Jets Rewards redemptions

seasontixholder*

Does anyone know if the Jets store sells a pool table felt, or cover, or pool light? Don't want to waste my gift cards on a white jersey until next year.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Picked up my $250 worth of Jets gift cards today, flipped them for a minty new Blake Wheeler road jersey.

Not a bad haul for 6,250 reward points. Start taking notes, Chevy. ;)

He's going to evaluate all the options regarding his reward points. There's a lot going on behind the scenes, and whether it's using all the points on one big thing or going in a different direction, those decisions will have to be made as we continue to look at what we've got. Anytime there's a situation like this, you want to make sure you know all the options, so we're going to be active lookers today and stay on course...

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
He's going to evaluate all the options regarding his reward points. There's a lot going on behind the scenes, and whether it's using all the points on one big thing or going in a different direction, those decisions will have to be made as we continue to look at what we've got. Anytime there's a situation like this, you want to make sure you know all the options, so we're going to be active lookers today and stay on course...

A+ impression.

Was almost like the real thing, it held my attention for about one and a half sentences...

HockeyAnn

Mar 10, 2012
None in stock

Went to redeem my points for gift cards and it now says the item is no longer in stock. :cry:

thereturn

Jul 10, 2011
Winnipeg
Went to redeem my points for gift cards and it now says the item is no longer in stock. :cry:

Huh, weird. Seems to be available to me, though there is this disclaimer on the page now:

"ITEM REDEMPTION LIMITS:
Only 5 can be redeemed between 3/5/2014 and 4/30/2014"

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Huh, weird. Seems to be available to me, though there is this disclaimer on the page now:

"ITEM REDEMPTION LIMITS:
Only 5 can be redeemed between 3/5/2014 and 4/30/2014"

Dang. I was going to grab ten of them. Ah well, so much is the result of my impersonation of Chevy and applying patience to situations. You snooze, you lose.

flyingjay

Jun 25, 2012
Winnipeg
Picked mine up last night as well. Pretty excited.

It does say that they're temporarily unavailable. Maybe the demand for those was greater than expected.

seasontixholder*

I think it was the best deal and True North realized it. I'm thinking it will be dropped to a $20 or $25 gift card instead. I should have cashed in all my points on gift cards when I had the chance.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
I think it was the best deal and True North realized it. I'm thinking it will be dropped to a $20 or $25 gift card instead.

Sadly, I think you're right. It throws the point system so out of whack. $50 worth of Jets Gear bucks is worth the same as a personalized luggage tag? That ain't right.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
I picked mine up last night... The list was only about 3 pages long so not like they were over run.... The value of the gift cards was a bit out of line with the other options so dropping it to $25 seems probable.

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
I picked mine up last night... The list was only about 3 pages long so not like they were over run.... The value of the gift cards was a bit out of line with the other options so dropping it to $25 seems probable.

Yep, out of stock. damn.

seasontixholder*

Or maybe drop the other rewards points level. I mean, what's it cost for a Jets player to deliver you your tickets? They are under salary. Or coffee with Chevy. And who cares about getting their name on the scoreboard?

Last edited by a moderator:

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
They really should take most if not all of these rewards to an auction format. Some of these values are really off (6250 points to have Mick E. Moose visit you in seat...really?), plus you've got to think they'd have limitations on how many of these rewards they can offer yearly. Is Chevy really going to take 100 separate coffee breaks with ST holders in a season? :laugh:

I still see the gift cards....they have a limit of 5 until the end of April.....no biggie

Just tried ordering one, said that they're out of stock.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
I'm pretty sure it was only 15,000 points for an autographed jersey. Reason why I figure that is I'm over half way there and was planning on cashing in on 1 next year.

Not impressed to see the auction STARTING at 25,000 now... and only 1 player at a time?!? :rant:

0 bids on it thus far, two hours remaining in the auction. They obviously overestimated what people would have in terms of points, can't imagine there are too many with over 25,000.

I bet they'll lower the starting bid down to 15,000.

flyingjay

Jun 25, 2012
Winnipeg
0 bids on it thus far, two hours remaining in the auction. They obviously overestimated what people would have in terms of points, can't imagine there are too many with over 25,000.

I bet they'll lower the starting bid down to 15,000.

It seems like they are valuing each point at 4 cents and basing it all on that. Therefore, they believe a Buff autographed jersey is worth $1000 and an in seat visit from Mick E. Moose should be worth $250.

Seems a bit rich for me, but we'll see how things go with the auctions. I had a hunch that those gift cards might become limited and I'm glad I got them when I did.

seasontixholder*

The rewards team should have put on the gift card page that there is limited quantities. Unless of course they didn't expect a flood of sales and actually did run out of cards and need more printed.

Jets

All hat, no cattle.
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2010
Winnipeg
They really should take most if not all of these rewards to an auction format. Some of these values are really off (6250 points to have Mick E. Moose visit you in seat...really?), plus you've got to think they'd have limitations on how many of these rewards they can offer yearly. Is Chevy really going to take 100 separate coffee breaks with ST holders in a season? :laugh:

Just tried ordering one, said that they're out of stock.

You might be onto something regarding our lack of action at any of the past 2 trade deadlines...

potroaster

Jul 1, 2012
The rewards team should have put on the gift card page that there is limited quantities. Unless of course they didn't expect a flood of sales and actually did run out of cards and need more printed.

Since I am not the first to say this, I am not dropping no ball here. I think the Rewards Team made a mistake. We all speculated before the GC's came out, that it would be 10 bucks, with it stretching to maybe 25 bucks. So good for the people who were able to redeem early.

Let's suppose every season ticket holder had 3000 points per seat just based on the average cost. This is a lowball figure of course. At 13,000 season tickets, my calculator says over 1.5 million dollars in GC's. That doesn't include bonus points or people on the waiting list.

Chevy could blame this for inactivity during trade talks?

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
I'd take a couple years of frozen ticket prices over the rewards program if they are going to offer rewards that cost them money, but that's just me.

seasontixholder*

I'd take a couple years of frozen ticket prices over the rewards program if they are going to offer rewards that cost them money, but that's just me.

Me too. A mediocre team and rates go up every year.

flyingjay

Jun 25, 2012
Winnipeg
I ended up getting the game used puck that Scheifele scored with against Nashville with my rewards gift cards. Someday I'll pass it on to my son (who is one). Very pleased!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad