Post-Game Talk: JETS vs SENS, Saturday 2:00 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dino Tkachuk

Ottawa Senators
Jan 6, 2009
Yes, I did say that. I was expecting it to happen, but wouldn't have been happy if it did. It was a great game yesterday and our D played about as good as you can reasonably expect from them.

Pessimism ≠ rooting against the team
You (edit) expected a player from the other team to "pop a couple". How is that not rooting against your team? It certainly isn't cheering for your team.

Last edited:

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
You literally hoped a player from the other team would "pop a couple". How is that not rooting against your team?
Short term pain (that Melnyk promised) for longterm gain.

The best result for the Sens this season is an unmitigated disaster forcing a full fan revolt.

Dino Tkachuk

Ottawa Senators
Jan 6, 2009

The best result for the Sens this season is an unmitigated disaster forcing a full fan revolt.
...and you get ANY enjoyment out of that? This is supposed to be entertainment and fun and a large part of that starts with your mindset. For those that still just want to enjoy watching their favourite NHL team play hockey, this place is exhausting.

It's why I don't post often, negativity is always "louder" than positivity and social media is the new medium (it used to be the water cooler).

That said, keep doing your thing Ice-Tray for as long as you can. I enjoy your posts.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI

I honestly don’t see a fan “revolt” ever coming it would just be apathy setting in for a lot of fans. Well more fans this if already has. It may achieve the same result you’re looking for, but I just can’t envision any type of revolt.

Just my opinion anyway.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
I honestly don’t see a fan “revolt” ever coming it would just be apathy setting in for a lot of fans. Well more fans this if already has. It may achieve the same result you’re looking for, but I just can’t envision any type of revolt.

Just my opinion anyway.
Ya, not envisioning protests outside the CTC. LOL

Just an empty barn and the owner experiencing the pain he promised was coming.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
You hoped a player from the other team would "pop a couple". How is that not rooting against your team?

You people are absolutely ridiculous. What has happened to reading comprehension?? I said I expected it to happen, I did NOT hope for it.

Dino Tkachuk

Ottawa Senators
Jan 6, 2009
You people are absolutely ridiculous. What has happened to reading comprehension?? I said I expected it to happen, I did NOT hope for it.
I'm not sure who "you people" are but I don't have any problem with reading comprehension. We just cheer for our team differently. I edited my post accordingly.

Last edited:

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
I'm not sure who "you people" are but I don't have any problem with reading comprehension. We just cheer for our team differently. I edited my post accordingly.

I mean... even with the edit your post still looks goofy. Expecting the last place team to give up a couple goals to a top sniper is cheering for the team to lose? That's just ridiculous and makes no sense. The team is bad this year so I didn't think they had much of a chance against Winnipeg. They played great, and I am happy about it.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
...and you get ANY enjoyment out of that? This is supposed to be entertainment and fun and a large part of that starts with your mindset. For those that still just want to enjoy watching their favourite NHL team play hockey, this place is exhausting.

It's why I don't post often, negativity is always "louder" than positivity and social media is the new medium (it used to be the water cooler).

That said, keep doing your thing Ice-Tray for as long as you can. I enjoy your posts.

Thanks flapjack, much appreciated.

This place is important as an out of town fan, and there are still some gems in here :)

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
For those that still just want to enjoy watching their favourite NHL team play hockey, this place is exhausting.

It's why I don't post often

Yes it is. There is an attack pack mentality in here and it's driven many away. Then you see polls like Sensung put up this week that are massively tilted one way and some think this is representative of the fanbase. It isn't. Far too many like you Flapjack that say "i don't post here anymore"

It's unfortunate. The quality of discussion in here has completely gone in the shitter

Dino Tkachuk

Ottawa Senators
Jan 6, 2009
I mean... even with the edit your post still looks goofy. Expecting the last place team to give up a couple goals to a top sniper is cheering for the team to lose? That's just ridiculous and makes no sense.
While I did quote you I could have quoted several other posters as well so this isn't directed solely at you. Your post history shows you fairly balanced in your views.

In the broader context...

Ice-Tray stated
there are several people rooting against the team on our board right now.

You responded
This is literally wrong but ok

As a most recent example, Sensung immediately quoted my post and stated:

Short term pain (that Melnyk promised) for longterm gain. The best result for the Sens this season is an unmitigated disaster forcing a full fan revolt.

This seems to confirm Ice-Tray's thoughts.

In terms of your post, would you consider "our D is terrible, I expect the other team to pot a few" (I couldn't find the exact post so let me know if I misquoted you) to be cheering for the team? I don't.

Last edited:

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
This seems to confirm Ice-Tray's thoughts.

In terms of your post, would you consider "our D is terrible, I expect the other team to pot a few" (I couldn't find the exact post so let me know if I misquoted you) to be cheering for the team? I don't.
His stating his opinion ( backed up by every relevant stat) that our d is terrible and he expects the team to pot a few is not cheering against the team. Its dealing with reality.

Ice-tray claimed many posters cheering against the team. You have provided evidence of one poster who is cheering for team failure, but still happy with individual success.

Reactions: Deku

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
His stating his opinion ( backed up by every relevant stat) that our d is terrible and he expects the team to 0ot a few is not cheering against the team. Its dealing with reality.

Ice-tray claimed many posters cheering against the team. You have provided evidence of one poster who is cheering for team failure, but still happy with individual success.

I was going to say pretty much exactly this :thumbu:

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
It's OHL or NHL for Tkachuk. No AHL for him this year.

This is not correct. Tkachuk was drafted out of College and can freely go to the AHL.

He could have chosen to go to the OHL, and London held his rights, but he wasn't drafted out of the OHL and thus has no obligation to go there.

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
I havent seen groups of people in public encouraging melnyk out, or a bunch of "cool people" wearing melnyk out hats at the movie theater. It's a group of online people that don't have the same reflection as the general public.

We kicked the Jets ass yesterday and look at what people are talking about. Petty bickering to fit there narratives.

Regarding the sens finances, a bunch of you said this wasn't a rebuild, and that Melnyk won't spend,then he publicly admits he will spend and STILL people continue.

Last edited:
Reactions: coladin and JD1

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
[MOD qdp]

Our team sucks, the owner is a cheapo liar, our GM is in over his head, the coach has checked out, our best players are halfway out the door, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.

fzw.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Dino Tkachuk

Ottawa Senators
Jan 6, 2009
This is not correct. Tkachuk was drafted out of College and can freely go to the AHL.

He could have chosen to go to the OHL, and London held his rights, but he wasn't drafted out of the OHL and thus has no obligation to go there.
Interesting. I remember reading in the early days that the AHL wasn't an option.

Definitely changes things for me and a short stint might be in the cards. I don't feel like he's been terrible but I would really like to see him dominate a league. I think it would be good for him.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
BT also has to deserve a demotion.

If he started the season in the AHL being up here would be a reward, and sending him back would be fine. Since he started in the NHL being sent down would be a demotion, and he would have to deserve it.

In my opinion he is busting ass every game, getting chances, and generally putting in top level effort at all times. His numbers also indicate that he can play in this league, so what would be the reason. People get hung up on the idea that playing in a lower league means that a player will magically develop into a better player in a higher league. This is not a rule, rather each player needs a specific development path that caters to the personally. Especially your top prospects, they will have a very specific plan in place.

There is value in letting a guy play through his slumps and regain his confidence. A demotion is more of a punishment when you have been an NHL player and wouldn’t be helpful in my opinion.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Interesting. I remember reading in the early days that the AHL wasn't an option.

Definitely changes things for me and a short stint might be in the cards. I don't feel like he's been terrible but I would really like to see him dominate a league. I think it would be good for him.

It would be nice if Belleville could go on a run and make the playoffs, then Tkachuk could join them for that.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
BT also has to deserve a demotion.

If he started the season in the AHL being up here would be a reward, and sending him back would be fine. Since he started in the NHL being sent down would be a demotion, and he would have to deserve it.

In my opinion he is busting ass every game, getting chances, and generally putting in top level effort at all times. His numbers also indicate that he can play in this league, so what would be the reason. People get hung up on the idea that playing in a lower league means that a player will magically develop into a better player in a higher league. This is not a rule, rather each player needs a specific development path that caters to the personally. Especially your top prospects, they will have a very specific plan in place.

There is value in letting a guy play through his slumps and regain his confidence. A demotion is more of a punishment when you have been an NHL player and wouldn’t be helpful in my opinion.

I agree, he is obviously very capable at this level. His production shows it and the eye test shows it. I would only want to see him in Belleville if they somehow made the playoffs after the NHL season ends.

I also feel like we haven't been using him in front of the net on the powerplay enough lately. I don't know why he isn't on the first powerplay unit, instead of the second unit that can't even set up and take advantage of his net-front presence.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I agree, he is obviously very capable at this level. His production shows it and the eye test shows it. I would only want to see him in Belleville if they somehow made the playoffs after the NHL season ends.

I also feel like we haven't been using him in front of the net on the powerplay enough lately. I don't know why he isn't on the first powerplay unit, instead of the second unit that can't even set up and take advantage of his net-front presence.

Agreed, and a nice Belleville playoff run could be good for the kids to all bond over something real as well.

Money wouldn’t be an issue either since the players aren’t paid for the playoffs so he wouldn’t have to take a hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad