Post-Game Talk: Jets ride the rollercoaster typhoon. 4-3 win.

knorthern knight

Mar 18, 2011
GTA
I'm pretty sure you can only do emergency callups if you cannot fill a game roster. We're not at that point yet.
We're down to 6 defensemen. Melchiori will probably be our next callup from the rock. I wonder how the Icecaps are going to manage. Defensemen Chiarot and Meech are currently injured. And we've called up defensemen Redmond and Postma, not to mention goalie Eddie Pasquale. I imagine that some guys on the Colorado Eagles will probably get to play in the AHL for the Icecaps. This season will be a writeoff for St John's.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Just got this message (using Google Chrome) about this site:

What is the current listing status for twitchmedia.com?
Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this website may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 4 time(s) over the past 90 days.

Sip they only send that out to guys that put up more than 10 negative posts in a GDT where your team actually wins the game :sarcasm:

Ok I am joking you were asking me earlier if I was watching or listening to the game when I was poking fun at your ranting.....no I wasn't I was dealing with domestic obligations......I get your point now......very stinky first two periods.

Nice to get an ugly 2 points though because that is how you get on a roll....we are now due for a good game again ;):p:

hockey-brent

Sep 1, 2006
Winnipeg
I think Chevy should do what the post game guys were alluding to. Signing someone like Campoli who is sitting at home and is at least NHL calibre, using some of that money saved from trading Poni - over the remainder of the season it wouldn't equate to too much either.

Best to do something while we're in the hunt, not play it cheap and fall out of the picture.

I'm usually not one for a stop valve approach however with all of the D dropping like files, there may not be another option (can't continue to cripple the Ice Caps with call-ups)

Potrzebie

Mar 25, 2010
Booyah! What a crazy game. I'll take the win. :nod:

For those receiving a malware notification because of the images coming off my server: google has decided to flag my server for some reason. I have NOTHING on that site that's publicly available other than movie files and images. I'm working through their webmaster tools to have the site unflagged. People using Firefox, Chrome or Safari may be getting the warning - trust me when I say there's nothing that could be causing an issue.

I hate google with a passion.

Haha, so that's what it was. I just clicked "proceed anyway" like I usually do. :)

Potrzebie

Mar 25, 2010
I'm still not getting any hopes up.

The Jets have won 2 games against the Sabres who were DOA before that game even started, and now they barely won against the injury riddled Hurricanes.

They're still awful when it comes to holding a lead, making simple tape to tape passes and the PP is an embarrassment.

If they can start beating tougher teams I will start to get a little bit of my hopes up.

Those above reasons actually GIVE me hope. Finally they win games they should be winning. Not beating the Bruins and then crapping the bed against the Blue Jackets.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
bahaha :laugh:
Tricked you! ;)

Kosmachuk is a dirty goal scorer too.

Lowry, Kosmachuk and Olsen all score goals by getting in the dirty areas although in different ways. Kosmachuk does remind me of Ladd at times.
Me too, he plays the same game, but he is like a smaller poor man's version.

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
Loved the fact the Jets stayed somewhat aggressive after the game -winning goal by Wheeler and didn't go into a defensive shell. Kept the play in Carolina's end and it resulted in a penalty and an easy final minute for the Jets to kill.

LLW are heating up! Good to see this team score more than 4 goals for a change.

Any word on when Enstrom's back?

IceCapsFanNL

Nov 1, 2011
St. John's
We're down to 6 defensemen. Melchiori will probably be our next callup from the rock. I wonder how the Icecaps are going to manage. Defensemen Chiarot and Meech are currently injured. And we've called up defensemen Redmond and Postma, not to mention goalie Eddie Pasquale. I imagine that some guys on the Colorado Eagles will probably get to play in the AHL for the Icecaps. This season will be a writeoff for St John's.

The Caps are all but done anyways. I think the Jets should leave Melchiori here, so he can play more #1 pairing minutes. He has been a real TOI machine the last month or so. They should sign Rammer yo a two way and call him up. He has earned it.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Really looking forward to tomorrow's game. I wish it wasn't so early, but what can you do. Let that roller coaster climb a little bit more...please.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Wasn't the prettiest but it was a road game and we got the 2 points, take the positives and move on. Ladd is leading the way, Wheeler has found his groove from last season.

On to the next JETS! :clap:

Bongo

Feb 7, 2007
Atlanta
First Threts game I've been able to see this season and they looked better than their record would indicate. Carolina has always been a pretty tough opponent but Pavs was strong when he needed to be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad