Confirmed with Link: Jets sign Adam Lowry to 3 year contract worth $8.75 million

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Would have loved an extra year at that AAV, but I think this is a nice contract for both sides.

Reactions: Moon Man

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
I like this. Amazing that he was once a winger converted to center. I cannot think of too many players with that development track to the NHL.

If we can get last years Lowry for the full year, we got one helluva player for the next couple of years.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Like it, hope he can stay healthy and maintain his level of play from last season. Good value for a guy playing the tough minutes he takes.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
He can’t get any worse offensively!

Lowry had an excellent season last year Sip? The year before I thought he wasn’t good but was propped up by PP scoring. If we keep getting more of 17-18 Lowry this is a hell of a deal.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Do you think that him having played 45 games might have anything to do with it?

Absolutely. If Lowry could maintain his numbers of last regular season he'd be worth well over $6M. He was that good.

per naturalstattrick:
17-18 5v5TOI/GPP/60CF%CF%RelGF%GF%Rel
Adam Lowry11:512.1457.6+5.457.5+4.9
Patrice Bergeron13:302.1557.6+5.161.8+8.8
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Of course Lowry has looked very un-Bergeron-like outside of those 45 games:
16-17: 48.2 CF%, 1.12 P/60
15-16: 46.9 CF%, 1.12 P/60
That's more like the results of a meh fourth liner (an NHL fourth liner, not a vintage Jets fourth liner like Thorburn/Wright).

Hard to predict what kind of player shows up next year.

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
This is more money, less term than I was hoping for, but not enough to be unhappy about either.

He's a gamer. Love the intensity. He's got a great stick and hits like a Peterbilt. Get him some softer hands or improved linemates and watch the f out!

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
He's the type of player that needs to be 100% (or near it) to be effective. And when I say effective, I mean top line, shut down effective.
If he can stay at (or near) 100%, this contract is a bargain - the term may be the hedge.
Love Lowry and what he brings.

FonRiesen

Sep 28, 2017
Vancouver Island
(snipped)
Of Centres who played at least 300 minutes last year. (all stats 5 on 5) Lowry was:
#1 CF% - Bergeron was second
#1 fewest giveaways
#1 fewest shots against
Top 10 face of percentage
Top 10 Hits/60
Top 30 P/60

Nice :nod:

Corsica's site has Lowry at #2 (57.58) next to Bergeron (57.68) for CF%, but it's still impressive.

Naturalstatrick.com has Lowry tied for 4th in giveaways... And then I realized you limited it to Centres only. Is it harder for Centres to keep the puck? The weird thing with giveaways is that you have to have possession in order to give it away. So I'm not sure how useful that is as any sort of indicator. Is there such a thing tracked as "giveaways per minute of possession"? Anything else seems nearly meaningless.

Is it fewest shots against "per 60"? Because I couldn't find numbers to back up straight "shots against" on either site.

High hits/60 means you're spending a lot of time without the puck...

Top 30 p/60 is nice, hopefully he can keep that up.

I've come to appreciate Lowry, and hopefully he punches above his contract for the next 3 years.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Good. He showed flashes of a very good two way player last year. Playoffs were dissapointing but IIRC he was injured.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Naturalstatrick.com has Lowry tied for 4th in giveaways... And then I realized you limited it to Centres only. Is it harder for Centres to keep the puck? The weird thing with giveaways is that you have to have possession in order to give it away. So I'm not sure how useful that is as any sort of indicator. Is there such a thing tracked as "giveaways per minute of possession"? Anything else seems nearly meaningless.

Giveaways is a meaningless stat. Not only for the reason you listed but also that is tracked entirely subjectively in rink by 31+ different stat trackers. One person might call it a giveaway, another credit to opposing player with a takeaway others not track it all. Hell inside the own game sometimes the same person will make subjective calls that are inconsistent as it's nearly impossible to judge. Both giveaways and takeaways are meaningless in the best of circumstances, very misleading at worst. They are very reputation based as well. You get slightly better results filtering just for away games, but even then it's a terrible stat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad