GDT: Jets vs Knights - Round 3 Game 1 - May 12th, 6pm - "Pinwright's Progress"

Status
Not open for further replies.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
It would be really awesome to see the second line wingers come out tonight and make up for lost time.
Tonight's a toss up IMO - we should be tired.
Regardless - GJG - show 'em what speed, skill and size is like to play against!

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
He got pissed off in a thread (Likely about Hendricks) and said he might not be back for a while or something like that.

I hope to see him back soon as he is a great poster, but this place has been intense at times these playoffs so its understandable if some posters want to take a break!

I'm looking forward to the game tonight. We can't get complacent as the Knights don't know the meaning of the word quit, we have to keep pushing all game and all series.

That is unfortunate

I have to admit things have gotten intense here (understandably) and I avoided the place after our game 6 loss for a couple of days and it helped drop my stress level down. I also didn’t listen to 1290 either. I unplugged from all things hockey from when I woke up after the game 6 loss until the puck dropped for game 7 and it was great. When the stakes are this high it can bring the best and worst out of all of us.

Reactions: Festinator

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Best GDT ever, best day ever. Many after school hours watching most of those shows. Zham, you're like a time warp buddy.

Heading to the game tonight....cannot.....wait!!

GJG!!!!

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
2a4xvi.jpg

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
He's a valuable contributor and I hope he comes back soon, but he needed a break. He seemed to me to be having a difficult time here for the past few weeks in the sense that he was getting into a lot of debates and just refusing to accept that he wasn't always right. I mean nobody is always right...

I've been in that head space a couple times on forums myself and sometimes you need to step away and re calibrate things a bit.
Know exactly what you mean. My salvation was the use of ignore. I followed PS' advice and it helped keep me engaged when I was getting ready to bail. Now I just chuckle when a poster I like is in a debate with a ghost:laugh:

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Yeah I was feeling pretty burned out after game 6 myself. I sort of "detached" for a day and came to terms with where we were at and adopted more of a "whatever happens happens" perspective...

Deedog99

Nov 22, 2016
The Lowry line is a key. Cycle down low and be physical with their top line.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Hope all is okay, but his last post or close to it he said something along the lines of needing a break from here so he could enjoy the rest of the playoffs. It was at the end of a long exchange with some real down in the mud negative themes he was debating.

I believe one of Aavco's last posts --went something like this-- " I'm outa here -- you guys are going to have to get by without me." I do think he was arguing with a couple trolls before he made that last post.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
That is unfortunate

I have to admit things have gotten intense here (understandably) and I avoided the place after our game 6 loss for a couple of days and it helped drop my stress level down. I also didn’t listen to 1290 either. I unplugged from all things hockey from when I woke up after the game 6 loss until the puck dropped for game 7 and it was great. When the stakes are this high it can bring the best and worst out of all of us.

Agreed these playoffs have been pretty anxious at times and I myself have been avoiding the media and sport center as I just need time to recharge.

Reactions: Guerzy

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
In early November, I was posting that Vegas was for real. In a polite way, many people here called me crazy. Over and over again. Now we meet in the WCF.

I also said at that time that Vegas was a better overall team. I was shredded here like cheddar cheese on a baked potato. I said that we had a better roster, but when you add in coaching Vegas was better. The standings at that time bore that out.

But we finished the season strong. The addition of Stastny was a very significant add, more so than Morrow. Morrow was a good add for depth (better than I thought) and helped significantly through our injury stretch, but Stastny makes us a 1a 1b team. We are a better overall team now, even though they still have the best coach. Our elevation in the standings reflected that as well.

This will be a tough series because yes Vegas is for real - has been all year. But this is one where if our coach doesn't make crazy ass stupid decisions, we got this. Playing Grampa McPylon falls into the crazy ass stupid category against a speed team like Vegas. No Grampa this series please.

Go Jets Go!

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
I love how the Knights sky high shooting percentage is a sign of their "quick strike" offense, and not something that might regress.

Reactions: Jets 31

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I love how the Knights sky high shooting percentage is a sign of their "quick strike" offense, and not something that might regress.

I thought the Sharks where the better team in all the games I watched, but Vegas got the breaks and finished most of their chances whereas MAF kept the Sharks at bay. It will be interesting to see how things go.

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
Ask Tampa how they enjoyed their rest. Sitting is no good get in their and kick butt.

Exactly...

I have a feeling that knowing that our Winnipeg Jets players knowing we are just four wins away so we can play for

cropped_GettyImages-478750626.jpg

Jets are going to come out flying, hitting and scoring...

Go :jets Go

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
We may not be the TML's but the Jets/Nashville series grabbed an average of 2.2 million viewers for Rogers for the series , the VGK's have been getting great numbers to so I expect even more people tune in the watch the Jets destroy the Knights.

Reactions: Georgetown Al

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
Nice GDT Zhammer especially in short order

I like Lowry as Bull

I think we’ll see a better more relaxed home squad tonight.

Liane needs to start playing better playoff hockey

6-1 Jets, Fleury gets chased

Reactions: Zhamnov5GoalGame

MrvJets

Apr 23, 2018
Fluery has to play even better than he has or the Jets will take them out in 5 or 6 games. not worried about Vegas after beating Nasville who is a more dangerous team than Vegas. I don’t care that some have said that Nashville didn’t play well and Rinne sucked. The Jets are damn good that’s the reason they made them look like that.

Reactions: one other person

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013

I believe one of Aavco's last posts --went something like this-- " I'm outa here -- you guys are going to have to get by without me." I do think he was arguing with a couple trolls before he made that last post.
Jeez GNP.......I say that twice a week. Kumbaya is for Woodstock not for a hockey forum. Miss Aavco’s posts as he was often the voice of reason but I would bet that he is looking in a bit from time to time. This forum is cheaper than heroin but way more addicting.

Reactions: GNP

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Ask Tampa how they enjoyed their rest. Sitting is no good get in their and kick butt.
Okay? I think rest gives you an advantage. They'll probably lose the first game though, because our guys are still in the rhythm and they'll be rusty. After that it'll be hard. Just guessing though. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad