Jets Rewards redemptions

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
That's $0.04 per point! 4% cashback (giftcardback?) on your season tickets...that's a decent return.

Yeah, good call! I knew there was a reason we kept you around here. ;)

Just bought $250 worth of Jets Gear gift cards, I need to buy a jersey. The thrifty Mennonite in me can't handle the idea of spending real money on a jersey, but gift cards and Jets Points will do!

seasontixholder*

Yeah, good call! I knew there was a reason we kept you around here. ;)

Just bought $250 worth of Jets Gear gift cards, I need to buy a jersey. The thrifty Mennonite in me can't handle the idea of spending real money on a jersey, but gift cards and Jets Points will do!

I'm with ya. I just looked at that. I need a white jersey for playoffs should they make it. I have enough points to buy one outright. I wonder if we can use our 15% discount with the gift cards?

seasontixholder*

Don't see why not.

Thanks Hank. I think I'll wait until after the trade deadline to make sure I don't buy a jersey with a player that gets traded. Already have a Burmi one. Going to get the numbers on that one changed to 69 I think.

Does anyone know if there is a deadline to use the Jets reward points?

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Thanks Hank. I think I'll wait until after the trade deadline to make sure I don't buy a jersey with a player that gets traded. Already have a Burmi one. Going to get the numbers on that one changed to 69 I think.

Does anyone know if there is a deadline to use the Jets reward points?

Jets Points are cumulative from one season to the next; however, Jets Points shall expire 7 years after the date of accumulation.

seasontixholder*

Jets Points are cumulative from one season to the next; however, Jets Points shall expire 7 years after the date of accumulation.

What about the rewards being offered today? Do we know if that's all year long? Just want to wait until the trade deadline before I decide what I want to use them for.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Hmmmmmm.....

I wonder if you can use gift cards to buy one of the game worn jerseys listed on the Jets site. Most expensive is listed at $1500, which would be 30 - $50 gift cards, which would take me 37,500 points.

seasontixholder*

Hmmmmmm.....

I wonder if you can use gift cards to buy one of the game worn jerseys listed on the Jets site. Most expensive is listed at $1500, which would be 30 - $50 gift cards, which would take me 37,500 points.

I was thinking on just getting a white jersey. Don't have one. Only need 4 gift cards. Seems like the best deal on the site.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
What about the rewards being offered today? Do we know if that's all year long? Just want to wait until the trade deadline before I decide what I want to use them for.

Not sure about that. In the FAQ it says the Jets can start and stop and change up what you can use points for at anytime.

But, if you are cashing in your points for gift cards, I'm not aware that the actual gift cards expire. You would have to check with the Jets. If the actual gift card(s) never expire, cashing in points and stocking up on the gift cards might not be a bad idea.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Not sure about that. In the FAQ it says the Jets can start and stop and change up what you can use points for at anytime.

But, if you are cashing in your points for gift cards, I'm not aware that the actual gift cards expire. You would have to check with the Jets. If the actual gift card(s) never expire, cashing in points and stocking up on the gift cards might not be a bad idea.

By law gift cards issued in Manitoba do not have an expiry date. Most provinces and states have similar laws.

seasontixholder*

Jets rewards email:

Can I use more than one gift card for one purchase? Do I get the 15% season ticket holder discount? Do I get more reward points purchasing with gift cards?

Yes, you can use more than one gift card during one purchase. Yes, you still earn your 15% season seat holder discount. No, you do not get additional Jets Rewards for purchases using your gift cards as payment.

Regards,
Winnipeg Jets Hockey Club

Last edited by a moderator:

Jetbruin

Sep 22, 2011
I need some advice. I redeemed my points for enough gift cards to get my wife and I new jerseys. The last jerseys we bought were from River City (pre-stitched with names and numbers) and we were very happy with them. The problem I have is that I was checking the Jets Gear site and it looks like the pre-done jerseys are all heat pressed. And they charge 70 bucks to customize a blank, but that is STILL heat pressed. I definetly want a stitched jersey. So should I just buy blanks with my gift cards and then take them to River City for customizing? What does river city charge for stitching?
Thanks!

wpglax

Mar 8, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
I need some advice. I redeemed my points for enough gift cards to get my wife and I new jerseys. The last jerseys we bought were from River City (pre-stitched with names and numbers) and we were very happy with them. The problem I have is that I was checking the Jets Gear site and it looks like the pre-done jerseys are all heat pressed. And they charge 70 bucks to customize a blank, but that is STILL heat pressed. I definetly want a stitched jersey. So should I just buy blanks with my gift cards and then take them to River City for customizing? What does river city charge for stitching?
Thanks!

90 bucks at Jets Gear gets you a stitched jersey from a blank. Usually 2-3 week lead time because they have to send them off to get done.

pegjets

Oh Canada
Apr 4, 2013
The $50 Jets store gift card is a lot more than I anticipated..

I guess their margins are high enough at the stores to offer such a big return.

Jetbruin

Sep 22, 2011
The $50 Jets store gift card is a lot more than I anticipated..

I guess their margins are high enough at the stores to offer such a big return.

Yeah I was shocked the value was so high. Putting in all of the Jets Tv codes alone is going to get you like a hundred bucks to spend!

flyingjay

Jun 25, 2012
Winnipeg
Thanks for the heads up on the $50 per card. Just ordered 7 of them. Totally thought it would be a $10 gift card (or $25 at the most). Very pleased. As seasontixholder mentioned, I'm probably gonna get a white one.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Just got 6 $50 gift cards with my points. The other items are either unattainable realistically, or stuff I'm not too interested in (signed puck? VIP parking? watch warmup from the glass?).

If you get the promo code from TSN Jets 50 times a year that's $100 in gift cards. Very nice.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
so anyone else notice they got rid of a lot of lower point items in the rewards catalog?

Ones I've noticed missing:

Ownership suite for 20 187,500
Post game ice rental 37,500
Watch warm ups from the players bench 25,000
Exclusive STH Jacket 50,000
Exclusive STH personalized calender 2,500
Personalized luggage tag 1,250
2 tickets to 14/15 Jets skills comp 1,000
Lunch with Chevy at the Keg 50,000
Lunch with Noel at the Keg 50,000
Meet a Jet 37,500
Road game viewing party at MTS centre 625
STH skate 625
STH package delivery by Jets player 25,000
Trip to NHL marquee event 187,500
Watch an open practice 625

Was there ever any indication of why they torched so many of the things initially offered? I was eying up the season ticket holder jacket though it would have taken me another three years to get it.

If these are done and not intended to go again, then the Jets gift cards are easily a great way to go.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Picked up my $250 worth of Jets gift cards today, flipped them for a minty new Blake Wheeler road jersey.

Not a bad haul for 6,250 reward points. Start taking notes, Chevy. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad