Post-Game Talk: Jets ride the rollercoaster typhoon. 4-3 win.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Hmm.. this thread, as was the last Post-Game Thread... it's missing something... I'm just not sure what.

Last edited:

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Just curious: what did Wheeler get that unsportsmanlike for? The sound was pretty awful where I was watching, I didn't hear if an explanation was given.

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
Just curious: what did Wheeler get that unsportsmanlike for? The sound was pretty awful where I was watching, I didn't hear if an explanation was given.

he thought he got an elbow or stick to the head area
and he jawed the ref all the way down the ice.

at least I think that is what Johnson said

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Thanks KW. Yeah, I figured it had to have been for popping off to the ref.

Wheeler really needs to stop it with that garbage. I love the emotion he's been showing lately, but let the refs do their jobs. Beaking them will just make it worse.

He made a disparaging comment about the official's ancestry.

Did he tell him his mother was a hamster?

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
First Threts game I've been able to see this season and they looked better than their record would indicate. Carolina has always been a pretty tough opponent but Pavs was strong when he needed to be.
FWIW I thought they looked worse last night than they did in any of their last 8 games. It was nice to see them get a few bounces. They were due for a few.

KingSalamon

Jun 29, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
First time in the Jets 2.0 brief history that they have a winning record on the road! 4-3-1. Nice to see this... let's hope they can continue to maintain a .500 road record as it would go a long way to making the playoffs.

But how about Stuart last night? Warrior. He's a tough player, even in practice, ask Mark Schiefele.

Go Jets Go!

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
FWIW I thought they looked worse last night than they did in any of their last 8 games. It was nice to see them get a few bounces. They were due for a few.

Agreed. Definitly the worst game they've played at least since the florida win at home. I Don't care if we win the ones we shouldn't and lose the ones we should, as long as we end up with the same number of w's.

Good to see lady luck shine on us and give us the win regardless of how bad we played this one, considering how good we've played the last three and not been rewarded.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes

This is his second unsportsmanlike this season for yapping at the ref when he felt he was violated and it wasn't called. If the refs start seeing him as a whiner, he will get more of these until he learns to zip it.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
This is his second unsportsmanlike this season for yapping at the ref when he felt he was violated and it wasn't called. If the refs start seeing him as a whiner, he will get more of these until he learns to zip it.

I figured that BS interference call to put us down 2 men was a big F U to Wheeler from the ref. :laugh:

I hope Noel ripped into him for that. If you get clipped, keep playing and shut up. Politely ask the ref to watch high sticks as you got clipped with one earlier in the play. It's not rocket science. I like the passion and fire but it was misplaced.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad