typically come here for most of my article related info and discussion, but more and more I’m not seeing much of that anymore.

It’s more like this is a place for bitterness, cynicism, and venting, where as chatting with friends who go to games they seem pretty light and are still enjoying the experience.

I don’t think this board is a collection of especially smart or discerning hockey fans, not anymore, this is a place to complain with virtually unanimous like minded folk. It gives the illusion that all Sens fans are like this, but when you step away from in here you quickly find that they are not.

I have no idea why folks would spend hours on twitter following each other like any one has anything special insight on the team. Social media is pretty lame for the most part in my opinion. Most of the stuff SOA posts is just drivel (no offense to him).

In the real world no one gives overly negative people much of a mind, who has time for that?

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I don't know, if I was at the game today I would've enjoyed myself for sure, but people enjoying live NHL hockey doesn't really change anything about the overall sad state of this franchise

Agreed, but even in the gdts in here there is very little enjoyment, even in solid wins.

It’s ok to see what’s going on at and organizational level and not be stoked, but when it reaches the place where nothing can be enjoyed it can become a problem.

Likely there are lots of people in here just venting, who cheer at games in real life and get pumped. Which is great, it just doesn’t help the toxic environment in here.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Agreed, but even in the gdts in here there is very little enjoyment, even in solid wins.

It’s ok to see what’s going on at and organizational level and not be stoked, but when it reaches the place where nothing can be enjoyed it can become a problem.

Likely there are lots of people in here just venting, who cheer at games in real life and get pumped. Which is great, it just doesn’t help the toxic environment in here.

That's what happens when your team is in last without a lottery pick to look forward to. I don't blame anyone one bit for being more cynical about the team than in the past.

I wasn't reading this gdt much because I was multi-tasking while watching the game but it's not like people are actively rooting against the team or anything - there's just "less enjoyment" because the games mean nothing right now

Reactions: bert

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
That's what happens when your team is in last without a lottery pick to look forward to. I don't blame anyone one bit for being more cynical about the team than in the past.

I wasn't reading this gdt much because I was multi-tasking while watching the game but it's not like people are actively rooting against the team or anything - there's just "less enjoyment" because the games mean nothing right now

Oddly enough there are several people rooting against the team on our board right now.

You know, I don’t mind the cynicism necessarily as I understand it as well, it’s the relentlessness of it, and the need to squash all positivity that gets tiresome.

It’s like you can’t say good game by the guys without being hit with a “boro and Ceci out in he last minute lol” or some such....

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Anywho, this was a great game to show the UFAs what we can do if they stay.

Times running down, man I hope they sign, all three.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Oddly enough there are several people rooting against the team on our board right now.

You know, I don’t mind the cynicism necessarily as I understand it as well, it’s the relentlessness of it, and the need to squash all positivity that gets tiresome.

It’s like you can’t say good game by the guys without being hit with a “boro and Ceci out in he last minute lol” or some such....

This is literally wrong but ok
People want this team to do well, they just don't expect it at this point, because the roster is bad and management is incompetent. No one is happy about losses. Especially not without that 1st rounder - if we had it, you probably would see people celebrating losses (like last season)
I have seen a few people say stuff like they want colorado to get 1st overall to embarrass the Sens - I think that's stupid, but it's not like they're mad when we win or anything. They still want what's best for the actual team itself

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Watching the highlights of game, i have to say that the Jets goaltender really did look like he didn't give two shits today.

Lol.

Nice win by the Sens though. Only got to watch the last 10 minutes of the 3rd period.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Watching the highlights of game, i have to say that the Jets goaltender really did look like he didn't give two ****s today.

Lol.

Nice win by the Sens though. Only got to watch the last 10 minutes of the 3rd period.

I'm surprised by how good Brossoit has been this year (today's game aside) because he was god-awful in Edmonton. Must be the ol' Oilers curse that was making him look bad until he left

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Not sure if anyone else noticed but before and after the Duchene goal Chiarot gave a nice forearm/elbow to Dzingels head followed by one to Duchenes.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
it's not like people are actively rooting against the team or anything

Ya it kind of is like that

Sprinkled with a dash of our D sucks so bad tgat even Laine should pop a couple

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
Finally common sense prevailed. So refreshing to see Stone playing with someone else rather than Brady "Blackhole" Tkachuk.

Now just send him down to AHL where he belongs!

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Ya it kind of is like that

Sprinkled with a dash of our D sucks so bad tgat even Laine should pop a couple

Yes, I did say that. I was expecting it to happen, but wouldn't have been happy if it did. It was a great game yesterday and our D played about as good as you can reasonably expect from them.

Pessimism ≠ rooting against the team

Dino Tkachuk

Ottawa Senators
Jan 6, 2009
Finally common sense prevailed. So refreshing to see Stone playing with someone else rather than Brady "Blackhole" Tkachuk.

Now just send him down to AHL where he belongs!
It's OHL or NHL for Tkachuk. No AHL for him this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad