View attachment 200479
Q6LclaO

Q6LclaO

I like that even better than the one above it. :thumbu:

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
a few reasons.
the "reverse" logo wasn't used in the WHA. it was always dark on dark. i'm not a stickler for tradition. just stating the history.
the dark logo has a kitschy look that is back in style because of the vintage design and the colour scheme used. the inverse logo just looks awkward. doesn't have the colour blast ti give it the 21st century appeal.
toss the inverse logo on a dark jersey and it doesn't integrate well. it stands out, but not in a good way. similar reason why i don't love the dark logo on a dark jersey. it needs a VERY thin white outline on the outside to make it pop slightly. key word: slightly.
final reason: Winnipeg Jets. Current logo. Word logo on our third jersey. Heritage classic logo. now we want to introduce a 4th logo?

Reactions: Cellee

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
So the Flames people are seeing this as a "home" game for them, are they? Want Mosaic to become a C of Red? OK. All the Jets need to do is trot out a HC jersey in Rider Green and the House is theirs. :nod: Something like this practice jersey perhaps.

1279-17-0004-a__39257.1507052498.500.500.jpg

Well that's a hard yes from me pal. I mean obviously you want to pay homage to the best CFL team there is. :nod::laugh::thumbu:

Reactions: nobody imp0rtant

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
They went with version 1 of the roundel logo on white for Heritage Classic 1.
Winnipeg-Jets-1973-90-Primary-Logo-WHA-and-NHL-480x480.png

I think they'll go with version 2 of the roundel on dark for Heritage Classic 2.
Winnipeg-Jets-1990-96-Primary-Logo-561x480.png

Reactions: The Blue Baron

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
a few reasons.
the "reverse" logo wasn't used in the WHA. it was always dark on dark. i'm not a stickler for tradition. just stating the history.
the dark logo has a kitschy look that is back in style because of the vintage design and the colour scheme used. the inverse logo just looks awkward. doesn't have the colour blast ti give it the 21st century appeal.
toss the inverse logo on a dark jersey and it doesn't integrate well. it stands out, but not in a good way. similar reason why i don't love the dark logo on a dark jersey. it needs a VERY thin white outline on the outside to make it pop slightly. key word: slightly.
final reason: Winnipeg Jets. Current logo. Word logo on our third jersey. Heritage classic logo. now we want to introduce a 4th logo?
Fair enough.

To me, the white outline doesn't do enough to solve the muddled blob logo with dark on dark. The puck with Jet gets lost already on the white (it is my favourite Jets logo BTW).

I would drop the word mark jersey, use that colour another way down the road.Technically we already use 4 logos, because the word mark logo is our helmet logo just white.

I want them to do the HC home version in the hope we go back to them full time (they won't) but I have a feeling they will be Hawerchuk or Selanne blues.

Last edited:

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Winnipeg has no WHA history with Calgary.

Can't see it happening.

Also the shoulder patches gotta go.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
The fuq is that? :laugh:
Calgary Cowboys. next to the Toronto Toros, New York Raiders, New York Golden Blades (lol)/Jersey Knights and Cleveland Crusaders (look them up), it was one of the worst hockey logos made in the golden age of hockey logos.
the WHA gave birth to the following amazing logos:
Minnesota Fighting Saints
Wpg Jets
Edmonton Oilers
Indianapolis Racers
Quebec Nordiques
Phoenix Roadrunners

Last edited:
Reactions: Gm0ney

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Calgary Cowboys. next to the Toronto Toros, New York Raiders, New York Golden Blades (lol)/Jersey Knights and Cleveland Crusaders (look them up), it was one of the worst hockey logos made in the golden age of hockey logos.
Wpg Jets
Edmonton Oilers
Indianapolis Racers
Quebec Nordiques
Phoenix Roadrunners
Golden Blades...Golden Knights. You say tomato...

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
They went with version 1 of the roundel logo on white for Heritage Classic 1.
Winnipeg-Jets-1973-90-Primary-Logo-WHA-and-NHL-480x480.png

I think they'll go with version 2 of the roundel on dark for Heritage Classic 2.
Winnipeg-Jets-1990-96-Primary-Logo-561x480.png

Makes more sense for them to go with something based on the 79-90 Jersey as that's when we had a real rivalry with Calgary (85, 86 and 87 playoffs). The 90s logo and jersey associated more with having a rivalry with Vancouver.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Wpg Jets
Edmonton Oilers
Indianapolis Racers
Quebec Nordiques
Phoenix Roadrunners
It's hard to believe there were so many terrible fonts and clip art available back then! :laugh:

However, Jersey Knights did a nice job of capturing the crossover chess / hockey fans...

jetsfan15

Jul 17, 2016
Did the jets actually announce that they’ll have a new jersey for the heritage classic? I just assumed they were going to use the same one that we already have.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Did the jets actually announce that they’ll have a new jersey for the heritage classic? I just assumed they were going to use the same one that we already have.

No announcement but given they are the home team it is conceivable they wear darks. Being a heritage game though who knows what the NHL will decide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad