Jets to play Heritage Classic in Regina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steenager

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
Apparently there is a strong rumour in Calgary that the Flames will be wearing new retro whites at the Heritage Classic (and then switching to a full-time retro uniform set in the following season).

That would force the Jets to use a new retro Blue.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Apparently there is a strong rumour in Calgary that the Flames will be wearing new retro whites at the Heritage Classic (and then switching to a full-time retro uniform set in the following season).

Gotta be honest, I would not know the difference between a current Flames jersey and a retro jersey, as the differences are minimal at best. Other than the dark C from a couple of years ago, the logo and layout are almost the same.

Flames jerseys are my personal least liked jersey in the NHL. Boring and tacky IMO, looks like an outfit for BamBam:

IMG_2051.JPG

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg

Selling jerseys is a big part of this - they'll come out with something new for sure.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Gotta be honest, I would not know the difference between a current Flames jersey and a retro jersey, as the differences are minimal at best. Other than the dark C from a couple of years ago, the logo and layout are almost the same.

Flames jerseys are my personal least liked jersey in the NHL. Boring and tacky IMO, looks like an outfit for BamBam:

IMG_2051.JPG

Best third in the league.

Craig-Conroy-Horse-Jersey-e1475046110980.jpg

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Best third in the league.

Can't stand the flaming horse head. Very garish. And what is it with Calgary and their horse theme? It's called Cowtown for f***'s sake. Get your damn animals straight. :sarcasm:

I personally love the Columbus thirds. That pale yellow is just gorgeous.

cbj-third-jersey.jpg

The Jets should seriously consider going with a muted colour scheme for their HC jersey this time. I think it embodies retro.

MrGrinch

Jul 27, 2011
Curious. I remember in 2016 the highest prices were on the upper deck.
That was my reflection as well. Perhaps their stadium is a bit steeper than ours and rows get higher faster?

I am really not sure now if I will be going. Wife wants to do a Vegas game instead and I kind of don’t fault her. If I drop out does anyone here need a hotel reservation for the closest hotel to the field (10 min walk)? Would transfer to someone here first before openly cancelling...

ahplk

Sep 25, 2011
Has anyone seen anything that indicates there will be an alumni game? If not, that will make tickets a good amount more than the last classic (depending on how you value the extra game).

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Has anyone seen anything that indicates there will be an alumni game? If not, that will make tickets a good amount more than the last classic (depending on how you value the extra game).

The extra game just meant I felt really cold for two days instead of one. :brrr:

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?

I valued the alumni game much more, but I assume I'm not the norm.

I wouldn't value what I assume this Alumni game will look like.

I hope they'll do a Manitoba vs Saskatchewan game to draw the Jets fanbase in.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
That was my reflection as well. Perhaps their stadium is a bit steeper than ours and rows get higher faster?

I am really not sure now if I will be going. Wife wants to do a Vegas game instead and I kind of don’t fault her. If I drop out does anyone here need a hotel reservation for the closest hotel to the field (10 min walk)? Would transfer to someone here first before openly cancelling...

Not really, the stands are farther back from the field compared to IGF though.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg

From what I have heard they will have a WHL game featuring the Regina Pats.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
So Jets STH can buy up to 8 ticket during the pre-sale.

As a valued Winnipeg Jets Season Seat Holder, you are automatically eligible to purchase tickets through a priority access pre-sale! Your Seat Holder pre-sale starts Monday, April 1, 2019 at 10 a.m. CT and ends Sunday, April 14, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. CT with a limit of 8 tickets per account.

The pricing is sure different than IGF. Those lower bowl seats must be prime. This could be one of the best stadiums to watch outdoor hockey .

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
From what I have heard they will have a WHL game featuring the Regina Pats.

If they do it vs the Winnipeg Ice I feel like that would make the non Jets/non Flames fan "home crowd" turn on the Jets

Maybe they'll do Saskatoon vs Regina or something. I know nothing about it those teams have a rivalry or not. But I imagine they do

Brominator

Sep 12, 2009
WPG
Haven't all HC games featured an alumni game?

To me, I look forward to seeing Dale, Teemu, and the boys wear Jets colours more than seeing the actual regular season game. Maybe Tkachuk and Zhamnov will play this one? Shane Doan? :laugh:

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018

To me, I look forward to seeing Dale, Teemu, and the boys wear Jets colours more than seeing the actual regular season game. Maybe Tkachuk and Zhamnov will play this one? Shane Doan? :laugh:

Yeah, and maybe Macoun can give Hawerchuk a funsy cross check so we can all reminisce and have a good chuckle. Bygones, eh? :sarcasm:

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG

Yes, but all HC games so far have been in an NHL city. This is the first neutral site game.

You know I went to the HC game in 2016 - it was definitely enjoyable. But if I travel to see a game (I live in Edmonton), I think I'd rather just catch a regular home game in Winnipeg, or maybe some place like Vegas or Phoenix, rather than travel to Regina to see a game with terrible sightlines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad