Post-Game Talk: Jets ride the rollercoaster typhoon. 4-3 win.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
I guess I'll be getting Quick, Schneider and, uh... Miller.

The way things have been going, you may want to throw Anderson's name in there too. :nod:

Just glanced at some comments on the Canes board, a few of them saying this was among Ward's worst games ever. I still think he's a heck of a goalie.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Not bad for a projected 3rd liner. :sarcasm:

5mgLz.gif

TroubaFan1

Jul 21, 2011
Winnipeg
Solid win tonight by the Jets, especially since the team had Redmond on all of their minds. Thats four very solid games in a row for Pavs! :handclap: :yo:

Analyst365

Oct 24, 2011
Victoria
Great win when needed.

Tangradi looks like quite the acquisition.

By the way does he have a shot on goal or has he made a pass yet?

knorthern knight

Mar 18, 2011
GTA
Latest standings in terms of Points-Minus-Games-Played (or you can think of it as games above/below .500). We're 3 games behind Carolina/Rangers for the last playoff spot. With Redmond out, we may be looking at calling up Melchiori, which would totally strip the Icecaps, who already have a couple of of defensemen injured (including Meech). What are the technicalities behind an "emergency callup" like Carolina had to do today? Would Trouba be half-decent on an emergency basis?

TEAM | PMGP
Boston|8
New Jersey|7
Montreal|7
Pittsburgh|5
Toronto|4
Ottawa|4
Carolina|2
NY Rangers|2
Tampa Bay|1
Winnipeg|-1
Philadelphia|-2
Florida|-2
NY Islanders|-3
Buffalo|-5
Washington|-5

bigplay41*

May 5, 2010
Winnipeg
Latest standings in terms of Points-Minus-Games-Played (or you can think of it as games above/below .500). We're 3 games behind Carolina/Rangers for the last playoff spot. With Redmond out, we may be looking at calling up Melchiori, which would totally strip the Icecaps, who already have a couple of of defensemen injured (including Meech). What are the technicalities behind an "emergency callup" like Carolina had to do today? Would Trouba be half-decent on an emergency basis?

TEAM | PMGP
Boston|8
New Jersey|7
Montreal|7
Pittsburgh|5
Toronto|4
Ottawa|4
Carolina|2
NY Rangers|2
Tampa Bay|1
Winnipeg|-1
Philadelphia|-2
Florida|-2
NY Islanders|-3
Buffalo|-5
Washington|-5

id imagine calling up trouba would ruin his college eligibility

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
I'm pretty sure you can only do emergency callups if you cannot fill a game roster. We're not at that point yet.

Snot Rocket

HF anti-tank squad
Feb 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Wow, I put the kid down and PVR'd the third. I was so mad after Carolina's third goal that I started fast fowarding the game, missed the GWG and had to rewind! Greasy road win, just the way I like em!

Greasy FTW!

Laddy boy is the grease meister.

food+truck+greasy+hamburger.jpg

In honour of his most greasiness, I shall make hamburgers for the next game, and they shall be laden with grease...and bacon done crunchy with lots of melting soft cheese and some stinky extra garlic pickle, mayo, hot mustard, shot of ketchup, dollop of sweet relish and a dash of Oregano and Basil to give it a slight pizza zazz.

Needs a good name though...

Seriously though...Kaner...any more of this and Boston Pizza is going to start a promo for free pizza giveaways. Good goal though.

Feet were not moving when they should have been during the game though.

But I will take the win.

Wheels was Whiskey Beast Mode tonight...got it in, kinda sloppy and not quite as twisty turney gingerbread man beast mode that he was last game.
2 goals though...not complaining at all...just an observation.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Greasy FTW!

Laddy boy is the grease meister.

food+truck+greasy+hamburger.jpg

In honour of his most greasiness, I shall make hamburgers for the next game, and they shall be laden with grease...and bacon done crunchy with lots of melting soft cheese and some stinky extra garlic pickle, mayo, hot mustard, shot of ketchup, dollop of sweet relish and a dash of Oregano and Basil to give it a slight pizza zazz.

Needs a good name though...

How about the Triple Patty Thirty Goal Third Line Grinder? :sarcasm:

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
That's what Ladd does. He goes to the net constantly, trying for tip-ins and ugly goals. Over and over. He's not going to get many pretty ones, and he's not going to get 50 of them, but he goes to the tough areas and gets it done and thus will be a reliable, perennial 20-30 goal scorer.

Lynk

Registered Bro
Apr 18, 2006
Ontario, Canada
The thing with Ladd is he knows where to position himself to get opportunities.

He's not the quickest or most skilled forward out there, but his positioning is top notch and one reason why he has been on the score sheet so much.

LowEnd88

Feb 10, 2012
Winnipeg
I just caught the first period, and noticed that Buff set up camp in front of Ward during the PP. Did this happen during all the PP's? If so how was it looking?

It was nice to see them try something new and at least generate a few chances on the PP for once...

Snot Rocket

HF anti-tank squad
Feb 3, 2013
Winnipeg
How about the Triple Patty Thirty Goal Third Line Grinder? :sarcasm:

Hey, that name is great..3 patties...sweet.

I see this working...and a propos...to get it in the mouth, you kind of have to jam it in there, work at it and perhaps go from the side...

Wait...that does not sound right...that might be a better description for the "Magic Matts Cheestastic Way Offside Footlong".

Ok, to stay on topic slightly, man we were sloppy though tonight. I figured with all those call up D's we would have had a shooting gallery the whole game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad