Confirmed with Link: Jets sign Adam Lowry to 3 year contract worth $8.75 million

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I wish Chevy had offered him 3.5 million and signed him for 6 years. This contract is going to be a steal for the next 3 years I think but I wish he was locked up long term as a member of the core. What a player. Sorry I ever questioned you Lurch!

Credit to Chevy where it's due, many of us were okay with exposing him in the XD to Vegas, in hindsight it would have been a huge mistake.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Lowry is a lot quicker than I remember. Would suck to play against him. He is so good at reading plays in the D zone and getting body position.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I feel like he has been our best forward so far this season. Adam is an incredibly important piece on this team. Thank god the NHL market seems to over value goals and points scored for forwards because if the market monetized his impact on the games he plays in he would be much more expensive.

googleIsMyFriend

Dec 6, 2016
Great player. You can win cup with this kind of 3rd center. Lowry and Tanev is just a great duo-doesn't matter who is the 3rd player but I would put frenchie next to him. Little bit more goal scooring power for 3rd line would make sense,

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
At this rate it's looking like we should have signed him for more years.
It is always easy to say this, but you actually need to have the player and his agent agree. In Lowry's case it is unlikely he'd be willing to take a $2.9 M AAV into his 30's and reduce his opportunity at a bigger contract. If you wanted him to do that you would have had to make it worth while and go well north of his current AAV. As it is he will be a UFA at 28 y/o and have the best opportunity for his career contract.

Ukkosenjumala

Nov 24, 2017
Finland
With Lowry playing so well I wish they would see what he would do as the 2C with maybe Perreault and Laine, give them proper minutes and see if Lowry can spark his offensive flare further. I know Maurice tilts towards the defense side of things with Lowry but Little is a capable defensive center and they could balance out the zone times pretty favourably. Both of them kill penalties as it is already so I don't see a huge difference with the distribution of ice time except this way you could see if they find offense together and you would have a pretty banging 2nd line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad