Confirmed with Link: Jets sign Adam Lowry to 3 year contract worth $8.75 million

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
you guys mind not rehashing this over and over and over again in a thread that's not about that dead horse? thanks

All threads are about Pavelec Stempniak Armia.

OK, OK, JK
Wish we had a text colour to match the light grey background. lol

Reactions: robertocarlos

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Good term, good number. I'd be leery of much more term because Lowry's body is already a wreck, I feel like he might be done by 30.

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Good term, good number. I'd be leery of much more term because Lowry's body is already a wreck, I feel like he might be done by 30.
Jets need to start giving more days off to slightly injured guys before they come more injured.

What good is depth if you never use it.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB

This may of been what the Jets were thinking, Lowry with ubi injuries takes away from his heavy presence which takes away from his over all game. Hopefully he's got it all taken care of and stays healthy.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I don't know how much money the team has left to spend, but this deal I'd give a B. To make it better I would've done as high as $2.5M for four years. Mostly to expose Lowry in the next expansion draft.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
armia cost ~1.5 in Montreal
would've been nice to still have him
Armia's cap hit is $1.85 M and he is an easy enough player to replace internally at half the cost. I'm sure Chevy would have liked to give up a lesser player, but there are costs to freeing up cap space.

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
Ya, it just seems so strange, negotiations I mean these days. Like with all the data out there agents don't have the leverage they used to and contracts are more predictable. HF Jets posters are so close at predicting each contract correctly. It makes you wonder what takes so long when they know the inevitable number (give or take a 100k) right from the start that they will most likely meet at. The amount of time it takes seems silly at times.
GM - 2 million
Agent no 4 million
8 phone calls later they settle at 3 million

Agent has to justify his commission.

Jimby

Reformed Optimist
Nov 5, 2013
Winnipeg
I was just gathering some stats on Lowry to use in a discussion with an annoying Oilers fan (aren't they all?) and Lowry had a better year than i suspected. He looks like a screaming deal.

Of Centres who played at least 300 minutes last year. (all stats 5 on 5) Lowry was:
#1 CF% - Bergeron was second
#1 fewest giveaways
#1 fewest shots against
Top 10 face of percentage
Top 10 Hits/60
Top 30 P/60

Nice :nod:

Derfel

Everybody Loves Me
Oct 4, 2017
Calgary, AB
Would have liked to have seen another year for the same money but this will do and they can always extend it later.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
This may of been what the Jets were thinking, Lowry with ubi injuries takes away from his heavy presence which takes away from his over all game. Hopefully he's got it all taken care of and stays healthy.

I think you just don't give much more term to bottom 6 players. This is past a 'show me' deal but he can be extended in 2 years if his play and health earn it.

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
I was just gathering some stats on Lowry to use in a discussion with an annoying Oilers fan (aren't they all?) and Lowry had a better year than i suspected. He looks like a screaming deal.

Of Centres who played at least 300 minutes last year. (all stats 5 on 5) Lowry was:
#1 CF% - Bergeron was second
#1 fewest giveaways
#1 fewest shots against
Top 10 face of percentage
Top 10 Hits/60
Top 30 P/60

Nice :nod:

Wow! I knew he’d have good numbers but not that good. And that while facing some of the toughest competition.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Good contract. I thought it would be 4 yrs at $3 per, so Chevy is a better negotiator than I would have been. Better term and salary.

Moon Man

Oct 3, 2015
Great great signing. This is a big one. Lowry probably thinks he can get even better at the game. That’s why it’s a 3y deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad