Jets to play Heritage Classic in Regina

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Surprised they just don't have a Calgary-Edmonton game there. Almost everyone I know from Sask cheers for one of those two or an original six team. Not many Jets fans.

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
This isn't football. There's support for the Jets in Saskatchewan. Not a good idea to insult their hockey fans. Having a game in Regina is a great way to build on that support from our western neighbors.

:jets

This is a good point. A guy I used to work with was from Saskatchewan, and he's a big Jets fan.

He is also a Riders fan too, but just goes to show no one is perfect.

Reactions: macmaroon

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
I found this part interesting.

According to a team source, the Pats are interested in playing host to a WHL game as part of the event.

It would be similar to the 2011 Heritage Classic in Calgary when the Flames faced the Montreal Canadiens, followed the next day by a WHL game featuring the Pats and Calgary Hitmen.

Regina Pats vs. Winnipeg Ice?

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
100% Regina boos the Jets.
Not if we wear these alternates... ;)

206840.jpg

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
Surprised they just don't have a Calgary-Edmonton game there. Almost everyone I know from Sask cheers for one of those two or an original six team. Not many Jets fans.

You would be incorrect. There are tons of people from Saskatchewan, who have move to Alberta, and cheer for the Jets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad