Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs Preds - Sat May 5 8:30pm CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Thought hearing it softened the words over reading it in print IMO. MP is just a very open guy and doesn't have as finely tuned filter as most vets. My guess it was a little damage control so we can go into game 5 without any lingering baggage.
Perhaps.

I just don't think you add fuel to the fire, it is already out there.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Are all NHL coaches on the spectrum? I know I have my shortcomings professionally, and they would probably shine brightly if I was competing against the 31 best in my field. It's probably a very good reason I would get fired and never have the opportunity again.

This is not proper evidence but it feels like I have heard every fan base complain about this same problem.

Last edited:

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
You have to wonder what Perreault said to get on Mo's **** list.
I don't think he is on Mo's **** list. MP just not keeping it behind closed doors as others. I go back to Mo's comments on Trouba coming to his office everyday for a week making his case he was ready to go. None of us had any clue about that until Maurice shared in public. If Trouba spent the week making public comments he was ready we would be having a **** storm around here that Mo preferred to give Myers Trouba's minutes. Same idea with Laine's foot injury.

Reactions: Cellee

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
That's my thought as well. He is dangerously close to crossing the line of putting himself before the team and steering towards controversy. It doesn't matter if he is right or wrong everything stays behind closed doors. Hockey players are usually very well tuned into this well before they get to the NHL. Listening to the comments they aren't quite as strong as they appear in print.
He’s not putting himself before the team.
He said he was ready like any good competitor would do.
We didn’t lose because Hendricks per se.
Maurice had the opportunity to ice the best line up possible and he did not.
Game 5 is tomorrow
Rectify that error and let’s get a W

Coach

Dec 18, 2010
Even if you don't agree that saying he would not insert two guys coming back from injury at the same time is clear. Why would the Jets post an interview with Perrault talking aboutthe impact he would bring to the lineup? Just to create drama?
I doubt the coach has told the Jets Media to post a Perrault interview because he will play tomorrow (I doubt they are in the know) . Not even sure if the coach has even decided the lineup yet for tomorrow night.
Perrault was also interviewed yesterday and wasn't in the line up.
I agree logically it would be stupid not to put Perrault in tomorrow but no less stupid than it was to not play him last night.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I don't think he is on Mo's **** list. MP just not keeping it behind closed doors as others. I go back to Mo's comments on Trouba coming to his office everyday for a week making his case he was ready to go. None of us had any clue about that until Maurice shared in public. If Trouba spent the week making public comments he was ready we would be having a **** storm around here that Mo preferred to give Myers Trouba's minutes. Same idea with Laine's foot injury.

I think a fair bit of it comes down to Perreault's ego. Which it's apparent he has a bit of one if you follow him on social media. Mo hates when guys put themselves above the team. But it's hard not to be in Perreault's corner considering his usage this year.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
He’s not putting himself before the team.
He said he was ready like any good competitor would do.
We didn’t lose because Hendricks per se.
Maurice had the opportunity to ice the best line up possible and he did not.
Game 5 is tomorrow
Rectify that error and let’s get a W
See my post above. Hockey players live by a culture of keeping everything in the room. You can say what you need to say but behind closed doors. That's why we here nothing but platitudes and cliches from players in public. Just look at what we are all focusing on the day before the most crucial game of the season. Right now players are closing off the room and shutting out the world.

Reactions: mondo3

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
I think a fair bit of it comes down to Perreault's ego. Which it's apparent he has a bit of one if you follow him on social media. Mo hates when guys put themselves above the team. But it's hard not to be in Perreault's corner considering his usage this year.
I think it comes down to Maurice peeing on our legs and telling us it’s raining.
Why didn’t Maurice give Murat a real answer?
If he says Hendricks gives us the best to chance to win , he alienates Matty and Roslovic.
If he says the they weren’t ready then he’s throwing the medical staff under the bus.
Which is it Mo ?

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
See my post above. Hockey players live by a culture of keeping everything in the room. You can say what you need to say but behind closed doors. That's why we here nothing but platitudes and cliches from players in public. Just look at what we are all focusing on the day before the most crucial game of the season. Right now players are closing off the room and shutting out the world.
They also used to live through playing through concussions too.
It’s 2018 not 1955

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I think the team has spent the day circling the wagons and making nice in the room. Again I think Maurice quite likes MP by any comment I'v ever heard and was reserved about putting him back in.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
I doubt the coach has told the Jets Media to post a Perrault interview because he will play tomorrow (I doubt they are in the know) . Not even sure if the coach has even decided the lineup yet for tomorrow night.
Perrault was also interviewed yesterday and wasn't in the line up.
I agree logically it would be stupid not to put Perrault in tomorrow but no less stupid than it was to not play him last night.
Would they even make him available?

I don't know. Guess we know for sure tomorrow.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I think it comes down to Maurice peeing on our legs and telling us it’s raining.
Why didn’t Maurice give Murat a real answer?
If he says Hendricks gives us the best to chance to win , he alienates Matty and Roslovic.
If he says the they weren’t ready then he’s throwing the medical staff under the bus.
Which is it Mo ?

He answered the question of why Perreault wasn't in just previous to that.
He kept him out because of a conversation they had in the morning skate. Which I could imagine was not a good one. Perreault doesn't shy away from commenting on things and he may have tried to make a fool of the coach in practice which usually doesn't help you or the team.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I think the team has spent the day circling the wagons and making nice in the room. Again I think Maurice quite likes MP by any comment I'v ever heard and was reserved about putting him back in.

I agree. I'm just going based off what I know of my playing days. Typically only two things get you benched in practice and the most logical one is trying to undermine the coach in front of everyone. When two ego's clash the one with all the power usually wins.

Coach

Dec 18, 2010
But this is the first time he has come close to questioning a coach's decision in public, other times were comments on other players. My guess is someone will remind him of this (Wheeler, Buff?), then him and Mo will smooth it over behind the scenes and he will be back in tomorrow. Every comment Mo has made about MP over the years suggest he is fond of him and sees him as part of the core group.
Not sure if you are left off the starting lineup once you have returned to full health could be perceived as a vote of confidence by any athlete in a similar situation. Perrault hasn't done anything wrong but I can't see how anyone would see this as a vote of confidence.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
I agree. I'm just going based off what I know of my playing days. Typically only two things get you benched in practice and the most logical one is trying to undermine the coach in front of everyone. When two ego's clash the one with all the power usually wins.
And if that is how’s it going to be then Maurice is putting himself before the team...
That knife cuts both ways

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Agreed. And hierarchy will be restored and all will be forgotten. I'd have to imagine Blake would have waded in today with MP and pulled in the reigns.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
And if that is how’s it going to be then Maurice is putting himself before the team...
That knife cuts both ways

Absolutely true. But you can't undermine the coach in practice. You just can't do it. And as a coach you can't let that go unpunished either as other players see that, especially young ones and start to think that it's okay. Then you lose the room and you are out of a job.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Absolutely true. But you can't undermine the coach in practice. You just can't do it. And as a coach you can't let that go unpunished either as other players see that, especially young ones and start to think that it's okay. Then you lose the room and you are out of a job.
We don’t know exactly how it’s playing out but it’s a cool discussion topic for sure.
Hopefully the line up is the best possible one and we all move on after a victory in Nashville

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Agreed. And hierarchy will be restored and all will be forgotten. I'd have to imagine Blake would have waded in today with MP and pulled in the reigns.

I've noticed this from MP before. We know the Jets want to try and keep ego's out of the room. Especially after Kane-gate. And I think Wheeler is far more of a leader then we give him credit for in keeping guys in check.

There was some comments about the Trouba situation from MP that were a little off. Specifically when you compared it to everyone else. Especially Wheeler, Scheif and Buffs comments.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
We don’t know exactly how it’s playing out but it’s a cool discussion topic for sure.
Hopefully the line up is the best possible one and we all move on after a victory in Nashville

Yeah honestly I have a great time speculating with everyone around here as long as we all know it's pure 100% speculation. None of us really know what goes on in that room and for all we know Perreault could have said something about Mo's hair or lack thereof. But going on what I do know about the dressing room and how things are playing out. And also how things have played out in that room. It should all be smoothed over soon.

Reactions: Eyeseeing

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
That was part of the culture they lived by.
Matty has spoken out before and personally I like that.
Now imagine at the other end of the spectrum, if every player commented on a daily bases on what they think there usage should be, there thoughts on how others contribute or don't contribute to success etc. I always go back to the Don Matthews quote: "A team isn't a democracy, it is a dictatorship and I'm the head Dick".

Reactions: Eyeseeing

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Now imagine at the other end of the spectrum, if every player commented on a daily bases on what they think there usage should be, there thoughts on how others contribute or don't contribute to success etc. I always go back to the Don Matthews quote: "A team isn't a democracy, it is a dictatorship and I'm the head Dick".
Sounds like him :laugh:
Matty is heart and soul
On and off the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad