Post-Game Talk: Jets ride the rollercoaster typhoon. 4-3 win.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
I'm still not getting any hopes up.

The Jets have won 2 games against the Sabres who were DOA before that game even started, and now they barely won against the injury riddled Hurricanes.

They're still awful when it comes to holding a lead, making simple tape to tape passes and the PP is an embarrassment.

If they can start beating tougher teams I will start to get a little bit of my hopes up.

Shhhhhhh Shhhh let me have this...

Loved Kane's 360 no scope, so 1337

mzappa

Jets fans in space
Jun 27, 2011
but, but, but - Mittens is coming back!!! He'll know what to do. :sarcasm:

The Jets have won 2 games against the Sabres who were DOA before that game even started, and now they barely won against the injury riddled Hurricanes.

They're still awful when it comes to holding a lead, making simple tape to tape passes and the PP is an embarrassment.

If they can start beating tougher teams I will start to get a little bit of my hopes up.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Shhhhhhh Shhhh let me have this...

Loved Kane's 360 no scope, so 1337

1166333_o.gif

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand

Given how abysmal they were on the road last year, stringing together 3 wins like that is an achievement in itself. The Jets play another floundering team on Saturday, then play the Devils.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Interesting how the Jets seem to play better against stronger teams and poorer against weak teams... but they still end up losing against the stronger teams and winning against the weaker teams.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Noel's post game pressers pretty much my close second favorite thing about watching the Jets play.

Lynk

Registered Bro
Apr 18, 2006
Ontario, Canada
I think we need to petition the HF Leaders for another acronym.

When the Jets win in which a "BDT" was used, the PGT should be "BGT" for "BROst Game Talk"

cocorico

Apr 4, 2002
Visit site
PK comes through again! (Stuart with 5 blocked shots)
Forwards putting the puck in the net! (Wheeler flying and scoring)
Pavs making key saves (not enough firepower to overcome below average goaltending)
PP remains dismal (back to the drawing board)
Thoughts and prayers to Zach Redmond

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Sloppy as hell, but I'll take it. Given the events from earlier today, can't really blame them for not being 100% on their game.

Good
-Bogo is a machine, and what a beautiful job he did breaking up that long stretch pass late in the game
-LLW continued to go full beast mode
-Wright is a beauty

Bad
-Hainsey had maybe his worst game of the season. He just seemed out of position and soft on the puck all night. That's coming off one of his best games of the year vs. Buffalo
-Burmi and Kane both made some really poor decisions with the puck, Kane in particular on that 3rd goal
-PP continues to be an embarassment

knorthern knight

Mar 18, 2011
GTA
I'm glad I was wrong about Jets not being able able to score more than 2 in regulation. As per the previous post-game thread, this game is hazardous to my sanity. Did anybody else notice that both teams were having trouble handling the puck? Was there a problem with the ice?

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Cam Ward is made out of swiss cheese.

I pray to Jebus that he is not playing for team Canada at the next Olympics.

He's really struggled with consistency the last few seasons. Plus, he's had a couple of real stinkers vs. the Jets.

I still think he's an awesome goalie, but it's doubtful he's anything more than a 3rd stringer for Canada. As of right now, I'd take Price as #1 and Luongo as #2.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
I'm glad I was wrong about Jets not being able able to score more than 2 in regulation. As per the previous post-game thread, this game is hazardous to my sanity. Did anybody else notice that both teams were having trouble handling the puck? Was there a problem with the ice?

On the Canes GDT before the game they were talking about how they have the worst ice in the NHL...
Never can tell when those guys are serious or not though haha.

videofarmer

thirsty
Sep 11, 2009
ATL
He's really struggled with consistency the last few seasons. Plus, he's had a couple of real stinkers vs. the Jets.

I still think he's an awesome goalie, but it's doubtful he's anything more than a 3rd stringer for Canada. As of right now, I'd take Price as #1 and Luongo as #2.

I guess I'll be getting Quick, Schneider and, uh... Miller.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Wow, I put the kid down and PVR'd the third. I was so mad after Carolina's third goal that I started fast fowarding the game, missed the GWG and had to rewind! Greasy road win, just the way I like em!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad