Status
Not open for further replies.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Dano, Matthias have bad tudes too?

Matthias just isn't very good lately and in some cases it's been mentioned Dano does have some personality warts. Apparently him and Quennville did not get a long at all if you talk to many Hawks fans. I have a feeling if he was still in Columbus he would have some issues with Torts as well. With that being said Roslovic should have been in over anyone not named Perreault.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Yeah honestly I have a great time speculating with everyone around here as long as we all know it's pure 100% speculation. None of us really know what goes on in that room and for all we know Perreault could have said something about Mo's hair or lack thereof. But going on what I do know about the dressing room and how things are playing out. And also how things have played out in that room. It should all be smoothed over soon.
I go back to my experience in the room as well when I speculate how things are playing out behind closed doors. It is actually one of the most enjoyable subjects to speculate about IMO.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Sounds like him :laugh:
Matty is heart and soul
On and off the ice

That's the thing. He gives it his all and if his one ice behavior is any indication of his real life behavior. He doesn't back down to anyone. Guy may be small but he doesn't take shit from anyone out there and I'd imagine if he was unhappy with something he will comment on it.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
That's the thing. He gives it his all and if his one ice behavior is any indication of his real life behavior. He doesn't back down to anyone. Guy may be small but he doesn't take **** from anyone out there and I'd imagine if he was unhappy with something he will comment on it.
He’s like my little terrier an 18 pounder
Took on my Border Collie mix at 75 lbs and didn’t yield at all even after a chunk of his nose got taken :nod:

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I go back to my experience in the room as well when I speculate how things are playing out behind closed doors. It is actually one of the most enjoyable subjects to speculate about IMO.

I think it's because it's one of the few things in professional hockey we can actually relate to. Very few of us know whats it's like playing in front of 16,245 screaming fans. Or going into a 17,113 capacity away arena where they all chant "you suck!" in unison. Or the practice and dedication it takes to be among the very best in the league. Or how it feels to score a game winning goal in the playoffs in front of a whiteout crowd. But there is definitely one thing we do know about and that is the brotherhood that exists within the confines of a locker room. And the dynamics and politics that are associated with that brotherhood. And how if that brotherhood is out of sync it can lead to a lot of issues on the ice. We know about that and I think it makes us a bit more comfortable in commenting on it.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
He’s like my little terrier an 18 pounder
Took on my Border Collie mix at 75 lbs and didn’t yield at all even after a chunk of his nose got taken :nod:

That's exactly how Frenchy approaches things. Like Buff and Wheeler, he actually plays better when you take a chunk out of him.

Reactions: Eyeseeing

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I've noticed this from MP before. We know the Jets want to try and keep ego's out of the room. Especially after Kane-gate. And I think Wheeler is far more of a leader then we give him credit for in keeping guys in check.

There was some comments about the Trouba situation from MP that were a little off. Specifically when you compared it to everyone else. Especially Wheeler, Scheif and Buffs comments.

Reading between the lines they where all just as pissed at Trouba but they handled it with far more tact knowing that Trouba would eventually return to the room and that they would need to re-integrate him seamlessly.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I've noticed this from MP before. We know the Jets want to try and keep ego's out of the room. Especially after Kane-gate. And I think Wheeler is far more of a leader then we give him credit for in keeping guys in check.

There was some comments about the Trouba situation from MP that were a little off. Specifically when you compared it to everyone else. Especially Wheeler, Scheif and Buffs comments.
Agree about Wheeler. I'm really appreciating just how good a captain he is.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Reading between the lines they where all just as pissed at Trouba but they handled it with far more tact knowing that Trouba would eventually return to the room and that they would need to re-integrate him seamlessly.

Yeah and I think that is really telling of Perreault is that he doesn't put the skeletons in the closet. He likes everyone to see them for what they are. Even if the skeleton is himself sometimes.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Agree about Wheeler. I'm really appreciating just how good a captain he is.

As much as I liked Ladd. I think Wheeler is a far better captain in every way that I can see. The way he handled Laine's own goal, or the Trouba situation, the media or even him and his wife's philanthropic endeavors outside of the Jets. He is a natural leader.

Reactions: Afterburner

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Yeah and I think that is really telling of Perreault is that he doesn't put the skeletons in the closet. He likes everyone to see them for what they are. Even if the skeleton is himself sometimes.

Yup Perrault wears his emotions on his sleves, always has and there is nothing wrong with it. You just don't want him to be in charge in the room as there are times for emotion and times to be political and tactful. Good leaders know the right time to use each,

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I'd agree with this. Scheifele could write a manual on the most appropriate hockey culture response to any situation.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Yup Perrault wears his emotions on his sleves, always has and there is nothing wrong with it. You just don't want him to be in charge in the room as there are times for emotion and times to be political and tactful. Good leaders know the right time to use each,

Which is why he will never wear a letter but there is nothing wrong with that. You watch Wheels, Scheif and Buff and how the handled the media with the Trouba situation and you can tell why they were perfect picks for the job.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
As much as I liked Ladd. I think Wheeler is a far better captain in every way that I can see. The way he handled Laine's own goal, or the Trouba situation, the media or even him and his wife's philanthropic endeavors outside of the Jets. He is a natural leader.

I must have missed this, what is she spearheading?

I also agree with you, Wheeler has been a fantastic captain. He's been better than I thought he would be, and I think him being the captain has really helped him grow as an individual.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Which is why he will never wear a letter but there is nothing wrong with that. You watch Wheels, Scheif and Buff and how the handled the media with the Trouba situation and you can tell why they were perfect picks for the job.
Yup. I think we will see nothing but peace and love in Jets land tomorrow. Maurice will announce MP is good to go after the game day skate. Matty will talk about how good it will to be back in the lineup, throw in a couple cliches and off we go.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I must have missed this, what is she spearheading?

I also agree with you, Wheeler has been a fantastic captain. He's been better than I thought he would be, and I think him being the captain has really helped him grow as an individual.

Her name is Sam Wheeler, she's done a few things for the Jets as well as outside of the org but as of now she is mostly dedicated to the Jets charity drives.

Board of Directors - Sam Wheeler

She's on the board of directors for the Jets and heads the True North Youth Foundation. If you follow her on twitter like 99% of her posts are charity related. Seems like a gal with a big heart which is probably why Wheeler is a big softie.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Yup. I think we will see nothing but peace and love in Jets land tomorrow. Maurice will announce MP is good to go after the game day skate. Matty will talk about how good it will to be back in the lineup, throw in a couple cliches and off we go.

I agree. We seem to be good at smoothing things over with this leadership group.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Feels like the winner of game 5 is going to win the series. Both teams are so tough to beat twice in a row.

Warning - I “may” have to bail on the GDT. I’m in Surrey BC for the weekend and had some work emergencies as well. If I am able to pull it off it will be my first on location GDT. If anyone wants to jump in here let me know. I’ll be back on track for sure for Game 6.

Reactions: one other person

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Mathieu Perrault is a fiery player. Mathieu Perrault Is a passionate player. Mathieu Perrault cares deeply about the team. If Mathieu Perrault says that Matthieu Perrault is ready to play, Mathieu Perrault is ready to play. In fact, Mathi

cGHF6pe.gif

Reactions: one other person
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad