GDT: Jets vs Knights - Round 3 Game 1 - May 12th, 6pm - "Pinwright's Progress"

Status
Not open for further replies.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
In early November, I was posting that Vegas was for real. In a polite way, many people here called me crazy. Over and over again. Now we meet in the WCF.

I also said at that time that Vegas was a better overall team. I was shredded here like cheddar cheese on a baked potato. I said that we had a better roster, but when you add in coaching Vegas was better. The standings at that time bore that out.

But we finished the season strong. The addition of Stastny was a very significant add, more so than Morrow. Morrow was a good add for depth (better than I thought) and helped significantly through our injury stretch, but Stastny makes us a 1a 1b team. We are a better overall team now, even though they still have the best coach. Our elevation in the standings reflected that as well.

This will be a tough series because yes Vegas is for real - has been all year. But this is one where if our coach doesn't make crazy ass stupid decisions, we got this. Playing Grampa McPylon falls into the crazy ass stupid category against a speed team like Vegas. No Grampa this series please.

Go Jets Go!

Good stuff!

One more thing to add to the mix: We are as healthy now (or healthier) as we have ever been in the regular season. It was a long series with Nashville, but I think we can handle that (lack of rest) too. Just my hunch.

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
Thank you Zham! Love your GDTs

to my fellow jets fans: this is new territory for all of us. Things will get tense but let's remember to enjoy the ride. This is an awesome time for jets fans around the world. I'm so proud we have an organization that built our team the right way

My worry with Vegas is how rested they may be

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Jeez GNP.......I say that twice a week. Kumbaya is for Woodstock not for a hockey forum. Miss Aavco’s posts as he was often the voice of reason but I would bet that he is looking in a bit from time to time. This forum is cheaper than heroin but way more addicting.

Hey Larmex--always good to hear from my good buddy out in Mexico !!! I hope JET is really fired up for this series. I know he hasn't had much of a break from the last series, but hopefully you picked a playoff dog with some longevity. You were right in getting JET for us--he's turned out to be a lucky dog.

Yes--I miss Aavco--he would always "correct me" on the player's contract situations--I think he knew more than the General Manager. Also --I didn't have to search to see who was playing or injured, as he would post that everyday. He certainly had a sharp mind--I'll tell ya.

I think your right--I'll bet he checks in on here-- just to keep up to date, and see if he's missed ???

I wonder how you can get into Hockey being in such a hot place like Mexico--the temperature there is probably around + 28 C right now, and it's only morning, and will likely go to +33 C later today. I want to send you a personal message with some questions about Mexico. I was in Puerto Vallharta several times, and Accapulco and loved it there --loved the sun and ocean, and need to go back.

Can't handle the food though--gave me stomach gas :(

Hope you enjoy the game tonight--"and have JET ready" :)

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
So does Mo resist his temptation to get Gramps into the lineup?

Jets need to stick together and they should be alright!

A win tonight is a must!

Reactions: Jetfaninflorida

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Expect big games from the dynamic duo after they took the Preds series off!

Well at least dopey Laine partially woke up in game 7!

Ehlers hasn’t shown that he is a playoff performer yet!

Tanev, Copp, Lowry, Armia, Perreault need to chip in offensively!

Reactions: Jetfaninflorida

Farmboy Patty

Senior Hockey Analyst
Nov 2, 2017
We win this game and series if the following happens:

We move our feet and roll 4 lines (crucial against VGK), simple play in our own end, Buff flattens Neal (in every game, preferrably. He's a dirty ****), Helle plays up to his standards with no consecutive losses. They can't match our firepower and we are just as fast as they are with 4 good lines. I like our odds!

Reactions: Jets 31 and GNP

HaveKnifeWillButcher

Apr 23, 2018
I believe one of Aavco's last posts --went something like this-- " I'm outa here -- you guys are going to have to get by without me." I do think he was arguing with a couple trolls before he made that last post.
I've given up on everything else. My only goal left in life is to have my absence from a hockey message board noted and mourned.

Reactions: ulf and GNP

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Expect big games from the dynamic duo after they took the Preds series off!

Well at least dopey Laine partially woke up in game 7!

Ehlers hasn’t shown that he is a playoff performer yet!

Tanev, Copp, Lowry, Armia, Perreault need to chip in offensively!

Not really -
They need to continue with their strong cycle / possession game - that's what they do.

I'm with on Ehlers / Laine - they need to step up.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
I love how the Knights sky high shooting percentage is a sign of their "quick strike" offense, and not something that might regress.

Shooting % is about the only thing that might not be real about them. It's held up all season, why would it drop suddenly now? Just because they're playing the Jets? In the offensive zone they move the puck extremely well with lots of movement to open areas and quick, accurate passes. They've shown all season they have formidable offense, whether they have "stars" or not.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Shooting % is about the only thing that might not be real about them. It's held up all season, why would it drop suddenly now? Just because they're playing the Jets? In the offensive zone they move the puck extremely well with lots of movement to open areas and quick, accurate passes. They've shown all season they have formidable offense, whether they have "stars" or not.
I like our chances against statistical anomalies. 7 game series are small samples, it could easily change.

Instincts

Jan 11, 2012
Hopefully the boyz are resting. That is most important for the team right now.
Fly JETS Fly
a1pctj.jpg

Reactions: Jets 31

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Vegas fans are pretty damn confident. Lots of outsiders in there too cheering against us. Winnipeg vs. the World. I hope we bring the pain to them.

Reactions: Jets 31 and SUX2BU

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I wonder what the Jets shooting percentage might have been if we got to play Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver 15-18 times?

Vegas shooting % has been worse than ours this post season, and in the regular season, so anyone using that as an argument for Vegas is just wrong.

If anyone's subbed :

https://theathletic.com/351095/2018/05/11/by-the-numbers-winnipeg-jets-vs-vegas-golden-knights-series-preview/?redirected=1

Jets : 8.4 regular
7.8 playoffs

Knights : 8.3 regular
7.5 playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad