GDT: Jets vs Knights - Round 3 Game 1 - May 12th, 6pm - "Pinwright's Progress"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Vegas shooting % has been worse than ours this post season, and in the regular season, so anyone using that as an argument for Vegas is just wrong.

If anyone's subbed :

https://theathletic.com/351095/2018/05/11/by-the-numbers-winnipeg-jets-vs-vegas-golden-knights-series-preview/?redirected=1

Jets : 8.4 regular
7.8 playoffs

Knights : 8.3 regular
7.5 playoffs
Well that makes me laugh even harder. All I've been hearing is how few opportunities they need to score. That obviously makes no sense.

Thanks for providing the numbers.

YoyiBear

Mar 12, 2018
Hope all is okay, but his last post or close to it he said something along the lines of needing a break from here so he could enjoy the rest of the playoffs. It was at the end of a long exchange with some real down in the mud negative themes he was debating.
I've lurked since year 1 of jets 2.0... I finally had enough of some posters this season. A great team, lots of wins and still s***ing on players and coach. I registered just to use ignore feature. I recommend it, has made this board fun again. Though maybe cilantro would have helped too? :huh:

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
I wouldn't be surprised if Jets lose tonight as they are just coming off a tough series, and it feels like Vegas has been resting for weeks.

But I fully expect the Jets to compete and win overall.

Reactions: Jetfaninflorida

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Not different enough to change anything about a Jets-Knights series.
Dane is right all statistics don't make any difference for the beginning of a new series. Their shooting percentage and save percentage mean nothing, Laine's 43 goals over the season mean nothing. All that means anything is what happens in the series.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Well that makes me laugh even harder. All I've been hearing is how few opportunities they need to score. That obviously makes no sense.

Thanks for providing the numbers.

Dom did a pretty great breakdown of the series, if you're not subbed to the Athletic I'd highly recommend it. Finally jumped on the wagon myself just recently after seeing a good deal, absolutely worth it so far and will be looking forward to all of the analytics led articles leading up to the draft.

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
For this of you who could use a new prayer
2mm95id.jpg
Amen!

Reactions: GNP

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Vegas is such a weird team. I feel like so much of their success rides on the locker room narrative that they are eternal underdogs and castaways. It puts a lot less pressure on them to win. They can just play the game.

We have to treat this team like the team it is. Full of vets and young guys succeeding and playing an uptempo speed game. They have more combined playoff experience then we do. We are the underdogs here.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Dom did a pretty great breakdown of the series, if you're not subbed to the Athletic I'd highly recommend it. Finally jumped on the wagon myself just recently after seeing a good deal, absolutely worth it so far and will be looking forward to all of the analytics led articles leading up to the draft.
I do have a sub, haven't got around to that one. Thanks for the heads up.

Reactions: MardyBum

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
I also would not be surprised if tonight does not look like our best game. It has been a while since we have seen Vegas. They play different/faster. They have had more time with the tape to prepare. Galant is good with system/strategy. And they should have fresher legs since we have just come off of a tough 7 game series.

In a way, I am kind of expecting not the best from us tonight just due to circumstances. They are kind of stacked against us. If we win tonight, I feel like it could be a short series.

Reactions: sipowicz

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Yeah I was feeling pretty burned out after game 6 myself. I sort of "detached" for a day and came to terms with where we were at and adopted more of a "whatever happens happens" perspective...

Yep. I did the same, completely unplugged myself from the hockey universe after game 6 till the beginning of Game 7. Part of it was a defense mechanism to not feel too disappointed if the Jets were eliminated.

Playoffs are a stressful beast, by the end of the series I could't even bring myself to watch the games live. I have no idea how fans of other teams that make the post-season every year do it. Maybe it gets easier after a while.

Reactions: Festinator

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
I also would not be surprised if tonight does not look like our best game. It has been a while since we have seen Vegas. They play different/faster. They have had more time with the tape to prepare. Galant is good with system/strategy. And they should have fresher legs since we have just come off of a tough 7 game series.

In a way, I am kind of expecting not the best from us tonight just due to circumstances. They are kind of stacked against us. If we win tonight, I feel like it could be a short series.
and Vegas had a hot goalie that hasn't played a game in almost a week.
and their players have had rest and practice but may be rusty.

see how narratives work?

Reactions: Scheifelaine

Farmboy Patty

Senior Hockey Analyst
Nov 2, 2017
and Vegas had a hot goalie that hasn't played a game in almost a week.
and their players have had rest and practice but may be rusty.

see how narratives work?
Having a week off against a team that played two nights ago can actually be a disadvantage in the start of the game. I expect the Jets to overwhelm VGK in the first period and hopefully be up by a goal or two going into the intermission.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I'd love to be a fly on the wall at the NHL Head Office in NY.

NHL Cronie:

• WOW The Knights are off to a GREAT start! This is so good for hockey in the south and Vegas, specifically! Maybe we can save the Coyotes after all!
  • Midway through the season: Holy shit! Still going strong! I guess our messing with the expansion rules were super effective! This should ensure a good fan base for years to come - mission accomplished
  • Near the end of the year when Vegas was fighting for #1 OA: OK, well, it's been great but really, we're starting to look like a bit of a joke, here. An expansion team making the playoffs is crazy enough - but they can't be 1OA
  • Round 1: f***
  • Round 2: f***
  • Round 3: Please help us, Jets.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Remember its only one game ... win or lose lets not get carried away on the boards. Every ones hates cocky fans and the real Jets fans hate it when Jet players are called down for making a mistake.
Enjoy the moment we have been waiting a long time for this and we are only half way there.:D
bmFzAKw.jpg

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
Vegas fans are pretty damn confident. Lots of outsiders in there too cheering against us. Winnipeg vs. the World. I hope we bring the pain to them.

Why wouldn't Vegas fans be confident? Their team has yet to fail up to this point.
New team.
Win Pacific - check
Win 1st PO round - check
Winn 2nd PO round - check

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad